Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Just now, Dele said:

Really? 

He's always been a bit unhinged, IMO. 

True, but gone fishing seemed to be the one that had lost the plot in that exchange until that.

38 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

At no point in that discourse did I think it'd be SRW that'd be heading for a ban, then he writes that. Wow.

Thought it was the Y**K word that he got banned for first, which would be a bit worrying for me.. :bag

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it was the Y**K word that he got banned for first, which would be a bit worrying for me.. :bag

Aye, you're probably getting carried away with all the nursey pictures on the Covid thread...

Spoiler

7c0c0cd553bf044442f5fa6a2da0ba4b.thumb.png.487814014cfa66de13d2fdc11c8ac21c.png

10 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Just an idle thought but imagine the reaction if a poster came on here and said that all Catholics or black people were utter scum & horrible people. Discuss.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Coincidentally two groups of people the Conservatives spent a long time persecuting in this country.

I'd love to read your thoughts* on Tory persecution of Catholics since, as we all know, the Tories were successors to the Cavaliers, were staunch supporters of the Stewart dynasty and were the party of the Jacobites - mostly high Anglicans and Catholics. 

The Tory, Lord North, introduced a relief act for Catholics at the end of the 18th C.  Following that, 1829 was a big year (deservedly) for Catholic Emancipation and it was Tories, as you'd expect, in the van.  Robert Peel led a repeal of the Test Acts in 1829 and everyone's big friend, The Duke of Wellington, steered the Roman Catholic Relief Act through parliament.

Support for our big pal William of Orange was (mainly but not exclusively) from the Whigs and they came to dominate William's early government and the bill of rights of 1689 was largely a Whiggish construct and pushed through parliament by the Marquess of Halifax, the Kenny Miller of his day, who had played for both sides.

Edited by The_Kincardine

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd love to read your thoughts* on Tory persecution of Catholics since, as we all know, the Tories were successors to the Cavaliers, were staunch supporters of the Stewart dynasty and were the party of the Jacobites - mostly high Anglicans and Catholics. 

The Tory, Lord North, introduced a relief act for Catholics at the end of the 18th C.  Following that, 1829 was a big year (deservedly) for Catholic Emancipation and it was Tories, as you'd expect, in the van.  Robert Peel led a repeal of the Test Acts in 1829 and everyone's big friend, The Duke of Wellington, steered the Roman Catholic Relief Act through parliament.

Support for our big pal William of Orange was (mainly but not exclusively) from the Whigs and they came to dominate William's early government and the bill of rights of 1689 was largely a Whiggish construct.

05F37256-EB6C-4630-9940-FA37FA955275.gif

Support for our big pal William of Orange was (mainly but not exclusively) from the Whigs and they came to dominate William's early government and the bill of rights of 1689 was largely a Whiggish construct.

EVIDENCE PLEASE

1 hour ago, philpy said:
2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

EVIDENCE PLEASE

That's an incredible irony coming from you in This Very Thread given your lies yesterday 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

^^^^^^^^^ utterly fullae it

Have another go, chap.  Note too that, unlike many others, I'm giving you a chance rather than writing you off as a fuckwit.  So.  What lies were those, mate?  Pretty sure I didn't post on, "This Very Thread" yesterday.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Have another go, chap.  Note too that, unlike many others, I'm giving you a chance rather than writing you off as a fuckwit.  So.  What lies were those, mate?  Pretty sure I didn't post on, "This Very Thread" yesterday.

I was quoting the person who quoted you

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I was quoting the person who quoted you

So that's why you quoted me and left your usual calling card?

No wonder I seldom leave the confines of the Glesga Sevco threads.  The posters on here are utterly insane.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

So that's why you quoted me and left your usual calling card?

No wonder I seldom leave the confines of the Glesga Sevco threads.  The posters on here are utterly insane.

This is the most blootered you've been on here in a while?

Just now, Zuma said:

The Kincardine would have been the perfect man to take over from James Traynor as Sevco's PM man.    

The perfect fit.  

In fairness I believe there are technical difficulties with the quote function on certain older models 

3 minutes ago, Zuma said:

The Kincardine would have been the perfect man to take over from James Traynor as Sevco's PM man.    

The perfect fit.  

Not my style, matey.  I know there's a PM gang or three on P&B but I use mine, almost exclusively, for billet doux with the other members of the quiz thread.

Oh maybe you meant 'PR'?  One just never kens with the diddies these days.