Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
8 minutes ago, sjc said:
No it doesn't. My daughter is called a "hafu" (the equivalent of "half cast" in Japan) on a daily basis by sweet, well meaning elderly people. There's no offence taken because there was none intended.

Can't they just call her by her name ? Why would they mentioned the word hafu?

They're complete strangers. They don't know her name. She gets a lot of positive attention because she looks different.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You could murder a black man and be exonerated on the grounds of your family situation. Are you comfortable with that sort of power?

I thought that was just "white privilege"?!

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

How does the conversation go ? Could you get away with it over here ?
They are still being racist .

They usually say "aw kawai" which means "aw cute" then ask if she's "hafu". My wife gets asked the same when she's out with her without me.

I'd have to want to be offended as there's certainly none intended.

Just now, ali_91 said:

That’s all well and good, maybe the word hafu isn’t racist in japan, if you called someone a half cast in Scotland you’d be being racist. So that’s a terrible example. 

In modern day Japan it is deemed racist.

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

That’s all well and good, maybe the word hafu isn’t racist in japan, if you called someone a half cast in Scotland you’d be being racist. So that’s a terrible example. 

Another swing and a miss from you, as that wasn’t my words. Calling people out on racist language isn’t ‘trying to start arguments about racism.’ 

Don't bring context into this.

They usually say "aw kawai" which means "aw cute" then ask if she's "hafu". My wife gets asked the same when she's out with her without me.
So they should just stick with aw kawai and then maybe asking what her name is rather than being racist. :-(

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

So they should just stick with aw kawai and then maybe asking what her name is rather than being racist. 😞

Then how would they find out if her mum was Japanese......... before telling me to f**k off back to my own Country?!

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
14 minutes ago, sjc said:

So they should just stick with aw kawai and then maybe asking what her name is rather than being racist. 😞

Go over to Japan and raise awareness m8

4 minutes ago, sjc said:
Then how would they find out if her mum was Japanese......... before telling me to f**k off back to my own Country?!

Come on home mate. You dont need that in your life. ( dont go to Inverness however we found another racist )

Not sure if this is a whooosh tbh.....

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

In all this madness we've established that Japan is the most bigoted place on earth so it's been a productive day nonetheless.

Damn those octogenarians coming up an showering my daughter with praise and attention. Hell mend them for not using the politically correct terminology to describe her ethnicity!