Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Should have just done an 8mile and brass necked it for the rest of time.

It's rare I use a 'rep point' on a green these days but I had to there. Couldny mark it with a blowtorch ma man!

45 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

He questioned why it was ok to be called a c**t for being a Tory but if the same happened to someone for being black or being catholic there would be uproar. 

He then realised this was not an OK thing to say, and subsequently asked for his account to be deleted instead of fronting it out and offering an apology. 

Odd behaviour.

I think he was trying to make a reasonable point which he executed terribly. There really was no need for him to have his account deleted, he wasn’t even getting that much of a hard time over it.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We might slag these posters but they're the bedrock of this, and any, forum. The worst thing for posting is when people concede an inch.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Our moral guardian ali 91 apparently decides what is and isn't acceptable for everyone. 

Evidently Moomin agreed given he was ashamed enough by what he said to ask for his account to be taken off him.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Can’t believe you’re puckering your and kissing the trolls buttocks brother. 😞

Spoiler

Actually I can. It’s your raison d'etre baby! 

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

We might slag these posters but they're the bedrock of this, and any, forum. The worst thing for posting is when people concede an inch.

Evidently Moomin agreed given he was ashamed enough by what he said to ask for his account to be taken off him.

He's a sensitive chap, took it all to heart.

Many visitors pop by the Moominhouse, and Moomintroll is always happy when he’s spending time with his friends. He has great faith in his friends and gets worried if one of them is unhappy. Moomintroll is very sensitive himself"

Our moral guardian ali 91 apparently decides what is and isn't acceptable for everyone. 

ali_91 is a top lad who regularly calls out bigotry in its many forms, be it racism, homophobia, sectarianism or any one of the other vile examples that blight our society today.

I can think of no better man to provide a moralistic guiding light through these dark times

I miss Moomintroll's apologies, he doesn't seem to be remotely interested in politics or social issues outside the world of wholesale supermarkets, but just feels occasionally the need to join in the chat, which can go horribly wrong. Hope he returns soon.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Can only agree vigorously with this. The magees of this world can post with no shame, a single (egregious) instance of complete tone-deafness shouldn't be the end.

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Dots are still the greatest thing that have happened to this website. The amount of yer das absolutely seething at a few red dots is excellent value. 

When did they get introduced?  I can remember when they introduced the facility to see who had dotted you but can't recall when they brought in dots.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

When did they get introduced?  I can remember when they introduced the facility to see who had dotted you but can't recall when they brought in dots.

I don't know. When I first joined there definitely wasn't the facility. 

A good use of a dot is a thing of beauty tbh. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Nothing on a football forum is a "battle". It says a lot about your psyche if that's the terminology you turn to.

Pie and Bovril is just fun to me. Sure we all enjoy and value our time on here but it's more of a laugh than anything else. Talk of "battles" is over the score.

Both you and Rab loved chasing posters around the board dishing out red cards to be fair. If the entire forum was reduced to this it would be pretty crap viewing

When it comes to posters making an arse of themselves, you may as well just brass neck it; it is only the Internet after all. 

The real issue is with the serial brass neckers. These guys are obviously too simple to be acting up to a character they're mimicking or have created and so the things they post, at least in part, are an extension of their real-life selfs.

A genuinely chilling thought.

I just assumed Moomintroll was already on his second account, at least. He seemed like he'd been about the forum for a while.

Possibly the most likeable Tory poster. It's either him or Knightswood Bear.

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

When it comes to posters making an arse of themselves, you may as well just brass neck it; it is only the Internet after all. 

Good post, young Baz, as usual.  You've described my approach perfectly.

On 13/04/2020 at 18:43, philpy said:

Gaz and granny danger on the covid19 thread. Ooft emoji23.png

I'm astonished you've stopped twitching your curtains long enough to notice, well, anything, to be honest.