Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Pretty sure getting wide with a moderator was what finally saw @Jimmy85 get the bullet, despite posting some pretty OTT stuff at individuals on here in the name of bantz. 

Every now and then I report posts just to leave wee messages for the mods only 😀

23 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

What the f**k has happened to this once great website. Like the local high street, jeest no the same as it used tae be 

Obviously the ban on going to the football is having a significant effect on the mental health of the average P&Ber and should be lifted immediately.

Unless you're a Berwick fan. In which case the ban can stay as it's lessened depression in the Berwickshire area.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Obviously the ban on going to the football is having a significant effect on the mental health of the average P&Ber and should be lifted immediately.

Unless you're a Berwick fan. In which case the ban can stay as it's lessened depression in the Berwickshire area.

Berwick will be strictly midweek fixtures, Saturday football is back on the riviera X 2. Happy as Larry, could not be happier 

Are we really doing "so and so was bullied off the forum" again? The boy was throwing paddies left right and centre, getting into dotting wars with folk and coming up with lengthy scenarios in his own head about posters punctuated with photos implying they were bootlickers. He was acting a tit and obviously realised that himself, presumably because he spent his whole "beach holiday" picking up his phone, getting in a rage, typing out a lengthy response and throwing it into the sand.

18 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Are we really doing "so and so was bullied off the forum" again? The boy was throwing paddies left right and centre, getting into dotting wars with folk and coming up with lengthy scenarios in his own head about posters punctuated with photos implying they were bootlickers. He was acting a tit and obviously realised that himself, presumably because he spent his whole "beach holiday" picking up his phone, getting in a rage, typing out a lengthy response and throwing it into the sand.

Victim blaming type post.

Ever since General Nonsense began this is the pattern of things. A group of younger posters get into disputes with a couple of older posters, back and forths ensue and then someone is either banned or leaves the forum.

The introduction of dots has made the whole process quicker and easier, you don’t need to actually reply to show disapproval or get a reaction now. The pressures of lockdown and the fact that no-one has any football to distract them on the forum probably also contributes.

Ever since General Nonsense began this is the pattern of things. A group of younger posters get into disputes with a couple of older posters, back and forths ensue and then someone is either banned or leaves the forum.

The introduction of dots has made the whole process quicker and easier, you don’t need to actually reply to show disapproval or get a reaction now. The pressures of lockdown and the fact that no-one has any football to distract them on the forum probably also contributes.
There is a big part of me that thinks many, many square go offers need to made and indeed taken up on this website.

Who are the younger and older posters though? What age would you have had JTS at?

19 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

friend from this website.

I thought finding friends online was incell behaviour, especially when they are giving advice on coloured circles but It ithard to keep up these days.

Was JST not a roaster because he cared so much about the "rep" and now both yourself and Marshmallow proclaiming the dots are important.

For the avoidance of doubt anyone creaming themselves over green or red shapes probably isn't old enough to be allowed unsupervised access to the internet. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is a big part of me that thinks many, many square go offers need to made and indeed taken up on this website.

Who are the younger and older posters though? What age would you have had JTS at?

He's in his thirties I think.  That probably puts him on the cusp of the generational divide that is indeed evident on here.

Sadly, there's no debate regarding which side I fall on.  In fact, as Frank Skinner once observed, I'm approaching that stage where I no longer merely fall.  Instead I'm entering the territory where I have a fall.

He's in his thirties I think.  That probably puts him on the cusp of the generational divide that is indeed evident on here.
Sadly, there's no debate regarding which side I fall on.  In fact, as Frank Skinner once observed, I'm approaching that stage where I no longer merely fall.  Instead I'm entering the territory where I have a fall.
I'm not convinced theres a generational divide. I just think theres folk who come on to post honestly and theres folk who come on to wind folk up. Theres bound to be older folk that come on here and fanny about too. Plenty of folk have revealed themselves to be quite young that have surprised me. Genuine Hibs Fan being one since he posted above. Sure he said hes only 26. I'd have had him older.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced theres a generational divide. I just think theres folk who come on to post honestly and theres folk who come on to wind folk up. Theres bound to be older folk that come on here and fanny about too. Plenty of folk have revealed themselves to be quite young that have surprised me. Genuine Hibs Fan being one since he posted above. Sure he said hes only 26. I'd have had him older.

Not sure how to take this one tbh 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I disagree.

Obviously it's a pretty inexact science, with people of all ages behaving at times in all sorts of ways.  I do think though that there are general patterns across posts according to the age of posters.  I suppose it would be surprising if there weren't.  Such trends can certainly be found elsewhere in life.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I still find it bizarre that people get genuinely concerned over the ramblings of complete strangers, on an anonymous Scottish football forum on the internet.

I don't really.

It's obviously the done thing for everyone to insist how totally unbothered they are by everything on here.

A look at post counts, however, tells us that many of us spend a ridiculous amount of time interacting with others on here. I don't think people do that if none of it ever matters to them at all on any level.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly if you're getting to the stage that you feel a square go is not wanted but required then it's time to put the phone down and find a new pastime.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think you lads might be taking this a wee bit too seriously.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I still find it bizarre that people get genuinely concerned over the ramblings of complete strangers, on an anonymous Scottish football forum on the internet.

Is the correct answer. JTS got the pish ripped out of him because he had this weird faux intellectual sense of superiority, bit to everything and had an unyielding sense that he knew better than everyone else. There's nothing complicated about it.