Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

What size of radius from the stadium do you need to be within to be accepted as living there? How long do you have to have lived there, and how long since you’ve moved are you allowed to keep calling the team we? What if there are other local, smaller teams closer to where you live but you’ve chosen to support someone just a bit further (e.g. supporting Ayr rather than Troon Juniors if you live in Troon)? Can you call Ayr we?
Bit of a minefield this one!

Exactly. Why does anyone need to explain their reason for supporting a team?

I would say I’m a Spurs fan (albeit I don’t say ‘we’ when referring to them), but my reason for supporting them stems from a time where I wasn’t consciously aware of why I was following a club from another country, nor was I aware then that some c***s get their frillies in a right fucking twist if there’s no family or geographical affiliation etc with a club.

I also think it’s a waste of bandwidth having a debate that’ll go round in circles forever because there’s no right or wrong, and is already quite boring. Couple this with the fact that unless they’re a total scrote, nobody’s going to stop supporting, posting or calling their team ‘we’ just cos wee Bairnardo aff the Pie n Bovril doesn’t like it.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, your affiliation as "we" could be credible if you live there and are your local team.

I could pick Ipswich Town right now and go up and down to their games. Calling them "we" would never carry any credibility though.

Get yourself down to Naaarch and follow the Canaries 👍

1 minute ago, thisal said:

Are there really more Man U than Liverpool "supporters" in Scotland? Not been my experience. especially not on P&B. 

There certainly was a few years ago. Abruptly stopped when Fergie did. I am confident that wasn't why it stopped, though. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

“I support Man U because of fergie and what he did for Aberdeen”

Do you aye? When was the last time you attended Pittodrie, if ever?

Used to be lots and lots of these. Wonder where they’ve all gone. 

Glory hunting weirdo Rab B Nesbitt seems to have track of my "reputation" on here, replying to one of my posts in a football thread asking "where did you get all the reds, you have dropped by around 2500?"

This is genuinely disturbing. The man needs help.

He has since deleted the post.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

It's only seen the last few years where I've seen Rab chat about liverpool mainly, been here since 2011... wonder why didnt chat about them then....

I mean here we are again... said poster has been suspended for being a fanny. Takes good effort to be suspended/ banned from here

I was mainly just non league stuff until 2012 G Man. I’ve posted about Liverpool win draw or lose since. Through the Lolverpool threads, sick Hillsbrough jokes, final defeats, 6-1 defeat at Stoke, last day title losses ... through to the present day :)

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Glory hunting weirdo Rab B Nesbitt seems to have track of my "reputation" on here, replying to one of my posts in a football thread asking "where did you get all the reds, you have dropped by around 2500?"

This is genuinely disturbing. The man needs help.

He has since deleted the post.

Sorry mallow I realised it was the wrong thread to post in. You been giving yourself red dots now too ? 

44 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I also think it’s a waste of bandwidth having a debate that’ll go round in circles forever because there’s no right or wrong

Feel free to log off this online football forum and ask the mods to permanently delete your account then. That's this place's M.O. 

"I've been posting vicariously on behalf of my 'English team' through the highs and lows of, err, seven years, all while being one of the richest clubs in the sport" sets a new benchmark for self-pitying drivel btw - even for a Liverpool fan.  

I reckon you are only entitled to refer to your team as 'we' if you have financially supported them throughout your life by buying season tickets, merchandise or whatever.

If you are part of any sort of club you are required to pay your dues and are then entitled to refer to it as 'your' club. 

Only my opinion of course but anyone who disagrees is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I reckon you are only entitled to refer to your team as 'we' if you have financially supported them throughout your life by buying season tickets, merchandise or whatever.

If you are part of any sort of club you are required to pay your dues and are then entitled to refer to it as 'your' club. 

Only my opinion of course but anyone who disagrees is wrong. 

I’d agree with that.

42 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Why have you memorised the "reputation" score of someone on a football forum?

Just noticed mallow ? What’s happened you are dropping like a stone ? 

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

"I've been posting vicariously on behalf of my 'English team' through the highs and lows of, err, seven years, all while being one of the richest clubs in the sport" sets a new benchmark for self-pitying drivel btw - even for a Liverpool fan.  

Behave. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit