Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

1) That's none of your business.

2) I'm not making him out to be anything. I'm asking people why they enjoy being part of a gang that picks on one poster. I've repeatedly said that he is not the issue, but people seem to want to ignore that.

Name and shame time imo.

Edited by welshbairn

Guest JTS98

I just had a quick check.

It's about an hour or so since I first posted about this issue. In that time at least twelve posters have replied to disagree with me or disliked posts on the issue.

There are others who have commented but not to me directly so I won't be counting them.

That's 12 people who object to posts basically saying you shouldn't bully another poster.

ETA: Make that 14.

ETA: Make that 16.

16 posters in around an hour object to being asked to not bully another poster. It's really quite staggering. This level of pushback you'd think I'd advocated closing all part-time clubs or something.

People really seem to want to be allowed to gang up on someone.

Edited by JTS98

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

You slurred your character with your 1960s football coach-style reply a couple of posts ago.

You basically said he should man up. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Why are you so keen to not be criticised for bullying someone? Nobody has answered this yet.

Please show examples of this bullying. 

Please do not use screenshots of Bennett saying, "I'm being bullied" as evidence - people lie. 

Please also explain why if it could be detrimental to Bennett's mental health to receive red dots, why it is ok for him to dish them out. 

Guest JTS98
20 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Please show examples of this bullying. 

Please do not use screenshots of Bennett saying, "I'm being bullied" as evidence - people lie. 

Please also explain why if it could be detrimental to Bennett's mental health to receive red dots, why it is ok for him to dish them out. 

You ignored my post on this before.

It's quite clearly worse to be repeatedly picked on by lots of other people than it is to be part of a group of people who are picked on by one person, who you all pick on anyway.

I think that's quite clear. Are you saying you don't understand that?

Edited by JTS98

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I just had a quick check.

It's about an hour or so since I first posted about this issue. In that time at least twelve posters have replied to disagree with me or disliked posts on the issue.

There are others who have commented but not to me directly so I won't be counting them.

That's 12 people who object to posts basically saying you shouldn't bully another poster.

You're at it now. 

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Name and shame time imo.

Well, there are 14 posters who have already registered an objection to me saying folk should leave Bennet alone.

Guest JTS98
10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

It's quite clearly worse to be repeatedly picked on by lots of other people than it is to be part of a group of people who are picked on by one person, who you all pick on anyway.

@Dee Man Giving this a swerve for the second time?

Edited by JTS98

38 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I've said from the start that I don't know or want to know the whole story and that it's irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Well, there are 14 posters who have already registered an objection to me saying folk should leave Bennet alone.

So you think I've been bullying Bennett because I don't think you know what you're talking about, and that this is all virtue signalling on your part to try and win an argument. As far as I'm aware I don't think I've ever red dotted him. It's not a hobby of mine but Bennett seems well into it.

Edited by welshbairn

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So you think I've been bullying Bennett because I don't think you know what you're talking about, and that this is all virtue signalling on your part to try and win an argument. 

I don't think it's virtue signalling. I don't really think it's an argument.

Lots of people bullying another person is shite. People seem to object to this being pointed out.

It's an internet forum. People hide behind fake names and fake pictures. We all do. And some people seem to enjoy being part of a group and rounding on one person. Probably gives them a wee self-esteem boost.

It's really shite though, and I find it amazing how many people seem to be cool with it. Not just cool with it, but aggressively arguing that it's ok.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I hope you didn't get the wrong dug because of it.

I'm going to get a Dogo Argentino and set it on this pretentious c**t. 

Guest JTS98
19 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

@Dee Man Third time lucky?

I've been on the receiving end of a red circle campaign by Bennett, on and off for some time now.  My crime was merely highlighting how monumentally stupid he was.

I've since put him on ignore, resulting in an exponential increase in the overall enjoyment of my forum experience. Thanks to whoever first suggested this tactic.

I think bullying is an interesting topic.  It'd be interesting to see a chart of the mentions of bullying in the media over the last few decades, you can bet it's shot up in the last ten years.  It's now common to hear complaints about bullying in environments that you'd never have imagined years ago - the Speaker of the House of Commons has been accused of bullying people, there are currently enquiries ongoing about bullying in the armed forces.  Up until not so long ago bullying was something that happened at school and, at least when I was in school, was something that was physical, it was about commiting physical harm to someone else.  We were told that name calling was wrong but it wasn't called bullying, that was violence or physical intimidation.

In the past the traditional way that bullies would get their comupance in movies and stories would be to be laid out by the long suffering bully - a classic example being Marty's dad knocking out his bully in the original Back To The Future movie.  I don't advocate violence but maybe that's a more direct, natural and satisfying response than filing a complaint with HR or referring things to your guidance teacher.  In conclusion then, bennet should fight Day of the Lords.

10 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't think it's virtue signalling. I don't really think it's an argument.

Lots of people bullying another person is shite. People seem to object to this being pointed out.

It's an internet forum. People hide behind fake names and fake pictures. We all do. And some people seem to enjoy being part of a group and rounding on one person. Probably gives them a wee self-esteem boost.

It's really shite though, and I find it amazing how many people seem to be cool with it. Not just cool with it, but aggressively arguing that it's ok.

i just think you've fundamentally misunderstood the dynamic of the dotting community on here. To an outsider like me it's all very weird, but I wouldn't assume to judge. Bennett is an enthusiastic member, and plays by his own rules and alliances. He is not alone.