Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

To be honest, if you don’t want stuff like that brought back up at you, don’t post it. Quite simple. I don’t fancy I’d ever make a post in the future about my health or personal or family life or whatever. Not exactly keen on a bunch of saddos online knowing anything about that.

What a c**t.

‘Women who get raped when they’re wearing short skirts are asking for it’ type post.

What a c**t.
‘Women who get raped when they’re wearing short skirts are asking for it’ type post.

one of the worst things about being relegated to the seaside leagues is posters like him, the league one forums are absolutely riddled with backward rogues

What a c**t.

Not really. I just think some people really do overshare on this forum tbh and if trolls pick up on that then it’s the internet and open to all, it shouldn’t be a surprise. I’m not saying it’s in any way acceptable.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

To be honest, if you don’t want stuff like that brought back up at you, don’t post it. Quite simple. I don’t fancy I’d ever make a post in the future about my health or personal or family life or whatever. Not exactly keen on a bunch of saddos online knowing anything about that.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not really. I just think some people really do overshare on this forum tbh and if trolls pick up on that then it’s the internet and open to all, it shouldn’t be a surprise. I’m not saying it’s in any way acceptable.

This is the dictionary definition of victim blaming. It makes you sound like a cretin, tbh. Piers Morgen, Katie Hopkins esque.

If anyone can take comfort by sharing their issues in here then it's surely a good thing? I've seen posts by people at their lowest points in here and I've seen people brought back from the brink by other posters. Belittling it and judging people for sharing their problems is frankly shite and makes you come across as an utter c**t.

This is the dictionary definition of victim blaming. It makes you sound like a cretin, tbh. Piers Morgen, Katie Hopkins esque.

I think you’re exaggerating a little bit here to be honest, like Honest man, I’m not blaming rape victims and I’m not even close in my views on society to those two above. I’m just more than a bit surprised sometimes at the amount and kind of information some people share on what is a public forum, open to all where people aren’t alway anonymous. Yes, saying do not post anything like that if you don’t want somebody jumping on it is a simplistic view and clearly I’m not with the majority here.

20 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The trolls should be the ones held to account for using such posts as a line of abuse, not blaming the original poster for sharing it. Basic stuff here, and as clear an example of victim blaming as you’ll see.

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

If anyone can take comfort by sharing their issues in here then it's surely a good thing? I've seen posts by people at their lowest points in here and I've seen people brought back from the brink by other posters. Belittling it and judging people for sharing their problems is frankly shite and makes you come across as an utter c**t.

The depression thread has been a safe haven for many and is frequented by people going through the same as each other. I don't find it easy being particularly open on a platform like this but fair play to those who do. You only need to read the thread to see the positive impact it has. That alone has been helpful for me, seeing the connection between everyone knowing each other's struggles.

Long may it continue. 

There are obviously people who genuinely know each other on here, but to an extent the anonymity can be a good thing as much as a bad thing.

For every troll who will have a dig they wouldn't in person, there is also the person who is able to share difficult feelings or experiences that they may not be able to in "real life". Anything posted in the depression or parenting threads should be totally off limits.

On 09/01/2020 at 12:39, Dele said:

I posted about struggling mentally after losing a kid and the coke was something I was rattling to take my mind off of things. He's posted before telling me to 'get back on it' during one of my sober attempts. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I have to say that as it is my problems and I'll sort my shit out. Its just fucking weird that he'd bring it up alongside half and half scarfs and "never been to a foreign game". 

That's bad to hear mate.Mind there's that depression thread.

Apologise if we had 'beef' in the past.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Always great when a tedious bore, with almost 7,000 posts on an internet football forum, starts talking about "saddos online".

You are right though; if you hadn't shared the fact you're an absolute weapon then you wouldn't be getting slated by everyone.

Always great when a tedious bore, with almost 7,000 posts on an internet football forum, starts talking about "saddos online".
You are right though; if you hadn't shared the fact you're an absolute weapon then you wouldn't be getting slated by everyone.
Its always good when folk come on here and try to act as if they are too cool to give a f**k what is said on here etc etc.

I think its pretty much a given that if you post here regularly then you clearly care at least a wee bit.

Posting the details difficult or tragic circumstances to a bunch of strangers on the Internet strikes me as unwise but each to their own: the frothing mess that people then turn into if some sad dotting war carries over to said posts is truly bizarre behaviour though. You'd think you'd have a wee bit higher priorities than rummaging through your old posts to check how many green or red dots they got and 'calling out' those who dished out red dots but here we are.

The forum as a whole seems to be heading towards a Liverpool-esque theme of faux outrage at every turn, which makes most of GN unreadable garbage at the moment. 

Edited by vikingTON

I feel dreadful for Dele for his loss and hope he manages to battle any addictions he’s used to try and get over an undoubtedly traumatic experience. I don’t think anything else should be the response when someone posts such things.
He’s a genuinely good guy, imo, who’s listened to my shite (via pm) often enough, and I hope he knows I’m here to do the same. There’s my tuppence worth.

I feel dreadful for Dele for his loss and hope he manages to battle any addictions he’s used to try and get over an undoubtedly traumatic experience. I don’t think anything else should be the response when someone posts such things.

He’s a genuinely good guy, imo, who’s listened to my shite (via pm) often enough, and I hope he knows I’m here to do the same. There’s my tuppence worth.

You’d think huh...

Some of the hurting oddballs and cretins off here can’t even keep it to P&B and will use it as a stick to beat the poster and non-PnB strangers with elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You’d think huh...

Some of the hurting oddballs and cretins off here can’t even keep it to P&B and will use it as a stick to beat the poster and non-PnB strangers with elsewhere.

Did you not call someone's work and try and get them sacked?