Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I know im at risk of sounding as ridiculous as a certain bit from Clerks 2 regarding racial slurs, but I genuinely had no idea the word tink had origins as a slur against travellers, always thought it was a synonym for mink which was just a word for someone being dirty...

...after a quick google this may also be a no-no.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

Genuinely feel a bit bad now. tbf I doubt I've used either all that much since primary school.

I thought a "mink" was just what you called a manky c**t. Unless manky is dodgy too. This is a minefield, you just have to take their word for it when people say that certain words piss them off and don't go off on one when someone gets it wrong out of ignorance. 

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought a "mink" was just what you called a manky c**t. Unless manky is dodgy too. This is a minefield, you just have to take their word for it when people say that certain words piss them off and don't go off on one when someone gets it wrong out of ignorance. 

I thought it was a wee semi aquatic mammal which is part of the weasel family. 

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I know im at risk of sounding as ridiculous as a certain bit from Clerks 2 regarding racial slurs, but I genuinely had no idea the word tink had origins as a slur against travellers, always thought it was a synonym for mink which was just a word for someone being dirty...

...after a quick google this may also be a no-no.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

Genuinely feel a bit bad now. tbf I doubt I've used either all that much since primary school.

Don't feel bad. I am delighted that someone has taken their time to educate themselves on this.

8 hours ago, Getcher said:

Remember that speech that Marshy gave about how he cared about being top of the green dot leagues, but he couldnt quite reach the top with his insightful football talk and how he was scunnered with the non football talking guys getting all the greenies. Yeah he doesn't care!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's more tragic is that he is trying to get his minions to take down the big green dot brigade, well done on not caring enough to make it your number one passion pal.

But at least he is his own man, the hangers on - who are dropping like flies - are an even more desperate breed. Can't have an independent thought just in case the all about greenie leader says it first. 

What is the deal with Marshmallo (the man who doesn’t care about dots/coloured circles) and Szammo’s Ammo?

For people who don’t care about green/red circles why do they use them in every other post they create?

Just curious. Is it a Twitter thing?

Edited by Scary Bear

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What is the deal with Marshmallo (the man who doesn’t care about dots/coloured circles) and Szammo’s Ammo?

For people who don’t care about green/red circles why do they use them in every other post they create?

Where have I said I don't care about green/red circles? I take my hard earned reputation on this website very seriously.

Marshmallo has a more relaxed attitude towards green and red arrows but good friends don't have to agree on everything!

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I have been using Twitter since before it was cool and I have never seen these dot/coloured circles you talk of on that platform. 

Are you drunk? 

7 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Where have I said I don't care about green/red circles? I take my hard earned reputation on this website very seriously.

Marshmallo has a more relaxed attitude towards green and red arrows but good friends don't have to agree on everything!

Arrows now! 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I thought it was a wee semi aquatic mammal which is part of the weasel family. 

45 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That's a native of Greenock.

Weasel families could take offence at a comment like that.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I have been using Twitter since before it was cool and I have never seen these dot/coloured circles you talk of on that platform. 

Are you drunk? 

Going by that particular poster's penchant for using racist terminology and seeing no problem with it, I think he may struggle to get his head around how The Twitter works.

On 08/09/2020 at 18:37, Scary Bear said:

To you it’s a racial slur, to me it’s an abbreviation for Japanese.

20200727_134359.gif.7950f7d33c12a899ed09fafb82e99424.gif