Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I mean, didn’t you start a thread called “tinks” where you invited posters to share examples of scummy behaviour?

I’d regard that as “blatantly racist”

Seems to be a popular word amongst a lot of the east coasters on here, a search shows that it's well used. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My word.

Do you need gifs explained to you? 

Someone clearly does! 😄

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

You were previously educated on another thread about your anti-traveller racism. You feigned ignorance at the time but interesting to see it was indifference.

A truly horrible individual.

I am truly horrible individual and I burst out laughing at that bit where you claimed to have educated. Oddly enough I suspect you might need educating here.

Rest of your post is pish. Utter dregs. 

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I mean, didn’t you start a thread called “tinks” where you invited posters to share examples of scummy behaviour?

I’d regard that as “blatantly racist”

I know im at risk of sounding as ridiculous as a certain bit from Clerks 2 regarding racial slurs, but I genuinely had no idea the word tink had origins as a slur against travellers, always thought it was a synonym for mink which was just a word for someone being dirty...

...after a quick google this may also be a no-no.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

Genuinely feel a bit bad now. tbf I doubt I've used either all that much since primary school.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That may well be, but the word has made its way into being a racial slur regardless, so it should be binned. That defence would be largely similar to the Ayr fans who believe that song they sing is perfectly fine because they don't mean it that way....

The whole thing is bizarre that it still goes on. 

It's a song I did sing when I was younger, hadn't really thought about it, was just a song at the football, black was just widly used slang for dirty in that part of the world (there was also a term 'black afronted' that I never understood because they were just meaning 'afronted' the addition of the word black serves no purpose).  When I did realise the perception of the song naturally I stopped/skipped that bit/muttered something else, none of that excuses the use of the word black, especially on that context (suggesting black = dirty) regardless of any aincient stories of coal mines, but you don't realise it's wrong until either the point it clicks or someone points it out.  The fact it has been pointed out and continues at both Ayr games and Kilmarnock games (they seem to escape criticism for singing the same song) is frustrating. 

I don't know how to make the point to people (and I've tried) that just because your intentions aren't racist that doesn't make it ok, a black player coming to Somerset/Rugby Park to play and hearing folk shouting about chasing black b*****ds is horrific. I'm amazed I've never heard a footballer talk about it before and it might help rid us of it if one did. 

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No, you're absolutely right about that and I did apologise at the time. It was a careless throwaway remark - I think it was on the Nom Nom thread and it was actually intended as praise for the Chinese and their food!

I will apologise again for any offence the use of that word might have caused.

:lol:

What you actually done was say "I don't think it's racist but if it is then it's because I now stay in England and everyone in England is racist" 

Then disappeared for a bit before returning with "I just went to the Chinese and called wee Sam behind the counter a ch*nky and he said its alright and it doesn't bother him so I'm not a racist!" 

Don't try and re-write your abhorrent actions. Apologise and change your ways by all means though. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What you actually done was say "I don't think it's racist but if it is then it's because I now stay in England and everyone in England is racist" 

Then disappeared for a bit before returning with "I just went to the Chinese and called wee Sam behind the counter a ch*nky and he said its alright and it doesn't bother him so I'm not a racist!" 

Don't try and re-write your abhorrent actions. Apologise and change your ways by all means though. 

Shame you never quite mastered the art of communicating in English.

34 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I know im at risk of sounding as ridiculous as a certain bit from Clerks 2 regarding racial slurs, but I genuinely had no idea the word tink had origins as a slur against travellers, always thought it was a synonym for mink which was just a word for someone being dirty...

...after a quick google this may also be a no-no.

https://www.travellerstimes.org.uk/features/it-time-scottish-society-re-thought-its-language-use-0

Genuinely feel a bit bad now. tbf I doubt I've used either all that much since primary school.

I'm exactly the same as you, didn't know, have used, will stop. 

Gonna fire through your link there, cheers. 

On 19/10/2020 at 01:59, Dee Man said:

Have any P&Bers ever completely lost the plot, verbally abused and mocked a one-armed man for their disabilty after their bag lightly brushed against their car?

That happend where I live! 😆 Mackay, Queensland... This guy is very much the 'normal' for Mackay...

16 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think I may know the answer to this one  🤔

2EDB6CDD-3419-464A-B893-3AE85ABB374E.jpeg

Remember that speech that Marshy gave about how he cared about being top of the green dot leagues, but he couldnt quite reach the top with his insightful football talk and how he was scunnered with the non football talking guys getting all the greenies. Yeah he doesn't care!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's more tragic is that he is trying to get his minions to take down the big green dot brigade, well done on not caring enough to make it your number one passion pal.

But at least he is his own man, the hangers on - who are dropping like flies - are an even more desperate breed. Can't have an independent thought just in case the all about greenie leader says it first. 

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why would anyone be exasperated by someone calling out ethnic/racist slurs? 

Anyway, mind and put your clocks back. Looks like a long Sunday ahead of us.

I mean, you've been on here a lot longer than me so surely that can't be a serious question. There's literally people from this same conversation who have done just that in response to the same post. 

5 hours ago, Getcher said:

Remember that speech that Marshy gave about how he cared about being top of the green dot leagues, but he couldnt quite reach the top with his insightful football talk and how he was scunnered with the non football talking guys getting all the greenies. 

No, I haven't seen that particular speech. Have you got a link to it? 

6 hours ago, Getcher said:

Remember that speech that Marshy gave about how he cared about being top of the green dot leagues, but he couldnt quite reach the top with his insightful football talk and how he was scunnered with the non football talking guys getting all the greenies. Yeah he doesn't care!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What's more tragic is that he is trying to get his minions to take down the big green dot brigade, well done on not caring enough to make it your number one passion pal.

But at least he is his own man, the hangers on - who are dropping like flies - are an even more desperate breed. Can't have an independent thought just in case the all about greenie leader says it first. 

I think you need another trip to the beach, JTS98.

Imagine embarrassing yourself that much that you need to ask for your account on a football forum to be deleted, only to scurry back within days.

Talk about tragic!

435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

No, I haven't seen that particular speech. Have you got a link to it? 

There isn't one. I couldn't give a rat's ass about my Reputation score on a Football Forum, so certainly wouldn't be writing speeches about trying to top an imaginary league table.