Oliver Burke

Contra

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

He'd only played about 25 games for Forrest, scoring 6 goals in the process. There's no way he's worth £30M at the moment and unless he's on a ridiculously high contract for the next 5 years then his contract wouldn't justify that price tag either.

Also loving the suggestions that he's about to fake injury, pull out the Malta squad and go and play for Big Sam's England. I kind of hope he does, just to see these folk come on here and say "SEE!!!!11!! SHOULDUV CAPPED HIM WHEN HE WAS BORN!!1111!!".

Given the choice of someone playing well or yer da with his wee feathered hat and kilt absolutely raging.  

It's no a tough call.  

It says "any player who has NOT played International football for another association", it does not say that has to have been in a competitive game though...

Friendlies don't count. It's a fact so stop thinking it's not.

14 hours ago, Christophe said:

You genuinely fail to see a difference in using a German word that happens to be a company name and being called 'Red Bull' ?

14 hours ago, Christophe said:

Bayer: an actual word in the German language

Red Bull: A company name

You cannot see how the first one, though also a company name, would get away with this and the latter would not? I realise you're too far in with the "thick f**k" nonsense now to back down fully  but are you genuinely saying you cannot see the reason why this would be? 

you should take a chill pill m8

Spoiler

07-aspirin-zoomed.jpg

You just know Strachan will start with James Forrest, and Burke and Snoddy will be on the bench. Guy's a fucking moron.

Aye, won't get a start until he's 25 because he 'just lacks the experience that you need to perform at the highest level' or some such pish.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sigh

The point of even saying that?

Because it's kind of true... Strachan is tactically moronic. I went to the 'Night with Gordon' thing they had on at Hampden when he first became Scotland manager. Someone asked him what his prefered way of playing is and he replyed with "Just however the players play on the day. I just send them out. They know their jobs." He has no plan what so ever. The players must go out there feeling proper confused.

3 minutes ago, Underpants Gnome said:

Because it's kind of true... Strachan is tactically moronic. I went to the 'Night with Gordon' thing they had on at Hampden when he first became Scotland manager. Someone asked him what his prefered way of playing is and he replyed with "Just however the players play on the day. I just send them out. They know their jobs." He has no plan what so ever. The players must go out there feeling proper confused.

Is that an exact quote, aye? Strachan isn't some pub league manager, if you think he just picks players, sends them out there and says "do your best" then there's a screw loose somewhere.

Honestly, I get that some don't like Strachan but why folk feel the need to manufacture reasons to slate him rather than using the blindingly obvious and valid criticisms of him is beyond me.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Is that an exact quote, aye? Strachan isn't some pub league manager, if you think he just picks players, sends them out there and says "do your best" then there's a screw loose somewhere.

Honestly, I get that some don't like Strachan but why folk feel the need to manufacture reasons to slate him rather than using the blindingly obvious and valid criticisms of him is beyond me.

It is an exact quote, yes. If not exact, then along the lines of what he said as he may have tried to make a 'funny' remark inbetween.

I don't dislike Strachan but the jury is still out on him for me. He is quite right to recieve criticism after the last campaign. Made for too many mental calls when it came to his tactics, team and squad selections.

Just now, Underpants Gnome said:

It is an exact quote, yes. If not exact, then along the lines of what he said as he may have tried to make a 'funny' remark inbetween.

I don't dislike Strachan but the jury is still out on him for me. He is quite right to recieve criticism after the last campaign. Made for too many mental calls when it came to his tactics, team and squad selections.

Are there any transcripts of that night or even a summarising article?  Wouldn't mind a read of it.

I agree that he has to share the blame for our last campaign, I don't agree that he doesn't bother with tactics and just sends out players hoping for the best.

Seems to have no bother starting regulars Robertson or Hanley in the past, sure Robertson actually broke into the team under Strachan

It's just a daft thing to say, it's not like there's any other young players that are better than what we have getting kept out of the team

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seems to have no bother starting regulars Robertson or Hanley in the past, sure Robertson actually broke into the team under Strachan

It's just a daft thing to say, it's not like there's any other young players that are better than what we have getting kept out of the team

1. I never mentioned youngsters

2. We do have better players than some that have been included in the squad

3. He did hand Robertson his debut but at the same time dropped him a few times for Forsyth and Whittaker (one of his blunders) 

The Ireland away game was crying out for pace. They were there for the taking, and he drops Anya and Robertson. Mental.

Edited by Underpants Gnome

1. I never mentioned youngsters

2. We do have better players than some that have been included in the squad

3. He did hand Robertson his debut but at the same time dropped him a few times for Forsyth and Whittaker (one of his blunders) 

The Ireland away game was crying out for pace. They were there for the taking, and he drops Anya and Robertson. Mental.

I wasn't replying to you in the post you quoted though, the guy was on about under 25s/lack of experience.

And I'd say McCormacks definitely better than Martin the rest is down to opinion, not sure about anyone else.

Agree he made an arse of dropping Robertson in hindsight but in that game it was understandable, Forsyth had a mare but he was played and put in for his height to try and stop Walters winning headers. Sure a lot of people thought it was a sensible call before the game. Anya should never have been dropped though.