Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

4 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I'm hoping to emulate Portillo.

IMG-20180506-WA0010.jpeg

*as I alighted the train onto the platform with my cock in one hand and my Bradshaws in the other*

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Who would have thought my hangover would provoke so much attention!

You perhaps?

7 hours ago, Tynieness said:

IMG-20180506-WA0010.jpeg

That book's never had a page turned. You've been having a pretentious meltdown! 

Eta - nae fuckin wonder. First class to and from Doncaster doesn't change the fact that you went to and spent time in Doncaster. That would melt any c**t's head. 

Edited by HTG

IMG-20180506-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.679e9fbb3bce6fa1c6be84c2db09e860.jpeg

MarvelousDirtyAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-1mb.gif

That book's never had a page turned. You've been having a pretentious meltdown! 

Eta - nae fuckin wonder. First class to and from Doncaster doesn't change the fact that you went to and spent time in Doncaster. That would melt any c**t's head. 

I’ve been looking in on Tynie’s meltdown here and am genuinely concerned.

Such a British meltdown. It’s been like watching a Brit version of Falling Down.

In Falling Down, Michael Douglas goes on an armed rampage through LA after being refused breakfast after 11am, whereas we have Tynieness (naturally played by Hugh Grant, who gained weight for the role), having his heart broken by his football peers, quitting his committee role and hopping on a first-class carriage to Doncaster for a two day bender, replacing the violence and profanities with pretentious political wit, smuggery, and smart-arse comment.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Maybe but you can't adopt an Alice in Wonderland approach to words and expect to get away with it.  I  went to see a bloke yesterday about a VW Polo I was thinking of buying for my son.  He described the interior as, 'a bit sluggish'.  He looked askance when I asked him if it went slower than the rest of the car.  My son just looked embarrassed at a poor dad joke but the point's a good one.

The odds on the word 'askance' appearing on the next Sevco Statement have come in considerably since this post.

15 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The odds on the word 'askance' appearing on the next Sevco Statement have come in considerably since this post.

Let's hope so, bud.  I did, of course, pioneer the use of The C Word almost 4 years ago:

On 5/14/2014 at 01:42, The_Kincardine said:

My take is prosaically simple: Even 35 years after I stopped being a member of The OO and left my private lodge I think celebrating The Williamite Revolution of 1688 and its concomitant establishment of parliamentary democracy in Britain is a good thing.

Rangers' statements?  Well behind the language curve IMO.

In Falling Down, Michael Douglas goes on an armed rampage through LA after being refused breakfast after 11am, 

FFS, that's the fourth thing that pisses him off after the "eigh fie cent" soda, the acquisition of the butterfly knife and the drive-by shooting.

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Is that Southport?

It looks like it.  Hottest place I've ever seen a football game - southport v grimsby August 2012, Conference, Haig Avenue,  bloody hot. 

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ban for Jimmy85 eh.... Heads gone? Any info?

Abuse of a moderator apparently.

Abuse of a moderator apparently.
Its all very well defending ones opinions but you simply cannot abuse the moderation team. Sad to see Jimmy go but it sounds like he uncharacteristically overstepped the mark here. Shame.

Perhaps now the Pars will take on my suggestion if a Jimmy85 memorial patch of high ground.