Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

What a thing to say to someone on a Monday morning! Bloody hell buddy. 

Quite acceptable I thought, considering your erroneous use of a screenshot to try and point score against someone, or some people, by flinging an accusation more suited to be discusse on the 'When is it Acceptable to Physical Assault Someone' thread.

I think it shows just what an unpleasant individual you are.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

it wasn’t that long ago I was a vulnerable adult living away from home for the first time and if I was told all activities inside my room were being monitored it would have robbed me of some of the best wanks I ever had.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

FTFY

That one specifically though had me grimacing at the screen. Can see him pausing the TV when the news is on so he can hit out with that zinger once the wife comes back through.

6 hours ago, ali_91 said:

This you? 

Well, that's not me on the the video but I did post that video of a speaker at a BLM event being a twat.  You'll also find posts of mine showing the founders of BLM making racist comments.  I have an opinion that the founders of the BLM are not my cup of tea.  Just to clarify, you may want to get a grown-up to explain this,  Show Racism the Red Card, along with other anti racist / anti bigotry organisations have my full support, BLM do not.   What is your point?

What I have not done is take the reputaution dots from one post, imply that they come from a different post and state that I want to 'put cameras in 17 year olds accommodation without their consent.  Very worrying .'

What are you (using false evidence) - trying to imply?

When people are taking to the streets to protest against racism and inequality and one of your reactions is to hunt for videos to discredit Black Lives Matter, I'd say that raises several red flags.

Regardless of what members might have said or thought years ago, it's quite clear what this movement means to the wider community today, in 2020. As with any movement, it means different things to different people and there will always be extremists tying themselves to a certain cause in an attempt to give their abhorrent views some legitimacy.

I'd assume most people using the term Black Lives Matter are and were using the phrase as a means to make a point following the murder of George Floyd, rather than having an epiphany having stumbled across the BLM constitution online.

It's much more comforting for some to quickly gloss over the systemic racism black people face every day and shout "but look what this BLM guy said 10 years ago. They're all fascists!". Nigel Farage was one of them IIRC and it does appear to be a certain type of person who does this, but I'm sure there are some exceptions. 

12 hours ago, ali_91 said:

My point is my man, that someone who tries to paint an anti-racism organisation as anti-white, and peddles extreme right conspiracy theories about the purpose of BLM being black supremacy shouldn’t be calling anyone else an ‘unpleasant individual.’ 

You can try to get a pile on by changing the subject if you want, but you know you did an unpleasant thing.
I am not peddling right wing theories about the purpose of BLM. I am quoting the founders of BLM in USA, Canada and BLM UK who have all voiced extreme opinions. Their dwindling supporters may not,  but the founders - the people who are getting the donations - do.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I wonder why emoji23.png

sashaj.png.ddd48c4e56e429757252d8042dbea613.png

Because the founders and leaders say extreme things that I do not agree with.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

When people are taking to the streets to protest against racism and inequality and one of your reactions is to hunt for videos to discredit Black Lives Matter, I'd say that raises several red flags.

Regardless of what members might have said or thought years ago, it's quite clear what this movement means to the wider community today, in 2020. As with any movement, it means different things to different people and there will always be extremists tying themselves to a certain cause in an attempt to give their abhorrent views some legitimacy.

I'd assume most people using the term Black Lives Matter are and were using the phrase as a means to make a point following the murder of George Floyd, rather than having an epiphany having stumbled across the BLM constitution online.

It's much more comforting for some to quickly gloss over the systemic racism black people face every day and shout "but look what this BLM guy said 10 years ago. They're all fascists!". Nigel Farage was one of them IIRC and it does appear to be a certain type of person who does this, but I'm sure there are some exceptions. 

Fair enough. It should. I didn't hunt, I was sent a load of stuff to help with my job.

It's not the extremists attaching themselves, it is 'founders and leaders' - the people who get the donations. And unless they've withdrawn these statements, I think it does matter.   

I am sure people voted for Brexit because the NHS would get millions. What people think they are getting and what they are actually getting are two different things.

I don't know anyone glossing over racism. I don't casually fling about the word 'facist' (I'd you do, it loses its meaning), Farage is a grade A  clown. The majority of people I know, who have expressed an opinion are 'exceptions'.

My last comment on this is a quote from Stephen Fry,

"A grand canyon has opened up in our world and the crack grows wider every day.

As it widens, the armies on each side shriek more and more incontinently at their perceived enemies across the divide, their gestures and insults growing ever huger, cruder and louder. But as the fissure widens and the distance between the two sides increases, the chances of either group hearing or interpreting the other – even if they wanted to, which they don't – decreases daily. The hatred, contempt, distrust, fear and abhorrence each feels for the other is absolute, immovable, implacable, visceral.

I, and millions like me, do not have a place on either side. You can find us cowering down in the ravine below, while the armies clash, clatter and screech above."

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

BTW Stephen Fry is every bit the highly educated but thick as shit buffoon that Boris Johnson is but because he is liberal he gets a pass.

He is also a massive danger 

FFS Don't bring him into this.