Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

5 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Here's a mad idea, let's all go around the forum playing the post rather than the poster & stop forming nasty little bullying cliques who will deliver coloured circles irrespective of the content. If a post is offensive then the majority of posters will call it out, if the manufacturers of offence mewl and howl, then the rest of us can go about our daily business as long as the mods slap them down. I admit that I have seriously lost the plot over some of the shite that has been going on but this site is fucked if it continues as people will drift away after being caught up in the interminable sniping that is going on.

b5gQRHNMuDii.gif.249f9d28800275991586ba3172646d0c.gif

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What do we call people who repair pots and pans then?

A good starting point would be to consign a term used extensively to refer to the most openly discriminated group of people in the UK to the bin, IMO

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A good starting point would be to consign a term used extensively to refer to the most openly discriminated group of people in the UK to the bin, IMO

I could be completely wrong here but the entomology of that phrase is entirely unrelated to that term. 

2 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

I could be completely wrong here but the entomology of that phrase is entirely unrelated to that term. 

That may well be, but the word has made its way into being a racial slur regardless, so it should be binned. That defence would be largely similar to the Ayr fans who believe that song they sing is perfectly fine because they don't mean it that way....

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That may well be, but the word has made its way into being a racial slur regardless, so it should be binned. That defence would be largely similar to the Ayr fans who believe that song they sing is perfectly fine because they don't mean it that way....

Fair point

Call it what you want. Tinkers ain’t a race, its not a racial slur.

It’s maybe an ethnic slur. But I’d suggest the faux-offendees on behalf of groups to which they have no direct relation would do their guards better service by actually getting it right before they launch in with both feet. 

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

It’s maybe an ethnic slur. But I’d suggest the faux-offendees on behalf of groups to which they have no direct relation would do their guards better service by actually getting it right before they launch in with both feet. 

Aye, being pedantic about exactly what kind of slur it is should definitely be the priority here.

Fucking hell. 

Edit: And it's not "maybe" an ethnic slur - it absolutely is one.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, being pedantic about exactly what kind of slur it is should definitely be the priority here.

Fucking hell. 

Calm doon chief. I know it’s the Heads Gone thread but there’s no need for you to be up n over like a pan of milk. 

10 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ah that's fine then 

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I do wish you would stop getting offended at trivialities 

Edited by Angusfifer

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Warming up nicely in here and thin WATTOO guy hasn't even appeared yet blowing in people's ears. 

There's not much to do around here just now, we should get a good run in itt between now and Monday morning imo.