Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The c**t’s tone man. ‘You clearly just aren’t capable of understanding the issue like I do’.

To be honest, if you can't understand the impact on a person of repeatedly being red-dotted by complete strangers every day, then you don't understand the issue. That's an absolutely correct thing to say.

Like I said, it's interesting how many people are keen to stick up for their right to be horrible to another person. Especially when they know that lots of other people are doing so at the same time.

Why do you enjoy that?

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Aye, you're right. He should just be a real man. Like you.

Can you see the irony in the last two words when you consider all the drivel you've just posted over the last 2 pages? 

Didn't take long for you to start slipping down that moral high ground. 

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

To be honest, if you can't understand the impact on a person of repeatedly being red-dotted by complete strangers every day, then you don't understand the issue. That's an absolutely correct thing to say.

Like I said, it's interesting how many people are keen to stick up for their right to be horrible to another person. Especially when they know that lots of other people are doing so at the same time.

Why do you enjoy that?

Terrible for Bennett to be red dotted. 

Not terrible for Bennett to red dot. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Can you see the irony in the last two words when you consider all the drivel you've just posted over the last 2 pages? 

Didn't take long for you to start slipping down that moral high ground. 

No. I stand by it.

You're implying that one could only suffer from being rounded on by a gang of strangers if they were weak. You made a straight up implication in your post that you are a strong person who deals with this and he should be too.

That's a ludicrous thing to say knowing what we know in the twenty-first century.

I bet you put money into the mental health box when it's passed around at work etc. That makes it all fine.

22 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’ve turned it around and it’s equally laughable. I’d be interested to read the research performed surrounding anonymous football forums and negative reputation marks. 

Do you want to see the one I wrote?

Guest JTS98

Terrible for Bennett to be red dotted. 

Not terrible for Bennett to red dot. 

Ok.

Let's imagine there's a kid at school who calls other kid a p***k all the time. But 100 other kids call him a p***k every day.

How would you deal with that situation?

Or if you worked in an office where one of the people there was being told he was stupid every day by loads of other people and fought back by calling other people stupid.

Who would suffer the most in those situations?

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Even Bennett must be cringing at this pish.

I'd lay odds he's laughing his head off.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

No. I stand by it.

You're implying that one could only suffer from being rounded on by a gang of strangers if they were weak. You made a straight up implication in your post that you are a strong person who deals with this and he should be too.

That's a ludicrous thing to say knowing what we know in the twenty-first century.

I bet you put money into the mental health box when it's passed around at work etc. That makes it all fine.

And yet more slurs on my character. 

Are you going to continue preaching all night whilst simultaneously undermining your holier than thou tone or is it just for a wee while?

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why do you enjoy that?

Firstly you’ll have to point out where I’ve ever taken part of any ‘bullying’ of Bennett. Frankly I couldn’t be bothered to make any form of conscious effort to either red dot bennett or reply to his posts. Secondly please send me the ‘reputation mark on an anonymous football forum’ research. 

At the end of the day I’ll always fight for the right for the posters of Pie and Bovril to use their red dots as they see fit. Freedom of expression is important. 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'd lay odds he's laughing his head off.

Maybe he is. I'd be fine with that.

I hope he is, actually.

Maybe he isn't.

Bennet isn't the point in all this. It's the, frankly quite worrying, number of people who seem to think behaving like this is ok and take serious umbrage at the suggestion that it isn't. The level of push-back at a suggestion that bullying isn't ok is remarkable.

Guest JTS98

And yet more slurs on my character. 

Are you going to continue preaching all night whilst simultaneously undermining your holier than thou tone or is it just for a wee while?

You slurred your character with your 1960s football coach-style reply a couple of posts ago.

You basically said he should man up. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Why are you so keen to not be criticised for bullying someone? Nobody has answered this yet.

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

As far as red dots/squares go, I was trying to post about dugs today and couldn't get typing because I was getting continuous black notification bars across my screen and had to wait on Bennett finishing his dotting spree, the c**t. You have no idea of the trauma that caused me. 

I hope you didn't get the wrong dug because of it.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Bennet isn't the point in all this.

Correct. But you're making him out to be. Did you have a word with him, ask how he was getting on before setting out on this righteous crusade?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

1) Firstly you’ll have to point out where I’ve ever taken part of any ‘bullying’ of Bennett. Frankly I couldn’t be bothered to make any form of conscious effort to either red dot bennett or reply to his posts. 2) Secondly please send me the ‘reputation mark on an anonymous football forum’ research. 

At the end of the day I’ll always fight for the right for the posters of Pie and Bovril to use their red dots as they see fit. Freedom of expression is important. 

1) Apologies if you don't. You reply like you do, and you certainly seem to condone it.

2) There's a multitude of research out there about this stuff. Get Googling. Although I feel you're trying to dodge the issue by seemingly asking for a study based around P&B itself.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

2) Correct. But you're making him out to be. 1) Did you have a word with him, ask how he was getting on before setting out on this righteous crusade?

1) That's none of your business.

2) I'm not making him out to be anything. I'm asking people why they enjoy being part of a gang that picks on one poster. I've repeatedly said that he is not the issue, but people seem to want to ignore that.