Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Are we really doing "so and so was bullied off the forum" again? The boy was throwing paddies left right and centre, getting into dotting wars with folk and coming up with lengthy scenarios in his own head about posters punctuated with photos implying they were bootlickers. He was acting a tit and obviously realised that himself, presumably because he spent his whole "beach holiday" picking up his phone, getting in a rage, typing out a lengthy response and throwing it into the sand.

Surely not?

In all seriousness, if we're talking about groups on here I'd say there's three:

Folk who are pretty sound and use this place to have a laugh and occasionally have a  serious discussion about something. Can make an arse of themselves occasionally but have the good grace to admit it and move on. Easy going essentially

Folk who are largely similar to above but have no problem going in two footed on folk for comments that are beyond the pail, especially in terms of racism etc. Can get involved in vendettas a bit too easily and some don't like their patter

Folk who get really upset about their posts being critised/people using the rep system and spend the majority of their time on the site getting upset. 

Groups 1&2 are the folk I'd want to speak to 

Here's my contribution to the heads gone thread. ICTChris is the Graham Spiers of this website - revelling in his above-the-fray middle class nice guy persona, when you just know that in reality he's just as depraved as anyone else on the forum.
Come on Chris, live a little - get down in the gutter with the rest of us. Start a dotting war, call someone a beast, something like that. 
You must have missed that tale he posted about the woman from his work a wee while ago. His turn to the dark side was complete there and then

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:
I still find it bizarre that people get genuinely concerned over the ramblings of complete strangers, on an anonymous Scottish football forum on the internet.

I worry about the ones who know where I live, but that's it.

20201003_124838.thumb.png.f4e98c24a18354f4889d998b55949e4f.png

Here's my contribution to the heads gone thread. ICTChris is the Graham Spiers of this website - revelling in his above-the-fray middle class nice guy persona, when you just know that in reality he's just as depraved as anyone else on the forum.
Come on Chris, live a little - get down in the gutter with the rest of us. Start a dotting war, call someone a beast, something like that. 

I just use my alias accounts for that stuff.

9 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

In all seriousness, if we're talking about groups on here I'd say there's three:

Folk who are pretty sound and use this place to have a laugh and occasionally have a  serious discussion about something. Can make an arse of themselves occasionally but have the good grace to admit it and move on. Easy going essentially

Folk who are largely similar to above but have no problem going in two footed on folk for comments that are beyond the pail, especially in terms of racism etc. Can get involved in vendettas a bit too easily and some don't like their patter

Folk who get really upset about their posts being critised/people using the rep system and spend the majority of their time on the site getting upset. 

Groups 1&2 are the folk I'd want to speak to 

I can safely say at some points I have been all three but it's definitely a lengthy and often painful learning process. I have nothing but pity and my heart goes out to those languishing in the third tier but it's important to remember that Pie and Bovril isn't a pyramid and doesn't require a sizeable underclass to maintain itself. In fact I'd wager once we all enter the upper two tiers then the site itself (and its wealthy patron) can only benefit.

Every day I wake up I like to remind myself that things can be worse, that the trolls aren't the be all and end all, and in the words of Kevin Parker:

And I know that I gotta be above it now

And I gotta bide my time as a face in the crowd
And I cannot let them all just bring me down

This time I'm just gonna take it all
I'm never gonna shake it up
I'll just close my eyes and make so that all the things don't affect me now
I know that I gotta be above it now

Semper posts

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I can safely say at some points I have been all three but it's definitely a lengthy and often painful learning process. I have nothing but pity and my heart goes out to those languishing in the third tier but it's important to remember that Pie and Bovril isn't a pyramid and doesn't require a sizeable underclass to maintain itself. In fact I'd wager once we all enter the upper two tiers then the site itself (and its wealthy patron) can only benefit.

Every day I wake up I like to remind myself that things can be worse, that the trolls aren't the be all and end all, and in the words of Kevin Parker:

Semper posts

CleanFrayedBaiji-size_restricted.gif

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Semper posts

As someone currently completing the application form for Club dece/Ali's place in the top posters WhatsApp group, I look up to you and the rest of the group 2 biyz

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I still find it bizarre that people get genuinely concerned over the ramblings of complete strangers, on an anonymous Scottish football forum on the internet.

I don’t find it bizarre at all in the year 2020 tbqh.  Twitter will eventually be blamed for the next catastrophic event in the human story and be taken down and forums like this will require a national security number and a photo ID to allow you to post and then nobody will be able to abuse anyone ever again all because a small amount of arseholes take the Internet far too seriously. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

As someone currently completing the application form for Club dece/Ali's place in the top posters WhatsApp group, I look up to you and the rest of the group 2 biyz

Application? Think you're being hazed, brother. It's all about vibes and vibes only. I'll send you the link. 💪

Received it m9, thanQ.

Out of respect for the likes of Monkey Tennis, alta-pete, throbber, 101 and Snafu who have also all applied, we’ll not be confirming your appointment, in public, on this thread, right this minute, however, what I will say is that you should probz start brushing up on your DECEcartes musings and Swifty lyrics.

#congratzbruh #genuineDECEfan