Alex Jack Cup

Quarter Finals

Heriot Watt v Tweedmouth

Lothian Thistle HV v Ormiston

Tynecastle v Eyemouth

Semi Finals

Tynecastle or Eyemouth v HW or Tweedmouth

LTHV or Ormiston v Peebles

What is everybody's predictions for this? What date is the final?

Normally it is played on Scottish Cup dates.

Apparently the SOSL have formed a mirror-image tournament from this season called the "South Alternate Cup" (see SOS sub-forum).

Based on last season's standings and the draw, you'd imagine LTHV and Tynecastle would be favourites for the Final. Both being drawn at home in both rounds will mean some date problems given they both share Saughton!!

• 1 month later...

The final is scheduled for the 23rd of October.

Also noticed on the EoS website that there is a East and South super cup still to be scheduled for the winner of the Alex jack and new south alternate cup.

The rumour was the winner of this will qualify for the Scottish cup next season but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere

It's a great opportunity for tynecastle, nithsdale or the midds if so

Tynecastle reached the AJC Final today.

LTHV host Peebles in other Sf, next week.

In the Southern Alternate Cup, Nithsdale Wanderers reached Final today.

Other Sf is Lochar v Mid-Annandale.

Other Semi Final was Lochar vs Abbey Vale!! Lochar won it and I'd be expecting them to take 3 or 4 off Wanderers in the final!!

Also noticed on the EoS website that there is a East and South super cup still to be scheduled for the winner of the Alex jack and new south alternate cup.

The rumour was the winner of this will qualify for the Scottish cup next season but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere

Would say LTHV or Lochar should be the final... Might be a decent game but as it is, I'd expect the East to take it

22 minutes ago, theProdigy said:

Other Semi Final was Lochar vs Abbey Vale!! Lochar won it and I'd be expecting them to take 3 or 4 off Wanderers in the final!!

That's not what SOS League website says.

It has Abbey Vale 4-8 Lochar Thistle among the four Quarter-finals played on Saturday 3rd September but noted as "game to be replayed" albeit no reason given. It then has the tie played again yesterday with Lochar winning 3-1.

Mid-Annandale beat Lochmaben in Qfs and haven't played anyone since.

It gives results as:

First Round
Upper Annandale 2-5 Lochar

Quarter-Finals
Abbey Vale 1-3 Lochar (after 4-8)
Creetown 2-1 Heston
Mid-Annandale 3-1 Lochmaben
Nithsdale 9-0 Dumfries YMCA

Semi-Finals
Nithsdale 5-1 Creetown

That's not what SOS League website says.

It has Abbey Vale 4-8 Lochar Thistle among the four Quarter-finals played on Saturday 3rd September but noted as "game to be replayed" albeit no reason given. It then has the tie played again yesterday with Lochar winning 3-1.

Mid-Annandale beat Lochmaben in Qfs and haven't played anyone since.

It gives results as:

First Round
Upper Annandale 2-5 Lochar

Quarter-Finals
Abbey Vale 1-3 Lochar (after 4-8)
Creetown 2-1 Heston
Mid-Annandale 3-1 Lochmaben
Nithsdale 9-0 Dumfries YMCA

Semi-Finals
Nithsdale 5-1 Creetown

You are right... They have replayed the tie! Not heard anything about the reason for that! Second semi final is to be Mid Annandale vs Lochar Thistle

LTHV 2-0 Peebles Rovers

So the Final is Tynecastle v LTHV. Could play it at Saughton...

Astonishing day in the EOS League, incidentally. Four games played and they finished 10-0, 8-0, 6-1, and 8-2. Collectively the home clubs beat the away clubs 32-3. Quite incredible.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:34, calmac25 said:

LTHV twitter says its 3:15pm at Riccarton. Many years since an EOS cup final was last there, IIRC - all the outdoor pitches have been rebuilt since then, too. Have to check how long.

EDIT: To my surprise it only seems to have hosted 2 finals in at least the last 30yrs, the EOS Qualifying Cup Finals in 2004-05 and 2006-07.

Used to be a fairly regular venue for EOS Select XI games, right up to recent years.

For anyone interested... this is the grand total of venues for South Challenge Cup, EOS Qualifying Cup, King Cup, Alex Jack Cup, Lowland League Cup, and EOS League Cup since EOSL reconstruction in 1987:

36 - Ferguson Park, Rosewell
18 - Pennypit Park, Prestonpans
15 - Netherdale, Galashiels
12 - Christie Gillies Park (aka Marine Drive), Edinburgh

8 - St Mark's Park, Edinburgh
  8 - Victoria Park, Innerleithen
  5 - Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh
  4 - Saughton Enclosure, Edinburgh

2 - Ainslie Park, Edinburgh
  2 - Riccarton Campus, Edinburgh
  2 - Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
  2 - Albert Park, Hawick
  2 - Yarrow Park, Selkirk

1 - Galabank, Annan
  1 - Albyn Park, Broxburn
  1 - Home Park, Coldstream
  1 - Islecroft, Dalbeattie
  1 - Easter Road Stadium, Edinburgh
  1 - Meadowbank Stadium, Edinburgh
  1 - Peffermill, Edinburgh
  1 - Palmerston, Dumfries
  1 - Olivebank, Musselburgh
  1 - Whitestone Park, Peebles
  1 - unknown (EOS Qualifying Cup Final 1987-88 - possibly Netherdale)

Was also at this and though Tynie started well with the better early chances. Two good goals from LTHV put them well in command but Tynie came back into it at 2-1 before the double sending off.

The no11 I thought would eventually get a red card after his early booking he looked like the sort of guy with his style of play who looked like he would get another yellow. I presume the no8 must have said something for his red.

Good game , quite liked LTHV's style of play they play some good football at times. Not a great venue spectator wise for a cup final.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:
1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Was also at this and though Tynie started well with the better early chances. Two good goals from LTHV put them well in command but Tynie came back into it at 2-1 before the double sending off.

The no11 I thought would eventually get a red card after his early booking he looked like the sort of guy with his style of play who looked like he would get another yellow. I presume the no8 must have said something for his red.

Good game , quite liked LTHV's style of play they play some good football at times. Not a great venue spectator wise for a cup final.

Million percent agree with every point made.  11 was never going to see the game out, Tynecastle could/should have went one or two up, and am I right in thinking the no.8 had previously been subbed before being sent off for mouthing from the dugout?

Been to HW before and whilst its a top quality floodlit pitch, its definitely not a ground fit for a cup final.

4 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Million percent agree with every point made.  11 was never going to see the game out, Tynecastle could/should have went one or two up, and am I right in thinking the no.8 had previously been subbed before being sent off for mouthing from the dugout?

Been to HW before and whilst its a top quality floodlit pitch, its definitely not a ground fit for a cup final.

Not sure what happened with 8 I was watching number 11 taking his time leaving the touchline. It was the guy next to me who said another one had been sent off:lol: I just noticed him at the touchline I thought at first he was a sub going on then seen his number, as you say he could have been subbed then got sent off for saying something.

First time i've been to HW for a game since the mid90s its changed a bit:lol: my mate said the last time he was there HW were playing on the grass pitch next to the 3G which looked better for spectators.

The indoor centre looks smart.

Archived