Rovers V Brechin

2 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Thanks for this lads. You've made a 10 year old's (and his old Da's) day reading that. He absolutely loves being down on that track and is a good ambassador for the friendly image the Rovers are known for. Bizarrely, he's most fond of Airdrie fans but only because they ply him with sweets!

To the game, and I'm afraid it will be mostly repetition from me. We played for 15 mins; Brechin played for 75; nuff said, really. Wallace was excellent, Fisher was good, and Ross Stewart #2 and Ross Gilmour both looked promising in their short cameos, but that was it for quality. The usually reliable Kyle Turnbull had an absolute mare, getting roasted several times, and giving away a howlingly stupid penalty. A word too for the invisible Mark Ferry; why is this guy starting games when he's contributed little in the last month?

So 1 from 6 is poor. 4 from 9 would be more like it, but I'm not sure I'd fancy us to win at Peterhead next week though. However, when you expect nowt from Rovers... well, we all know the script.

Oh and well done Brechin; better side by a distance yesterday, and a decent bunch of diehards; very much like us in that regard, 

By all accounts both yourself and Rovers should be proud of the wee man a credit to you both:)

Absolutely delighted with the result yesterday as Cliftonhill is always a tough place to go. Last season we were hammered twice down there so to come away with a comfortable win this time out shows the progress that Dods is making at the club. It took us 8 games last season to register six points so to have that after just 2 games is fantastic.

Albion started stronger and we struggled a little in the opening 15 minutes. It was mostly Brechin from then on. A very cheap penalty to give away from a Rovers point of view, O'Neill was going nowhere and the lad just lunged in. Very well worked 2nd goal to clinch the points, Albion never really looked like getting back into the game although Smith had a couple of good saves.

A tough but very winnable game next week at home against Queens Park, would be superb if we could make it 3 league wins in a row to start off the season. Think the last time we managed that was the 01/02 championship season where I'm sure we won the first half dozen games.

Echo the comments about the ball boy, such an enthusiastic and polite wee character who seemed to take his responsibility of being the sole ball boy very seriously!

Archived