Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some stunningly predictable responses here.

I guess it's because on the one hand you have posters relentlessly dotting others and then you have people (of a big old age nonetheless) constantly making cracks about folk being virgins, having no mates irl, and in one especially bizarre case accusing folk they don't know baselessly of being anti-Semites. Dunno about you but the coloured circles (at the end of the day a pure abstraction of no practical consequence) don't really measure up to trying to get needlessly personal with posters that you don't like. 

Just now, Andrew Driver said:

'You give a circle and receive a square'.  

Thanks.  

We spoke about this last time we were in The Ivory - you only receive the square from the first circle. Any subsequent circles just alter the content of the square.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Your whole ‘be kind’ shtick might be more effective if you didn’t have significant previous history for vitriolic and abusive posts buddy.

Do I? I've certainly called a couple of posters a few names, and was probably way too harsh on one of them, but the other can bolt. 

Unsure about the significant previous history of it though. Could be wrong and perhaps I was a bit of a dick before.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I guess it's because on the one hand you have posters relentlessly dotting others and then you have people (of a big old age nonetheless) constantly making cracks about folk being virgins, having no mates irl, and in one especially bizarre case accusing folk they don't know baselessly of being anti-Semites. Dunno about you but the coloured circles (at the end of the day a pure abstraction of no practical consequence) don't really measure up to trying to get needlessly personal with posters that you don't like. 

The needlessly personal stuff is indeed needless (and usually pretty dull stuff, using the predictable tropes of 'nae pals' and the ever devastating 'virgin').

But the general point was a simple one, that being that some folk do take things worse than others. We don't get to decide what others find annoying etc, or to what level.

The dotting most likely doesn't bother the majority of folk on here, but there are almost certainly some it does, and if folk continue to target them, then that's dickhead behaviour and not called for if they aren't dishing out the insults. But if they are firing out insults then perhaps they should cool that down too, as that's also dickhead behaviour.

On 12/09/2020 at 12:43, DA Baracus said:

f**k off cretin

On 14/08/2020 at 18:46, DA Baracus said:

It's that 8gamestogo/Pet Jeden cretin, isn't it?

On 10/07/2020 at 18:49, DA Baracus said:

Shadwell showing what a hideous little cretin he is by cheerleading horrible posts.

Is he still boycotting?

On 28/04/2020 at 16:40, DA Baracus said:

What a wee bootlicking cretin you are.

On 10/11/2019 at 00:20, DA Baracus said:

What shite are you on about now?

Pipe down you bitter wee cretin.

On 12/04/2019 at 13:03, DA Baracus said:

You're a cretin and a shitebag.

But dots though. 

I agree with DA’s post and it is never down to the person handing out the banter/abuse to be the one who decides that a person is over reacting to what is being dished out, JTS clearly felt he was being the victim of nasty behaviour and the fact that SA responded by telling him to dry his eyes confirms that SA probably is a nasty piece of work and also shows off how nasty it can get when cliques are formed. Fortunately most people outgrow cliquey behaviour IRL when they are children but when it comes to cyber bullying we are talking about a whole new level of tragic behaviour that has not yet been encountered in the human story so far so it’s hard to know when these petty Individuals will ever grow up.

4 minutes ago, Da Bomb said:

But dots though. 

Alias account activated! 

You've absolutely missed the point. By a huge mark.

If folk were to have dotted any of those posts then there wouldn't be an issue. 

I'm not sure a few posts out of thousands of other nonsense I've posted actually suggests a pattern though (it doesn't). I also have no idea what they were in response to, so they might have been harsh or might have been merited.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The needlessly personal stuff is indeed needless (and usually pretty dull stuff, using the predictable tropes of 'nae pals' and the ever devastating 'virgin').

But the general point was a simple one, that being that some folk do take things worse than others. We don't get to decide what others find annoying etc, or to what level.

The dotting most likely doesn't bother the majority of folk on here, but there are almost certainly some it does, and if folk continue to target them, then that's dickhead behaviour and not called for if they aren't dishing out the insults. But if they are firing out insults then perhaps they should cool that down too, as that's also dickhead behaviour.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I agree with DA’s post and it is never down to the person handing out the banter/abuse to be the one who decides that a person is over reacting to what is being dished out, JTS clearly felt he was being the victim of nasty behaviour and the fact that SA responded by telling him to dry his eyes confirms that SA probably is a nasty piece of work and also shows off how nasty it can get when cliques are formed. Fortunately most people outgrow cliquey behaviour IRL when they are children but when it comes to cyber bullying we are talking about a whole new level of tragic behaviour that has not yet been encountered in the human story so far so it’s hard to know when these petty Individuals will ever grow up.

Some truly wise sentiments about maturity from the person who makes up bogus and obviously bullshit stories to make themselves a centre of attention on a Scottish football forum, while demonstrating almost zero interest or opinions on Scottish football.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What is the solution then? 

Not to be all No Clean Hands but, uh, nobody has clean hands in this interminable debate. It's like the Great War of posting. 

Spoiler

I'm Soviet Russia 

Spoiler

Just joking. I'm the US in 1917, inevitably turning the tide

Edited by NotThePars

1 minute ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Wasn't it DA Baracus that fantasised about building a pram with a glory hole carved under the handle bar for easy portable access in public or something like that?  I found that quite unsettling. 

b9rreGI.png

Not quite the story.

I did post that, but I've explained it numerous times. It was intentionally horrendous/unsettling as it was part of a drunken conversation (in 2007 or 2008) between myself and a friend talking about increasingly disgusting things we could come up to try and gross each other out. I came up with a pram for fucking amputees in, with the modifications as you describe.

I have to admit that I used to find it quite amusing, but haven't felt that way about it in a long time.

Just now, NotThePars said:

What is the solution then? 

Not to be all No Clean Hands but, uh, nobody has clean hands in this interminable debate. It's like the Great War of posting. 

Hide contents

I'm Soviet Russia

I think the solution is for folk to continue to use the dotting system, but just consider things if they are continually dotting a poster regardless of content to try and goad them in to a reaction.

But I'm not a moderator and what I post isn't important.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Alias account activated! 

You've absolutely missed the point. By a huge mark.

If folk were to have dotted any of those posts then there wouldn't be an issue. 

I'm not sure a few posts out of thousands of other nonsense I've posted actually suggests a pattern though (it doesn't). I also have no idea what they were in response to, so they might have been harsh or might have been merited.

Calling someone a cretin, which you do with an alarming regularity, wouldn’t “get to someone” but dots might?

Just now, Da Bomb said:

Calling someone a cretin, which you do with an alarming regularity, wouldn’t “get to someone” but dots might?

You could be a politician with that sort of spin on things.

Anyway, I believe I covered this in a previous post.

What are you other aliases incidentally?

On 27/10/2018 at 21:08, DA Baracus said:

f**k off you utter cretin.

You're an absolute piece of shit.

On 19/07/2018 at 13:45, DA Baracus said:

Folk STILL responding the cretin that is Peppino is mental. 

On 22/06/2018 at 08:39, DA Baracus said:

What an absolute cretin. A dribbling moron. That shit is laughable.

On 01/06/2018 at 13:04, DA Baracus said:

Stop responding to him. He's a dribbling cretin and folk replying to him, and thus fueling him, are little better

On 16/04/2018 at 20:30, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

Why would anyone want the respect of a dribbling cretin like you?

On 12/04/2018 at 18:23, DA Baracus said:

If you're genuinely annoyed by this, in any way at all, then you're a horrendously stupid cretin 

On 26/03/2018 at 19:53, DA Baracus said:

Folk still responding to a wee fanny cretin troll like Peppino :lol: