Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

6 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I thought his boss laughed it off?  He actually got a warning about all this?  That's utterly disgraceful. 

His boss may well have laughed it off but this episode is a terrible look from a professional position at work I'm not sure too many people on here realise this.

Edited by Kool Keith

I've had 3 PMs about dots in my time here - all 3 of which were from posters I don't think are on here anymore. 

Two were from a poster whose identity I'll keep secret by labelling 'Audaciously Fortunate Juventus' - one thanking me for positive rep and one querying why I downvoted an inoffensive but lengthy and boring post. The other was from the Taxman apologising for downvoting by accident. 

Each time I felt a bit strange that the posters in question cared enough or thought I cared enough. 

I've also been pretty concerned about giving too much away ever since people went to the trouble of finding Magee's picture when he posted his gas fitter's ID number or whatever. 

I used to work at Prudential, they were fairly lax about their internet usage but one day all of a sudden P&B was blocked.

At the time, though, a prominent poster on here worked in IT at Pru. A swift e-mail to him and access was restored. Magnificent..

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

He did at the time but he got a talking to afterwards and taking down the account was the best option. I think he should have his posts greenies to f**k so he goes down as the best contributor of all time, he's only 500 or so behind Mozza.

Not bothered by dots though?

1 minute ago, The OP said:

I've also been pretty concerned about giving too much away ever since people went to the trouble of finding Magee's picture when he posted his gas fitter's ID number or whatever. 

I thought that was the most out of order episode till this one. I think it was just after I joined so probably didn't make an issue of it.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

He did at the time but he got a talking to afterwards and taking down the account was the best option. I think he should have his posts greenies to f**k so he goes down as the best contributor of all time, he's only 500 or so behind Mozza.

It's bad news.

6 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

His boss may well have laughed it off but his episode is a terrible look from a professional position at work I'm not sure too many people on her realise this.

Aye the ba's burst here.  Bit of a wake up call.

Edited by TheCelt67

It's been such a crazy weekend of events that I'm half guessing this was all a master plan by a few key players to get rid of 8Mile and Grimbo. Bobby will no doubt return to the forum in the next day or so. It's been as entertaining as the Usual suspects and Bobby is Keyser Soze, imo.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Ronald Hammock :lol::lol::lol:

Fair play. Tremendous.

Ronald Hammock... Captain Hammock. Who had Captain Hammock as their avatar? Njord or something? Did he used to be Wunfelaff?

Ronald Hammock. Ronald. Ron... Ronkers. Ron Burgundy. What happened to him?

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

If he cancelled his log-in would it remove his posting history? Maybe a (self motivated) ban is the only way to remove the posts from public record as such

All the times somebody quoted him will still be there. Div should sort out a fix for that if he can, it's annoying when you put someone on ignore too.