Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

When you come onto the forum, see you have 20 odd notifications so think you're popular, only to be met by this:

Screenshot_20200927-204114_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6bb152c0cf4bf41042db3feadcb3ba6.jpg

If anyone needs me I'll be on the group chat. 😞 xo

Why, in the name of f**k, would any sensible fitba fan want to stray on to that thread? 

9 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Why, in the name of f**k, would any sensible fitba fan want to stray on to that thread? 

Bit more specificity might help, there.

10 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The coronavirus thread? That thread is crammed full with some of the greatest minds on the internet.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Bit more specificity might help, there.

Be very specific.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

Granny danger not getting nearly enough of a hard time for that incredibly worrying comment about wanting to monitor teenage freshers inside their university digs. If this was 2016 he’d have been hounded off the forum by now.

25 minutes ago, throbber said:

Granny danger not getting nearly enough of a hard time for that incredibly worrying comment about wanting to monitor teenage freshers inside their university digs. If this was 2016 he’d have been hounded off the forum by now.

Big fan of folk being called out for that stuff and instead of thinking "oh Christ what must my posting history be like for people to think I'm serious about this" lashing out with some "you fucking morons can't take a joke" bombs

54 minutes ago, throbber said:

tbf, he did specifically say fake cameras (ie. nothing but a scare tactic that couldn’t film anything).  Bit of an OTT reaction imo.

eta: not that I would condone such reckless behaviour.

Edited by Hedgecutter

58 minutes ago, throbber said:

Granny danger not getting nearly enough of a hard time for that incredibly worrying comment about wanting to monitor teenage freshers inside their university digs. 

It's not surprising in the slightest, all things considered. 

38 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Here is a list of people that evidently agree with putting cameras in 17 year olds accommodation without their consent. Very worrying. 

BE0E50BC-8CAA-4C91-9076-6C57549CC394.jpeg

I believe that's the reaction list to the explainer post....

Young Dumb and Living Off Mum was pinnacle BBC 3, Granny D's lockdown version would have been excellent had it been opt in and for over 18s

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's not surprising in the slightest, all things considered. 

Exactly - but in his true style he’ll go crying to the mods about it and we will be the ones who get punished if we ever bring it up. 

it wasn’t that long ago I was a vulnerable adult living away from home for the first time and if I was told all activities inside my room were being monitored it would have robbed me of some of the best wanks I ever had.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Here is a list of people that evidently agree with putting cameras in 17 year olds accommodation without their consent. Very worrying. 

Are you are not very bright or a vindictive narcissist?

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Big fan of folk being called out for that stuff and instead of thinking "oh Christ what must my posting history be like for people to think I'm serious about this" lashing out with some "you fucking morons can't take a joke" bombs

All it needed was a "well, I'm actually just on my way to the beach" on the end.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Maybe, just maybe, it was the fact that

a.) He said they would be told, so it's hardly sinister.

b.) It was clearly a comment on the yoof's obsession with "reality TV".

Just because Marshmallo was too thick to see this, doesn't mean GD's comment was anything other than a dig at modern culture. You're better than this, Throbber.

35 minutes ago, throbber said:

Exactly - but in his true style he’ll go crying to the mods about it and we will be the ones who get punished if we ever bring it up. 

it wasn’t that long ago I was a vulnerable adult living away from home for the first time and if I was told all activities inside my room were being monitored it would have robbed me of some of the best wanks I ever had.

Forgive me for being the one to interrupt a good old fashioned pile on but he did say a fake camera, so didn't actually say record anything.

He may go moaning to the mods but if you actually criticise the content of his posts rather than what wasn't said then he won't have any recourse. If of course a smack from the mods is such big deal anyway.