Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Just now, JTS98 said:

Why did you edit out the next part of my post where I explained what I thought?

If my own friends and family (on Facebook) were downvoting what I said, or my university peers were downvoting comments I made, then I think it’s more personal than a red dot on an anonymous forum. People create caricatures on here and I imagine a lot of people are totally different on P&B as to how they are in real life. So that’s where the difference arises for me. 

Just now, JTS98 said:

Well, yes.

People seem to be surprised that they get red dotted by a person who gets red dotted by loads of other people.

This is an entirely predictable consequence. And the spiral works because they all keep red-dotting him etc etc.

For a site of posters with largely very good awareness and sympathy of mental health issues, the rush to dismiss any impact of social interactions because they are online (where a huge % of such interactions are these days) is outright weird to me. 

People get obsessed/addicted to things. It's not as simple as telling  a person worried about what is being said (via words or rep systems) just not to look. Their anxiety could force them to look. I'm not an expert but the dismissal of online impact on mental health here is staggering

If its that much of an issue to him, he can always log out and delete his account for his own benefit. Also, despite the app being shite, i use this primarily and the only votes you see are upvotes so he can avoid all the notifications of reddies on that.

If he decides to do neither of these and continues to try and point score in regards to racism and child abuse, he deserves all the grief he gets

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

If its that much of an issue to him, he can always log out and delete his account for his own benefit.

I suggested this last night but unless I'm just missing it that post has been culled by the mods for absolutely no reason.

Nobody is forcing people to log in to a football forum on the Internet; by the same token, it isn't there to act as a professional support line. Instead it's like going to a busy local pub where you can expect to take and receive pelters - if you don't like it then you're free to leave anytime. 

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For a site of posters with largely very good awareness and sympathy of mental health issues, the rush to dismiss any impact of social interactions because they are online (where a huge % of such interactions are these days) is outright weird to me. 

People get obsessed/addicted to things. It's not as simple as telling  a person worried about what is being said (via words or rep systems) just not to look. Their anxiety could force them to look. I'm not an expert but the dismissal of online impact on mental health here is staggering

If you’re ‘obsessed’ with or ‘addicted’ to Pie and Bovril, then I’d suggest your problems run far deeper than receiving a few red dots. Professional help would be recommended to avoid the further anguish that the red dots may have.

In the name of the wee man. 

I've been struggling with things lately on here and in real life and lost it a bit, no ones to blame ffs, it's just life.

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I just downvoted a post by @Marshmallo because in my opinion it was a terrible post. I hope, and I know, that he will take it like the feedback it was intended to be and hopefully he betters himself in future. 

I like Marshmallo, but you just can’t discriminate when it comes to dots on this forum. 

What's your fucking problem

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My bairn’s school uses the Dojo system where you get points for doing good stuff. If you f**k up, you lose points.  

Juat wonder if this constitutes bullying on the teachers part.

I was always on some kind of behaviour dotting system at school, didn't give a f**k then, still don't.

giphy.gif

Edited by welshbairn

57 minutes ago, virginton said:

Instead it's like going to a busy local pub 

Not really, you'd get asked for proof of age and launched out the door, before spouting the shite.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

6 minutes ago, keithgy said:

If this shite continues them more will be gone by the end of the night,one poster has been banned tonight and more will follow i bet.

Who was banned? Hoping it wasn't me