Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What makes you think he was just trying to point score? I'm sure I saw FB criticising posters usually on the same wavelength as him for being wrong on something.

Because he pretended to be a Falkirk fan and made comments about Falkirk having a racist fanbase, among other things including following me around trying to call me a racist at every opportunity. Its hard to fathom why the banning of an obvious bad faith shitposter is causing such concern tbh. I am sure whoever was responsible can refresh their VPN and crack on again.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Because he pretended to be a Falkirk fan and made comments about Falkirk having a racist fanbase, among other things including following me around trying to call me a racist at every opportunity. Its hard to fathom why the banning of an obvious bad faith shitposter is causing such concern tbh. I am sure whoever was responsible can refresh their VPN and crack on again.

It's not really about being mad or whatever if that's what you're suggesting. It's about trying to work out if there's more substance to it than "they forcefully argued for what they believe in and personally criticised me" which made up about 90% of the criticisms towards ali_91 as well.

That boy Falkirk09bairn red dotted me undeservardly a couple of times so he deserves a banning for that alone. Worked beside a couple of Falkirk fans before and they were big Unionist/Mason men so can understand the racist angle there. 

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's not really about being mad or whatever if that's what you're suggesting. It's about trying to work out if there's more substance to it than "they forcefully argued for what they believe in and personally criticised me" which made up about 90% of the criticisms towards ali_91 as well.

No, i'm certainly not accusing you or lumping you in with certain others. My experience of that poster though, which begun with absolute pish being posted on the Falkirk thread, is that it was an obvious troll/alias/both and was only here to try and bam folk up. Fair enough if that's how folk want to spend their time but cant have any complaints when the ban comes.

I don't know what Ali did to trigger the ban, and had differences with him a few times, albeit agreed many times too. Personally I would prefer it if he wasn't banned because I didn't feel he was a trolling shitposter. That's the difference between those two.

Remember that Aberdeen poster who used to always say “you’d have to be a complete idiot to get banned from P&B, one of the most loosely moderated forums on the internet” only to then be banned himself. Great days.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Remember that Aberdeen poster who used to always say “you’d have to be a complete idiot to get banned from P&B, one of the most loosely moderated forums on the internet” only to then be banned himself. Great days.

Also a popular one from falkirk09bairn Jimmy85

Was it stand free?

10 minutes ago, weirdcal said:
4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Was it stand free?

The jigsaw enthusiast himself.

Stand Free

Someone pm'd me Standfree's Facebook page years ago. Judging by his appearance and his lonely pastimes I would not be surprised if his hard drive has been seized and he was in prison being kept away from the general population. 

Standfree was at times absolutely unhinged, however one has to admire his relentless trolling of Old Firm fans, particularly Celtic match threads. He used to to regularly turn dreadful characters like DavieBhoy into blubbering messes on a frequent basis. 

Because trolling alias accounts who try to use important issues like, for example, racism to score points off other posters on a football forum are better off somewhere else.
So what forum are you going to then?

I always remember how unimaginably angry stand free was at 8miles attempted dotting campaign against him while the rest of us were laughing it off as the absolute childish stupidity of it all.

Here's a mad idea, let's all go around the forum playing the post rather than the poster & stop forming nasty little bullying cliques who will deliver coloured circles irrespective of the content. If a post is offensive then the majority of posters will call it out, if the manufacturers of offence mewl and howl, then the rest of us can go about our daily business as long as the mods slap them down. I admit that I have seriously lost the plot over some of the shite that has been going on but this site is fucked if it continues as people will drift away after being caught up in the interminable sniping that is going on.