Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

I think a bit of proper match going info has helped hugely and we have evolved to a much better place. Thankfully the days of Sky Sports subscribers from the likes of Ayr, Falkirk and Aberdeen calling English clubs we and dreaming up all sorts are well behind us.

I’ve had quite a few messages of support to be fair I thought the one declaring I was the most influential poster in the history of this fine forum was a bit much but it was touching. 

There’s a few bashed egos throwing dots about in a rage but it’ll settle down and we can enjoy the proper discussion :)

5 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I think a bit of proper match going info has helped hugely and we have evolved to a much better place. Thankfully the days of Sky Sports subscribers from the likes of Ayr, Falkirk and Aberdeen calling English clubs we and dreaming up all sorts are well behind us.

I’ve had quite a few messages of support to be fair I thought the one declaring I was the most influential poster in the history of this fine forum was a bit much but it was touching. 

There’s a few bashed egos throwing dots about in a rage but it’ll settle down and we can enjoy the proper discussion :)

Have to admit, I love how much this still infuriates you. Don’t even have to post anymore to know it’s eating away at you. Delicious.

2 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

If only we had a site-wide poll on this subject.   

maybe you could combine it with a "Most Hated Scottish Player" thread. I know what, we could get a chancing Dundee poster to do it..

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone from Scotland who never goes to any games has as much credibility* in calling an English team "we" as someone from Scotland who goes to loads tbqh.

*Absolutely none in both cases, with absolutely no arguement about it. None.

Agree Bairny I don’t get this calling this watching a football club with involvement in any decisions and calling them we. 

Is Bairnardo saying that nobody is allowed to say we anymore?
Napoleon complex imo.
We are simply saying that referring to a team in a different country with whom you have chosen an artificial affiliation doesn't qualify as "we".

We recognise your attempt at a height joke though and congratulate you.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are simply saying that referring to a team in a different country with whom you have chosen an artificial affiliation doesn't qualify as "we".

We recognise your attempt at a height joke though and congratulate you.

What if someone was born somewhere then moved to another country? Are they allowed to call the club the grew up beside we? Are they allowed to call the new local team they watch we?

What if someone was born somewhere then moved to another country? Are they allowed to call the club the grew up beside we? Are they allowed to call the new local team they watch we?
Yeah, your affiliation as "we" could be credible if you live there and are your local team.

I could pick Ipswich Town right now and go up and down to their games. Calling them "we" would never carry any credibility though.

Yeah, your affiliation as "we" could be credible if you live there and are your local team.

I could pick Ipswich Town right now and go up and down to their games. Calling them "we" would never carry any credibility though.

You live in Ipswich? My condolences.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What size of radius from the stadium do you need to be within to be accepted as living there? How long do you have to have lived there, and how long since you’ve moved are you allowed to keep calling the team we? What if there are other local, smaller teams closer to where you live but you’ve chosen to support someone just a bit further (e.g. supporting Ayr rather than Troon Juniors if you live in Troon)? Can you call Ayr we?

Bit of a minefield this one!

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What size of radius from the stadium do you need to be within to be accepted as living there? How long do you have to have lived there, and how long since you’ve moved are you allowed to keep calling the team we? What if there are other local, smaller teams closer to where you live but you’ve chosen to support someone just a bit further (e.g. supporting Ayr rather than Troon Juniors if you live in Troon)? Can you call Ayr we?

Bit of a minefield this one!

I don't know. I just know that if you randomly pick an English team and you are Scottish, you're not getting away with giving it we.