Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The IRA are/were terrorist and glamourising terrorism is bigoted behaviour. I’m not sure why you don’t understand why people may have a problem with this.

Irish rebel songs are reflective of the countries struggles and history with British occupation over centuries, many of the songs pre date the formation of the Provisional IRA in the early 70's, there is nothing 'bigoted' about the songs or their sentiments, even the more recent ones, for example about Aiden McAnespie or the 1981 hunger strikes while they may not echo feelings everyone's point of view are not bigoted or sectarian in any way, shape or form, hint - google or look up the meaning of terms such as bigot or sectarian, instead of lazily and incorrectly labelling the songs in a bracket that fits your I'll informed agenda. 

Anyone with a semblance of intelligence could comprehend this so, I guess in hindsight that explains why it's difficult for you to grasp.

Irish rebel songs are reflective of the countries struggles and history with British occupation over centuries, many of the songs pre date the formation of the Provisional IRA in the early 70's, there is nothing 'bigoted' about the songs or their sentiments, even the more recent ones, for example about Aiden McAnespie or the 1981 hunger strikes while they may not echo feelings everyone's point of view are not bigoted or sectarian in any way, shape or form, hint - google or look up the meaning of terms such as bigot or sectarian, instead of lazily and incorrectly labelling the songs in a bracket that fits your I'll informed agenda. 
Anyone with a semblance of intelligence could comprehend this so, I guess in hindsight that explains why it's difficult for you to grasp.

I take it Ireland’s century long struggles with British occupation was a really big issue for you growing up in Stirling? [emoji23]

Murdering people because of what they believe is bigoted. I'm not sure what you're having difficulty with. Singing songs celebrating them promotes bigotry. Again, not sure what the difficulty is.

I get that after you were banned for being a bigot, you went for a less bigoted username, but you've already shown your colours. Pipe down you fucking bigot.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I take it Ireland’s century long struggles with British occupation was a really big issue for you growing up in Stirling? emoji23.png

No, not really but, like many people growing up I read a lot and take an interest in history and social events so have a bit of knowledge about it, amongst other subjects I have an interest in such as music and politics, hence I know a bit of the background on the subject matter and can inform the less knowledgeable and, dare I suggest ignorant people on this particular subject. 

3 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

Murdering people because of what they believe is bigoted. I'm not sure what you're having difficulty with. Singing songs celebrating them promotes bigotry. Again, not sure what the difficulty is.

I get that after you were banned for being a bigot, you went for a less bigoted username, but you've already shown your colours. Pipe down you fucking bigot.

I've never murdered anyone chump, I know some Irish rebel songs but singing them isn't bigoted, like I said to Throbber, look up the definition of bigotry and sectarian and contrast those definitions in juxtaposition with Irish rebel songs, your argument falls flat on it's face because you are completely irrational on the subject and a thick, raging idiot.

Example, Rod Stewart recently covered an Irish rebel song, 'Grace' about one of the men in the Easter Rising of 1916, is Rod a bigot?*

There was a sketch recently on the Alan Partridge show of an Irish character singing a rebel song, is Steve Coogan and the BBC all rabid bigots?

*He is a bit of a fanny to be fair, I will concede that.

5 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

If Rod Stewart is singing songs that celebrate murdering folk for what they believe then yes, he's a bigot.

Which wouldn't be a surprise, given he's a supporter of one of the arse cheeks. It's par for the course.

Another clown who generalises Irish rebel songs as celebrating murder and glorifying terrorism when they know absolutely hee haw about them and the sentiments... you really are a catering sized idiot. 

Have a wee read about the song RS covered and what it's about. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Let me know what I have posted or said on here that is bigoted?

One of your many previous usernames was literally an homage to a bona fide terrorist. 

Edited by Rugster

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

But they aren't 'bigoted', glad we established that. 

This swiftly becomes an irrelevant point when songs relate to the provos' murdering of innocent human beings, as does songs gloryfying the actions of loyalist terrorist groups. Perhaps not bigoted but celebrating the actions of horrible murdering b*****ds...

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

All the dog whistle anti-semitic stuff whilst you were trying to look cool about getting blocked by some soap actor

Pointing out the heads gone behaviour and outright lies on social media by an actress who hates Jeremy Corbyn and tweeted some outrageous and hilariously bad porkies to persuade people to swallow her agenda is bigoted???? 🤔

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

No, not really but, like many people growing up I read a lot and take an interest in history and social events so have a bit of knowledge about it, amongst other subjects I have an interest in such as music and politics, hence I know a bit of the background on the subject matter and can inform the less knowledgeable and, dare I suggest ignorant people on this particular subject. 

You missed the bit about then taking your social research and expressing it by singing about it on a Saturday afternoon. Thats the weird bit

I'm a Scot of Irish descent myself but have never really felt that McDiarmaid park was the best place to express that by shouting about it to bemused football fans

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Pointing out the heads gone behaviour and outright lies on social media by an actress who hates Jeremy Corbyn and tweeted some outrageous and hilariously bad porkies to persuade people to swallow her agenda is bigoted???? 🤔

"Jewish and part of the Jewish Friends of Israel Cabal" 

You could have chose to say she was liar, that she had a pathological hatred of Corbyn because of his stance on Israel and maybe even she was a member of JFI but you decided you needed to point out she was Jewish first and foremost though.

I'm sure it was just incidental info though

However, I would happily pay money to watch a show where Celtic fans from central Scotland flown over to Northern Ireland to explain to ordinary nationalists there why they sing about the provos because of research they have done on the subject and their heritage