Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:
3 hours ago, Szamo said:
If that Granny Danger post is directed at me (I don't know), just an FYI I have put you on ignore.
No offence but you are back to polluting virtually every section of this forum morning, noon and night with inane, tedious dribblings and it is easier and less time consuming to use the ignore function rather than wasting my precious time and energy scrolling straight past your 'contributions'.
Here's Dua Lipa:
200.gif&key=c79af1ef60c79ae0988dc0ae2ac46731069613b3f9ac17f0f3831311b6ec7df2 

Up vote exclusively for Dua Lipa

Why are you so afraid of Granny Danger, @Twinkle

I don't know if that post was serious, but it does raise a point.

It's easy to roll out the well worn tropes about the red dots ("coloured circles on a forum" etc), and whilst they really shouldn't bother most folk, some folk just are bothered by what most others will see as silly little things. We all have our own stuff that will annoy us that others wouldn't think twice about, and in some cases for folk it's the red dotting.

This makes the attempts to belittle it a bit of a poor move, but to then target certain posters with it is absolutely a dick move. Perhaps they are just being an oh so funny 'wind up merchant' and don't mean any harm, but you have to ask why they continually do it until they get they desired reaction. It's all a bit sad and so uncalled for. They can have a wee laugh that they've got someone upset by something they trivialise, but their target might be feeling absolutely shite about it.

Just have a think about it all, and please don't try and dismiss and belittle it with the usual cliches about red dots. For some folk it's demonstrable that it gets to them, so why do you continue to target them and do it? That's pretty much bullying, no matter how much you try to downplay it.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't know if that post was serious, but it does raise a point.

It's easy to roll out the well worn tropes about the red dots ("coloured circles on a forum" etc), and whilst they really shouldn't bother most folk, some folk just are bothered by what most others will see as silly little things. We all have our own stuff that will annoy us that others wouldn't think twice about, and in some cases for folk it's the red dotting.

This makes the attempts to belittle it a bit of a poor move, but to then target certain posters with it is absolutely a dick move. Perhaps they are just being an oh so funny 'wind up merchant' and don't mean any harm, but you have to ask why they continually do it until they get they desired reaction. It's all a bit sad and so uncalled for. They can have a wee laugh that they've got someone upset by something they trivialise, but their target might be feeling absolutely shite about it.

Just have a think about it all, and please don't try and dismiss and belittle it with the usual cliches about red dots. For some folk it's demonstrable that it gets to them, so why do you continue to target them and do it? That's pretty much bullying, no matter how much you try to downplay it.

It’s creepy when it’s orchestrated.  Szamo, Marshy, Todd and VT seem to be targeting the same folk collectively.  Of course maybe they need that mutual support in lieu of real world friends so maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s creepy when it’s orchestrated.  Szamo, Marshy, Todd and VT seem to be targeting the same folk collectively.  Of course maybe they need that mutual support in lieu of real world friends so maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh.

It might just be a 'wind up' and they don't really mean any harm, but I'd urge them to think about it. It doesn't matter that it's "coloured dots on a football forum"; it could be anything. If you know someone is getting upset by something and you target them and keep doing the thing that upsets them, no matter how small and trivial it may seem to you, then it's bullying and a total dick move.

Like I said, we all have things that annoy and/or upset us that other folk wouldn't think twice about. I mind in 5th and 6th year at school some friends latched on that I got irrationally annoyed by being called 'The Falkirk Loyal' and used to call me it often. I'd laugh now but back then it got to me for some odd, unexplainable reason. Eventually they realised that it was actually annoying me more than just a wee wind up between friends and stopped. It's absolutely daft and such a silly wee thing to get worked up about, and I wouldn't give it a second thought today, but it's just an example of what I'm saying, that we all have them.

For some folk it's red dots on here. It's one thing to red dot a post you think is pish/nonsense/unfunny/dickish or just not agreeable, but to go track down a poster's every post each day and do it is targeted and really pretty tragic. At that stage you have to really ask if those who do it know what they're doing and if it's gone beyond an oh so witty 'wind up'.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

It literally is just a small red circle next to a post on a football forum.

Why do you bother with it so much if that's all it is? I don't mind your dots, sometimes they're deserved and other times it's clear what you're disagreeing with. But chasing someone around the forum dotting everything they post, when it's clear they're getting upset by it, is just weird.

The site has functionality to signal agreement or disagreement with a post.

It does. So indiscriminately red dotting every post from a poster doesn’t align with functionality intended

Who is doing this?

Quite a few people, yourself included, going from what’s being said above. There’s been tale of folk, perhaps not you in this example, going back years to red dot posters post. It just seems odd to me.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Quite a few people, yourself included, going from what’s being said above. There’s been tale of folk, perhaps not you in this example, going back years to red dot posters post. It just seems odd to me.

It's a coloured circle - who gives a rat's ass!

If I see a post I don't like I click the red dot. If I see a post I like I click the green dot. 

It is wild to me that clicking a red circle is somehow beyond the pale but all manner of name calling and accusations are seen as fine hahaha

On this very page I've been accused by a poster I have on Ignore of having no friends irl. But I click a red circle next to a poor post and I'm worse than Satan.

This all started because JTS has dreadful opinions.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's one thing to red dot a post you think is pish/nonsense/unfunny/dickish or just not agreeable, but to go track down a poster's every post each day and do it is targeted and really pretty tragic. At that stage you have to really ask if those who do it know what they're doing and if it's gone beyond an oh so witty 'wind up'.

Was that actually happening? If so by who?

People should be named and shamed.

It's a coloured circle - who gives a rat's ass!
If I see a post I don't like I click the red dot. If I see a post I like I click the green dot. 
It is wild to me that clicking a red circle is somehow beyond the pale but all manner of name calling and accusations are seen as fine hahaha
On this very page I've been accused by a poster I have on Ignore of having no friends irl. But I click a red circle next to a poor post and I'm worse than Satan.

Fwiw, I completely agree. That’s why I find posters “campaigning” against other posters by repeatedly dotting their posts, almost regardless of content, so baffling. Even more so when they say the red dots are meaningless. Each to their own, but if I knew I was doing something that was getting to someone I’d probably stop.