Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm sure baiting and winding people up who are struggling seems like a good idea.

Out of interest what's your suggestion when someone starts regularly spouting misogynistic and then suddenly anti semitic material?

Ignore it just in case the poster is mentally unwell? That seems a dangerous and cowardly precedent to set, and removes responsibility of people, y'know, not being bigots.

Hold a mental health intervention? That's unlikely to work. Remember when you were so desperate to be upset with BLM that you found articles from some nutter suggesting that structural racism wasn't real? When I pointed out to you that this and some of your other behaviour was troubling you replied with "lol someone thinks they're a psychiatrist!" And then spent months dropping "what, that's meant to be racist now? 😂" In every conversation possible like a dull, wet fart. So I'm not sure that would work.

I don't really see what other alternatives are open to us, being as we don't know his actual name. Happy for you to provide some actual thoughts and recommendations other than it being sad for people to make fun of bigots though.

I'm quite happy to rip the piss out of someone booted off a football forum for peddling anti-semitic conspiracy theories. As has been established on here bigotry isn't mental illness, and it's very predictable that your focus is completely misplaced

10 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

BawWatchin emptied after finally going over the edge on the Labour Anti semitism thread 

I think that is the correct decision for the overall wellbeing of the the forum and, most importantly, BawWatchin himself.

I also hope the poster who referred to you as 'Genuine anti-Semite' has been dealt with. That completely unfounded remark was disgusting and unacceptable.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Coloured circles = very serious business indeed on the Morton thread.

Very serious business:

On 28/10/2020 at 09:04, SandyCromarty said:

Over the last few days I've been monitoring a 'poster' called 'When Reality Kicks in', he has hit me with a couple of reds on what were virtually harmless posts so I looked into his profile and it seems by the lack of profile this guy wants to remain anonymous,  it seems his MO is just to randomly pick Forums/Threads and issue unwarranted reds, for instance on Saturday he hit the Dumbarton v Clyde game with a bunch of reds in a couple of minutes yet it appears he is not a fan of either club.

His activity shows that he has issued 65 greens but also issued 883 reds, obviously he likes to be fuckin with people as a silly wee boy rather than contributing posts to add to discussion.

It makes a mockery of the Like/Dislike system.

People are clicking downward pointing arrows within red circles on the internet and it is a disgrace.

Time for Ofcom and Police Scotland to get involved here.

nigelv2.jpg.579c2406384cdcca86fc90548e68419c.jpg

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm sure baiting and winding people up who are struggling seems like a good idea.

Not everyone who posts bigoted and/or racist drivel is struggling. 

The whole premise of this thread is a bit off tbh.

Getting a kick out of people losing the plot. Bit sad really.

Why do you keep reading and now contributing to what is clearly such an awful thread. 

Point proven.

I think VT was alluding to the fact that you should probably get off your cross at some point.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

To me, BawWatchin just had massive 'fallen down a YouTube rabbit hole' vibes, which turned his brain into mush.

His recommended videos to watch algorithm must have been absolutely horrific.

Aye, that's how it seemed to me. Can draw a pretty straight line from:

Pro indy conspiracy theories - anti feminist conspiracy theories (around the Salmond case) - "cultural marxism" conspiracy theories - Jewish conspiracy theories.

My highlight was his logic trap of "if you think woman can f**k who they want, you can't be angry about discrimination in employment".

It’s an interesting development that when people go on racist rants one of the First things that’s trotted out is that they are having a mental health crisis. There was a rapper a few months ago who went on a tweetstorm about Jews, spouting anti Semitic conspiracy theories and there were a few talking heads in the media who took that line. There was a video posted on here of someone getting punched on the underground for shouting racist abuse and some of the comments on that were essentially the same. Maybe people go on racist rants because they are, in fact, racists and racism isn’t an illness?

42 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Out of interest what's your suggestion when someone starts regularly spouting misogynistic and then suddenly anti semitic material?

Ignore it just in case the poster is mentally unwell? That seems a dangerous and cowardly precedent to set, and removes responsibility of people, y'know, not being bigots.

Hold a mental health intervention? That's unlikely to work. Remember when you were so desperate to be upset with BLM that you found articles from some nutter suggesting that structural racism wasn't real? When I pointed out to you that this and some of your other behaviour was troubling you replied with "lol someone thinks they're a psychiatrist!" And then spent months dropping "what, that's meant to be racist now? 😂" In every conversation possible like a dull, wet fart. So I'm not sure that would work.

I don't really see what other alternatives are open to us, being as we don't know his actual name. Happy for you to provide some actual thoughts and recommendations other than it being sad for people to make fun of bigots though.

I'm quite happy to rip the piss out of someone booted off a football forum for peddling anti-semitic conspiracy theories. As has been established on here bigotry isn't mental illness, and it's very predictable that your focus is completely misplaced

More like a disease is it not?

Aye, that's how it seemed to me. Can draw a pretty straight line from:
Pro indy conspiracy theories - anti feminist conspiracy theories (around the Salmond case) - "cultural marxism" conspiracy theories - Jewish conspiracy theories.
My highlight was his logic trap of "if you think woman can f**k who they want, you can't be angry about discrimination in employment".
Quite a significant time ago now, maybe a year or two, he was posting some shit about mind control. I questioned whether he was serious and he PMd me telling me how people are already having mind controlling chips inserted into their brains.

I thought he was at it tbh, but since you reminded me about the more recent thing about womens choice of shagging partners I am more inclined to belive it was real.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Quite a significant time ago now, maybe a year or two, he was posting some shit about mind control. I questioned whether he was serious and he PMd me telling me how people are already having mind controlling chips inserted into their brains.

I thought he was at it tbh, but since you reminded me about the more recent thing about womens choice of shagging partners I am more inclined to belive it was real.

Is there a lot of PM messages go around? I get about 2 a year and they're about the Dead Pool.

9 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Glad to see the back of BawWatchin, horrendous poster. One of the few on my ignore list purely for his stupidity.

If he was on your ignore list the fact that he's away shouldn't make much difference to you.

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Maybe just report it rather than celebrating it. 

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

BawWatchin was the one who admitted to being a Banana alias, correct?

Nope, not enough/sufficient forward slashes/strokes in his posts/submissions.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Very serious business:

People are clicking downward pointing arrows within red circles on the internet and it is a disgrace.

Time for Ofcom and Police Scotland to get involved here.

nigelv2.jpg.579c2406384cdcca86fc90548e68419c.jpg

Sandy is a weirdo though, as has been shown numerous times over the years. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

It’s an interesting development that when people go on racist rants one of the First things that’s trotted out is that they are having a mental health crisis. 

I never meant to quote this and can't delete it, soz bro. x