Oliver Burke

Contra

Thought this was gonna be 12 pages of how brill a Scottish teenager has been signed by a German bundesliga side.....but no....its semantics...in a different language coupled with corporate etiquette.....i haven't been this disappointed since I found out chick young was still a thing

Chances of a wee injury in the next week and appearing in the next England U21 squad?

More chance of Christophe admitting he's made a c**t of it

Seems happy to be involved with us. I'd actually maybe start him now after this move he must be absolutely buzzing at the moment. Snodgrass probably going to be injured. Ritchie central and Burke/Forrest on each wing could maybe be decent.

Certainly an interesting move. Guess he will be straight in the first team after a fee like that.

Wonder if he will be getting a cheeky phone call from Sam Allardyce this week...

Certainly an interesting move. Guess he will be straight in the first team after a fee like that.

Wonder if he will be getting a cheeky phone call from Sam Allardyce this week...

It would be silly of England not to try and turn somebody of his potential. Nothing to loose.

It would be silly of England not to try and turn somebody of his potential. Nothing to loose.

Well....there is only one way to counter that and that is to play him next Sunday in Malta.

Now, if he pulls out the squad with injury this week there is a chance he has been knobled.

However, I think he is committed to being Scottish and im pretty sure he will take part in the game against Malta.

6 hours ago, Mccaughey85 said:

Cant believe how forest have played their hand here, burke is worth twice that amount what with having several years left on his contract and the new bumper deal the epl has. They could of got twice that amount in a years time and had the benefit of him playing and helping them towards promotion. I would be raging if i was a forest fan. 

Judging by the way some of the Forest fans have been talking on social media, you would think he's moved to play in China. I understand being biased towards the appeal of your own club but, there are seriously some fans who are claiming he moved for the cash and berating him for "not asking to stay".

From a developmental perspective, moving to the Bundesliga at 19 years old is an absolute no brainer IMO.

7 hours ago, Mccaughey85 said:

Cant believe how forest have played their hand here, burke is worth twice that amount what with having several years left on his contract and the new bumper deal the epl has. They could of got twice that amount in a years time and had the benefit of him playing and helping them towards promotion. I would be raging if i was a forest fan. 

There was no chance on this earth they would have turned down that sort of money at this stage. Forrest are by no means certainty for promotion and no EPL club would spend £10m+ on him.

I hope they buy a couple of good players and end up promoted, to show these fannies there's a bigger picture than to one player, even if it's a promising youngster. 

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Christophe :lol:

Yes he played against Denmark but he can still be poached from another nation until he plays a competitive game 

What's the latest rules. I'm sure it used to be a competitive U21 or any senior international tied you down.

Edited because I googled this-

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfills one of the following conditions:
(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

— FIFA.com

Carry on. Just talking to myself.

Edited by thisal

9 hours ago, Mccaughey85 said:

He'd only played about 25 games for Forrest, scoring 6 goals in the process. There's no way he's worth £30M at the moment and unless he's on a ridiculously high contract for the next 5 years then his contract wouldn't justify that price tag either.

Also loving the suggestions that he's about to fake injury, pull out the Malta squad and go and play for Big Sam's England. I kind of hope he does, just to see these folk come on here and say "SEE!!!!11!! SHOULDUV CAPPED HIM WHEN HE WAS BORN!!1111!!".

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He'd only played about 25 games for Forrest, scoring 6 goals in the process. There's no way he's worth £30M at the moment and unless he's on a ridiculously high contract for the next 5 years then his contract wouldn't justify that price tag either.

Also loving the suggestions that he's about to fake injury, pull out the Malta squad and go and play for Big Sam's England. I kind of hope he does, just to see these folk come on here and say "SEE!!!!11!! SHOULDUV CAPPED HIM WHEN HE WAS BORN!!1111!!".

You hope he chooses England.   Why on earth do you post in the tartan army ramblings then.

I think your the sort to go in a mood if scotland win a game.

What's the latest rules. I'm sure it used to be a competitive U21 or any senior international tied you down.

Edited because I googled this-

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfills one of the following conditions:
(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
© His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

— FIFA.com Carry on. Just talking to myself.

That sounds like the game against Denmark committed him to Scotland, does it not?

He will still be eligible to play for England under the "schooling" rule, which is specific to the home nations.  An international friendly is not a match in an "official competition", so he will remain eligible to play for them until he plays a qualifier for us.