Alex Jack Cup

18 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not sure what happened with 8 I was watching number 11 taking his time leaving the touchline. It was the guy next to me who said another one had been sent off:lol: I just noticed him at the touchline I thought at first he was a sub going on then seen his number, as you say he could have been subbed then got sent off for saying something.

First time i've been to HW for a game since the mid90s its changed a bit:lol: my mate said the last time he was there HW were playing on the grass pitch next to the 3G which looked better for spectators.

The indoor centre looks smart.

Number 11 was a complete clown......flew towards the touchline in a rage and nearly took me out as he clattered into the barrier!  Amusingly as we left at final whistle he was already fully dressed heading for his car.......probably to escape further wrath from his manager.

I believe I was taken to a HW game about 20 years ago but have no memory whatsoever, tho returned a number of weeks ago for a game....primarily to see the very impressive Oriam that you alluded to.  Be good to see Scotland get a few more indoor facilities like that.

Never a facility for a final. Pitch is great but awful for us spectators.

Felt Tynecastle were the better side for large parts but missed a lot of chances. Lothian were much more clinical. Tynie played some great football. Watched them a few times and they always do. Lothian will take a bit of stopping this season though in my opinion.

16 hours ago, Derek1234 said:

Never a facility for a final. Pitch is great but awful for us spectators.

Felt Tynecastle were the better side for large parts but missed a lot of chances. Lothian were much more clinical. Tynie played some great football. Watched them a few times and they always do. Lothian will take a bit of stopping this season though in my opinion.

Having seen Lothian, Tynie and Leith this season Lothian have looked the better out of the 3. As you say Tynie played well in spells but I thought Lothian were better overall.

Wasn't at the game but just reading the comments , Am I right in thinking that two Tynie players got sent off?

One sent off during the game for 2 bookings and a sub got sent off from the dugout at the same point. Presumably for something he had said to the referee. So they were only down to 10 men, not 9.

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 22:01, rigano said:

Wasn't it a straight red?  As someone said above Tyne 11,  Danny swanson brother I believe,  was a clown

Cracking wee player aswell. Was at Lothiam before he was at Tynie.

• 1 month later...
On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:34, calmac25 said:

Also noticed on the EoS website that there is a East and South super cup still to be scheduled for the winner of the Alex jack and new south alternate cup.

The rumour was the winner of this will qualify for the Scottish cup next season but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere

Lochar Thistle overcame Nithsdale Wanderers 4-0 in the final of the Southern Alternate Cup - branded the 'Alba Cup' - at Palmerston tonight.

So it would be a battle of the Thistles: LT v LTHV.

Archived