Oliver Burke

Contra

If he moves I hope he stays abroad as he has more chance of improving technically rather than in England IMO, but the price they will be after probably rules that out.  Wherever he ends up he needs to choose his move wisely and it has to be somewhere he has a good chance of playing as he needs to start getting games.

I can't see the link, is it touting him with a move to west brom or something? I doubt they would get rid of him this quickly, they'd be unlikely to get any money for him and they will need a much bigger squad this season to compete in league and cl

Crystal Palace is where he's being linked with.

The Champions League thing is actually quite a good point. Why get rid of him when you're likely going to need him during the group stages? Their arguement is that he isn't adapting tactically, but what's the point of bringing someone new in to replace him when you risk the exact same thing happening?

For someone that they apparently don't think is good enough, he played 25 times last year, admittedly most of them from the bench, and hasn't he featured fairly regularly during pre-season?

The article is here: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/vereine/2017-18/1/93478/tm-spielernews.html
It doesn't say anything about tactical understanding or work without the ball though.

I think I read the tactical thing on STV's gossip column link, so it could of course be absolute bollocks.

Scottish media outlets making stuff up? Doesn't sound like something they'd do tbh.

That part comes from Derek Rae, who isn't inclined to hyperbole. Rae essentially said that management are cutting ties after Burke showed a disinclination to adapt. Reflects badly on the player, which is why I said it was so disappointing.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

That part comes from Derek Rae, who isn't inclined to hyperbole. Rae essentially said that management are cutting ties after Burke showed a disinclination to adapt. Reflects badly on the player, which is why I said it was so disappointing.

Fair enough. Didn't realise it had come from a respectable source.

I don't understand why you would take a 19 year old on a 4 year deal, say that he's "one for the future" and only give him 12 months to learn and adapt, especially when a large chunk of that time would have been him getting used to a new country and culture, learning the language and things, was always going to be a lengthy project. Also read the other day that he's just moved his family out there to be with him. Seems daft, wouldn't be surprised if RBL included a buy-back clause if they do sell.

48 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I don't understand why you would take a 19 year old on a 4 year deal, say that he's "one for the future" and only give him 12 months to learn and adapt, especially when a large chunk of that time would have been him getting used to a new country and culture, learning the language and things, was always going to be a lengthy project. Also read the other day that he's just moved his family out there to be with him. Seems daft, wouldn't be surprised if RBL included a buy-back clause if they do sell.

Depends whether in that 12 months they've realised that he's not going to be the player they expected.  If he's really not picking up what they're trying to teach him after a year, then why wait another 3 if they believe they can get an English team to pay stupid money for him?  Might just be making a judgement call, whether that's correct or not.  

From what limited football I've seen him play, I can see some degree of truth in there.  He's definitely very raw, and I can definitely see a club believing that the effort required to get him to improve may be more than they're willing to give.  If it's true, which it probably isn't.