Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

BTW Stephen Fry is every bit the highly educated but thick as shit buffoon that Boris Johnson is but because he is liberal he gets a pass.

He is also a massive danger 

Limmy was right when he said that Stephen Fry is, at best, a rememberer of things he's read. Nothing more.

3 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

My last comment on this is a quote from Stephen Fry,

"A grand canyon has opened up in our world and the crack grows wider every day.

As it widens, the armies on each side shriek more and more incontinently at their perceived enemies across the divide, their gestures and insults growing ever huger, cruder and louder. But as the fissure widens and the distance between the two sides increases, the chances of either group hearing or interpreting the other – even if they wanted to, which they don't – decreases daily. The hatred, contempt, distrust, fear and abhorrence each feels for the other is absolute, immovable, implacable, visceral.

I, and millions like me, do not have a place on either side. You can find us cowering down in the ravine below, while the armies clash, clatter and screech above."

You aren't as intelligent as you think you are.

47 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Limmy was right when he said that Stephen Fry is, at best, a rememberer of things he's read. Nothing more.

Without getting all university of life I think the thing I hate most about Britain is the idea that because your school taught classics instead of woodwork you are intelligent.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Without getting all university of life I think the thing I hate most about Britain is the idea that because your school taught classics instead of woodwork you are intelligent.

I wouldn't swap my tough Menzieshill High education for any of that Harris Academy nonsense, with their Latin and Greek studies.

The woodwork department at my school had a maternity unit down the corridor, and it didn't do me any harm.

Spoiler

Naemair.gif.ef7feb6b7ab2086cc64011e983018b77.gif

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I wouldn't swap my tough Menzieshill High education for any of that Harris Academy nonsense, with their Latin and Greek studies.

The woodwork department at my school had a maternity ward down the corridor, and it didn't do me any harm.

Hide contents

Naemair.gif.ef7feb6b7ab2086cc64011e983018b77.gif

Harris Academy of course did both woodwork and classics which is why I'm at home with either pauper or Prince. A true renaissance man 

I wasn't going to make a scene but I've received a number of messages from people asking me to do a post, so here goes...

It is the beginning of a new month and I have some very exciting news to share with the good side of the forum:

Screenshot_20201001-003539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71e67537534a826cc4d71920c5d94afd.jpg

happy britney spears GIF

A big congratulations and well done to everyone who made this moment possible. The forum is a slightly better place today.

As a tribute, let's revisit JTS98's final contribution to Pie and Bovril in all of its glory:

On 18/09/2020 at 00:33, Guest JTS98 said:

Even when I am off the board for a couple of days, I have a quick check in to find @Szamo's_Ammo 's obsession still has him frantically running around looking for my old posts to red dot.

A tragic figure. Imagine that as a use of your time? I feel for the lad. Still, VT will get angry if he doesn't.

image.jpeg.22f805bd95eac4ab68e63dcd298db45c.jpeg

Anyway, just about time for the beach. Happy dotting, Szammo! I wonder what the oldest post you can dot is. There's a fun game.

Fly high with the P&B angels. #GBNF #DrainTheSwamp #LifesABeach

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I wasn't going to make a scene but I've received a number of messages from people asking me to do a post, so here goes...

It is the beginning of a new month and I have some very exciting news to share with the good side of the forum:

Screenshot_20201001-003539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71e67537534a826cc4d71920c5d94afd.jpg

happy britney spears GIF

A big congratulations and well done to everyone who made this moment possible. The forum is a slightly better place today.

As a tribute, let's revisit JTS98's final contribution to Pie and Bovril in all of its glory:

tenor (1).gif

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Did he get banned?

I wouldn't have thought so, considering some of the posters that are still here despite their appalling contributions and behaviour over the years. He probably just asked for his account to be deleted.

He's already set up a dotting account in any case- @Getcher.

Bless him.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

I am sure people voted for Brexit because the NHS would get millions. What people think they are getting and what they are actually getting are two different things.

That’s why the country is such a shambles in the first place, as they allow people this monumentally thick to vote.

7 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

happy britney spears GIF

A really good moment for your forum experience given the abuse he was handing out your way. 

Very disappointed that he didn't float the idea of resigning on here first to engage us on what was the right thing to do.

I do hope he is enjoying his time at the beach, browsing old articles on Spiked. 

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

That's a definite self deletion, it's the same as moomintroll who also messed up my auditing for ages till I figured out thats what it was.

I think he’s flounced off again, incidentally.