Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

22 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Looking down on people because how they choose to live their life isn't a good look imo, so I'm not up for tinker chat. 

I agree, the tinker chat is out of order, however no one looks down on people like a traveller/gypsy does towards us, they have their names for us too. 

Couple of folk about 2 posts away from "tinkers don't have the internet anyway so what's the problem"

Imagine thinking people shouldn't care about the use of slurs because they aren't part of the effected group. And assuming that people/their loved ones are or aren't a part of any group because you're so desperate to be angry at folk for giving a shit

Bracing for some braindead "faux offended" patter, as if that's the point of literally anything. Hopefully get someone saying actually Africans are racist towards each other as well, not seen that one on here for a while

Call it what you want. Tinkers ain’t a race, its not a racial slur.
It’s maybe an ethnic slur. But I’d suggest the faux-offendees on behalf of groups to which they have no direct relation would do their guards better service by actually getting it right before they launch in with both feet. 

Actually, both Romani Gypsy and Irish Traveller are very much considered a race by the Race Relations, Equality and Human Rights Acts, so your slur apologism isn’t even correct.

Your attempted assertion that only the people that bigotry is directly aimed at should be offended by it is also fucking stupid. Unlucks.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Call it what you want. Tinkers ain’t a race, its not a racial slur.

It’s maybe an ethnic slur. But I’d suggest the faux-offendees on behalf of groups to which they have no direct relation would do their guards better service by actually getting it right before they launch in with both feet. 

This is no different from the "Islam isn't a race" crowd. Please read some Stuart Hall (no not that one) I'm begging you

46 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

however no one looks down on people like a traveller/gypsy does towards us, they have their names for us too. 

I mean I think that's just objectively not true lol

Bairnardo is spot on in what he's saying in fairness, but I believe ICTChris is quoting the poster "Kilt" who used to use that phrase to indicate his indifference to coloured circles.

The streets remember

59 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

no one looks down on people like a traveller/gypsy does towards us, they have their names for us too. 

Literally the only folk who believe this are permaseething boomers who think straight, white, middle-aged men are the most persecuted group in the country.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Literally the only folk who believe this are permaseething boomers who think straight, white, middle-aged men are the most persecuted group in the country.

Or someone that has been part of the Gypsy community for 36 years, that has witnessed and even taken part in some horrendous things. Still, crack on, I’ll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject 

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Or someone that has been part of the Gypsy community for 36 years, that has witnessed and even taken part in some horrendous things. Still, crack on, I’ll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject 

I don't think you need to be part of the traveller community to know that there are opinions held by groups of other groups that are far worse than travellers hold over non-travellers.

EDITED because I temporarily forgot how to form coherent sentences

Edited by Gaz

I've got a bit of respect for members of the travelling community, we have a few customers from said community, and they are they are really sound people. Always got time for a good chat and are not a hassle to Deal with. 

3 minutes ago, philpy said:

I've got a bit of respect for members of the travelling community, we have a few customers from said community, and they are they are really sound people. Always got time for a good chat and are not a hassle to Deal with. 

I can’t imagine the racist body builder liking them too much.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I don't think you need to be part of the traveller community to know that there are opinions held by groups of other groups that are far worse than travellers hold over non-travellers.

EDITED because I temporarily forgot how to form coherent sentences

You put me in a group that I certainly don’t belong in. I haven’t been disrespectful to the travelling community  in any way. I stated they look down on us, the gorgia community, that’s a fact