Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Not everyone who posts bigoted and/or racist drivel is struggling. 

Why do you keep reading and now contributing to what is clearly such an awful thread. 

I think VT was alluding to the fact that you should probably get off your cross at some point.

Obviously stopping racist, sexist or horrible comments is a good thing but by doing so then belittling or mocking people as if you enjoy it brings you down to their level. I get it it’s an internet anonymous forum and people will act in strange ways to fit in but there seems to be a predatory nature to quite a few posters on forums and social media. Everywhere there’s always a troll who will poke other people to get enjoyment. It’s really sad, I don’t know if it’s the internet conditioning people to act like this or if it’s always been this way. Kids fair enough but grown men, it’s embarrassing.

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm sure baiting and winding people up who are struggling seems like a good idea.

It is to a few cliquey arseholes on here, aided & abetted by the moderating team who are quite happy to let them destroy peoples mental health to perpetuate the echo chamber mentality. As long as they can give each other the appropriate coloured arrow then that is all that matters, I hope @Div has a good pension plan in place as this site is dying on its arse because of those self righteous bullying wankers.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Obviously stopping racist, sexist or horrible comments is a good thing but by doing so then belittling or mocking people as if you enjoy it brings you down to their level. I get it it’s an internet anonymous forum and people will act in strange ways to fit in but there seems to be a predatory nature to quite a few posters on forums and social media. Everywhere there’s always a troll who will poke other people to get enjoyment. It’s really sad, I don’t know if it’s the internet conditioning people to act like this or if it’s always been this way. Kids fair enough but grown men, it’s embarrassing.

Fell asleep reading that.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It is to a few cliquey arseholes on here, aided & abetted by the moderating team who are quite happy to let them destroy peoples mental health to perpetuate the echo chamber mentality. As long as they can give each other the appropriate coloured arrow then that is all that matters, I hope @Div has a good pension plan in place as this site is dying on its arse because of those self righteous bullying wankers.

The site is not dying on its arse. You keep peddling this pish but saying all the time does not make it true. You need to stop rising to bait continually and you’ll enjoy the site more. 

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Do you sincerely believe that those calling out bigotry are as bad as the bigots because you think they might enjoy it? I dunno like.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

You baselessly smeared @Genuine Hibs Fan as an anti-Semite less than two days ago lol. It's not a surprise that everyone rounded on that.

33 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

In this example bawatchin was a seriously unpleasant individual. He'd be unlikely to be challenged in real life because anyone with any sense would avoid him. He chose to air his views and attitudes here and was quite rightly ridiculed.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Do you sincerely believe that those calling out bigotry are as bad as the bigots because you think they might enjoy it? I dunno like.

You baselessly smeared @Genuine Hibs Fan as an anti-Semite less than two days ago lol. It's not a surprise that everyone rounded on that.

It’s basically ganging up on people and using an excuse to do it. Vast majority of this thread is simply the same dozen or so posters enjoying making people suffer for no real reason.

They will then stalk and harass the same posters over various threads and posts regardless of content quality.

I’m not condoning calling out bad behaviour and have been out of line myself once of twice but tbh you could name the dozen or so who are at it. 
When people have reduced social interaction and try to have a meaningful discussion and get excluded and ridiculed constantly it’s a bit much.

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Digging with diligence

27 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

You called me an anti semite two days ago with no basis in reality, and are now inferring the people calling out actual anti semitism are cliquey arseholes. Take a day or two off my man

Always bizarre when folk start talking about how P&B is dying, considering I'd guess the site's never had so many users/paying members. It always just comes across as "I don't enjoy the site anymore".

@Div - how's the site's popularity these days? Is the hot tub likely to close due to falling revenue?

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
Poor mentioning tekkers.

49 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

We as  a moderating team have tried to help you in the past and made allowances for your mental health.

Your accusations are baseless and offensive and quite frankly you can go f**k yourself.

I'm done with you.

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Always bizarre when folk start talking about how P&B is dying, considering I'd guess the site's never had so many users/paying members. It always just comes across as "I don't enjoy the site anymore".

@Div - how's the site's popularity these days? Is the hot tub likely to close due to falling revenue?

He's just had it extended. Just waiting on lockdown being lifted so we can go round and see it

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

We as  a moderating team have tried to help you in the past and made allowances for your mental health.

Your accusations are baseless and offensive and quite frankly you can go f**k yourself.

I'm done with you.

This

Quite, we have helped loads of times and made allowances for you. 

By all means report offensive posts as I said after your last rant. We always try to remove offensive posts ("offensive" in terms of being racist, homophobic, unnecessarily abusive, etc), though we may miss the odd one if it isn't reported as we don't read every single thread. We also try to prevent any form of bullying. However, that doesn't extend to deleting any post and banning any poster that you ever disagree with.

As ever, please report offensive posts and we will take action if we see fit.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Quite, we have helped loads of times and made allowances for you. 

By all means report offensive posts as I said after your last rant. We always try to remove offensive posts ("offensive" in terms of being racist, homophobic, unnecessarily abusive, etc), though we may miss the odd one if it isn't reported as we don't read every single thread. We also try to prevent any form of bullying. However, that doesn't extend to deleting any post and banning any poster that you ever disagree with.

As ever, please report offensive posts and we will take action if we see fit.

I think that goes for everyone. The mods cant physically read every post on every thread, so if anyone sees anything inappropriate then report it.

Reading it, ignoring it and then complaining it hasnt been removed doesnt help anyone

21 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I'm done with you.

Is that him emptied or are you just telling him you don’t want to speak to him on here anymore?

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

He isn't banned and hasn't been warned. He is welcome to continue posting. If he could do so without slagging the mods off every two minutes, that would be nice.

We have feelings too, you know. 🥺

(We don't really).

He'll have you and @Tynierosepegged alongside the middle management cohort.