Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Did Ali actually post something ban worthy ? Or is this just another example of the anti #perthshire bias on p&b ? Sadly the last acceptable form of bigotry smh.

Perthshire is a bit shite to be honest, a bit like Clackmannanshire but with more Tories and Sunday Post readers.

1 minute ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Ali must've been cheeky to the one of the mods over pm after receiving a 'friendly' warning.  Never saw anything on here earlier to justify a ban.

I've got warning points for something very mild but have seen people reference ex wives of posters and no one bats an eyelid. Seems to depend on people's moods at that particular moment which is not the way to run one of the most important Websites in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Ali must've been cheeky to the one of the mods over pm after receiving a 'friendly' warning.  Never saw anything on here earlier to justify a ban.

Pretty sure getting wide with a moderator was what finally saw @Jimmy85 get the bullet, despite posting some pretty OTT stuff at individuals on here in the name of bantz. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I've got warning points for something very mild but have seen people reference ex wives of posters and no one bats an eyelid. Seems to depend on people's moods at that particular moment which is not the way to run one of the most important Websites in Scotland. 

Been hard done by myself on a couple of occasions, there's some definite training needs for most of them imo.

You would think there would be a code of conduct for moderators to refer to when banning a poster, not just "I'm banning you because you destroyed me with a witty riposte".

I read vile content from certain individuals (@JMDP mentioned most of them a few pages back) on a daily basis and it seems to go unchecked. 

The aforementioned Jimmy was a very good and fair contributor to this website IIRC.

No wonder the 'traffic' on this forum is down significantly in recent years!

It's a forum, anyone can turn it off. They don't have folk standing outside their house telling them to f**k off. 
It's a bit odd this one, and probably not for this thread but that's true of the entire internet, yet I dont think anyone would be dismissive of the fact that bullying and indeed more sinister stuff occurs online.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a bit odd this one, and probably not for this thread but that's true of the entire internet, yet I dont think anyone would be dismissive of the fact that bullying and indeed more sinister stuff occurs online.

Of course it does, that's why there are mods. But JTS flouncing off in a huff because a lot of people didn't like his posts doesn't equate to bullying. I don't think there's anything sinister going on here and if folk don't like being ridiculed for their views then maybe an open national forum isn't the best place for them to put them. 

Far be it from me to agree with Monkey Tennis and the Fence Sitter, but there are piles on on here regularly.

For example, I've objectively had a phenomenal year on P&B. Banger after banger across a good few threads. But the rep is still red overall. I'm making headway but still have Haters.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Did Ali actually post something ban worthy ? Or is this just another example of the anti #perthshire bias on p&b ? Sadly the last acceptable form of bigotry smh.

Something racist. 

In fairness he went off on a multi-post tirade at himself afterwards.

Spoiler

Probably.

Edited by 8MileBU

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a forum, anyone can turn it off. They don't have folk standing outside their house telling them to f**k off. 

That's quite the most boneheaded, infantile argument.

People might want to come on, argue about stuff, but not get rounded on with aggression and abuse.  Is that unreasonable?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's quite the most boneheaded, infantile argument.

People might want to come on, argue about stuff, but not get rounded on with aggression and abuse.  Is that unreasonable?

I think the question would be where is the line between a counter-argument and/or banter, versus abuse. People will have different thresholds. I completely agree with you that there comes a point that it's too much. Where the line is would be subjective on a person to person basis.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Of course it does, that's why there are mods. But JTS flouncing off in a huff because a lot of people didn't like his posts doesn't equate to bullying. I don't think there's anything sinister going on here and if folk don't like being ridiculed for their views then maybe an open national forum isn't the best place for them to put them. 

Not saying he was bullied although tbf I dont know enough about it, wasnt involved in his apparent "performance" over the Hearts issue. 

I personally think that, for all it maybe lacks in magnitude, following a particular poster about the place dotting them for example, is a bit snide and unnecessary. Aye it can easily be belittled in isolation, in a conversation  like this, but for the most part we dont know the effects our actions have on others so stuff like that is really best avoided IMO. My own actions over my time on P&B havent always been exemplary. Lockdown made me review that. 

Just dont think it should be dismissed. Who are we to judge what websites or forums folk deem important to them

On 26/08/2020 at 14:20, Bairnardo said:
On 26/08/2020 at 14:14, NewBornBairn said:
Away bile yer heid n' mhak soup. 

You should be placing that particular mewling arsehole on ignore m8.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

dotting them for example, is a bit snide and unnecessary. Aye it can easily be belittled in isolation, in a conversation  like this, but for the most part we dont know the effects our actions have on others so stuff like that is really best avoided IMO.

Coloured circles are snide and unnecessary but outright abuse is cool.