Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Just to say i pressed the button accidentally.  Was looking to confirm it was el marsho who had given the dot.  Apologies.

So did I, finger slipped when I was checking who gave the second dot. Sorry. @ICTChris

Edited by welshbairn

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Birthday caird pish. Bennett has spent much of his time on here trolling, being a snidey arse and general shitposting. He was also quite happy to join his fellow ***s in a piley on one of the Killie posters a few years back iirc.

I'm sure he's capable of being a decent poster, but as Welshbairn says he's absolutely the boy who cried wolf.

So, basically what you're saying is you have no qualms about bullying someone if you think he's not a very nice guy.

Revealing.

11 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That's far too easy a get out for people who just want to behave like an arsehole behind an anonymous username.

Bullying is bullying. Being part of a group of people who day-in day-out pick on another poster is the behaviour of massive bell-ends. Even if he was a bellend himself, it would not be ok.

It displays a worrying lack of thought for the consequences of those kind of actions.

The point I was laughing at was more regarding the red dots. I know it’s a point laboured by Marshmallo, but a grown man becoming enraged at receiving a red dot on an Internet forum is an utterly bizarre image. Can imagine Bennett being in a foul mood over dinner and his partner taking the brunt of it. ‘Aw what’s wrong bennett?’. They’ve gave me bloody 25 red dots on the Pie and Bovril again today’.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The point I was laughing at was more regarding the red dots. I know it’s a point laboured by Marshmallo, but a grown man becoming enraged at receiving a red dot on an Internet forum is an utterly bizarre image. Can imagine Bennett being in a foul mood over dinner and his partner taking the brunt of it. ‘Aw what’s wrong bennett?’. They’ve gave me bloody 25 red dots on the Pie and Bovril again today’.

Turn that around.

Imagine coming onto a website every day and being given 25 red dots by complete strangers?

I'd suggest you take the time to read up a bit on the impact of likes and dislikes on social media. There's a reasonable body of work on this now.

Day after day after day being given red dots by total strangers the way Bennet is could well have an impact on someone's wellbeing.

There's ample evidence for this. We're years after the point now where people can say 'it's only a red dot'.

Even the language you use shows that you don't understand the topic. 'A grown man' implies that it's childish to be bothered by these things. Yet we know that people are affected by it. It's not good enough to pretend you think it's harmless.

Turn that around.
Imagine coming onto a website every day and being given 25 red dots by complete strangers?
I'd suggest you take the time to read up a bit on the impact of likes and dislikes on social media. There's a reasonable body of work on this now.
Day after day after day being given red dots by total strangers the way Bennet is could well have an impact on someone's wellbeing.
There's ample evidence for this. We're years after the point now where people can say 'it's only a red dot'.
Even the language you use shows that you don't understand the topic. 'A grown man' implies that it's childish to be bothered by these things. Yet we know that people are affected by it. It's not good enough to pretend you think it's harmless.
^^^ heads gone

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

^^^ heads gone

Absolute top bantz, that is.

I'll just leave you to consider the gamble that you're happy to take with another human being's wellbeing.

People on here appear to be comfortable taking the gamble that Bennet is trolling or that he's not bothered by what is a concerted bullying campaign against him.

But you don't know that he's trolling. And you don't know that he's not bothered.

I feel quite comfortable saying that people willing to take that gamble with another person's mental wellbeing need to take a good look at themselves.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Turn that around.

I’ve turned it around and it’s equally laughable. I’d be interested to read the research performed surrounding anonymous football forums and negative reputation marks. 

Absolute top bantz, that is.
I'll just leave you to consider the gamble that you're happy to take with another human being's wellbeing.
People on here appear to be comfortable taking the gamble that Bennet is trolling or that he's not bothered by what is a concerted bullying campaign against him.
But you don't know that he's trolling. And you don't know that he's not bothered.
I feel quite comfortable saying that people willing to take that gamble with another person's mental wellbeing need to take a good look at themselves.
Good for you. Maybe go and have a wee lie down now you've got that off your chest.

12 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I'd suggest you ask him how he feels about it, there are plenty Rangers forums he could go on to spend time with more like minded people, but he still comes here after 9 years. If I was in his position I think I'd feel a bit resentful of someone thinking they had to come on and white knight on my behalf. He gives as good as he gets.

Edited by welshbairn

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd suggest you ask him how he feels about it, there are plenty Rangers forums he could go on to spend time with more like minded people, but he still comes here after 9 years. If I was in his position I think I'd feel a bit resentful of someone thinking they had come on and white knight on my behalf. He gives as good as he gets.

No, he doesn't.

He's completely outnumbered.

It's far easier to be one of a group giving someone a hard time than to be the one guy trying to give it back. You know that. Don't be daft.

Guest JTS98
9 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

A new low for Bennett getting White knighted by this guy. :lol:

Nobody is white-knighting anybody.

I've said from the start that I don't know or want to know the whole story and that it's irrelevant.

Even looking at the responses to my post, it's intriguing how many people are keen to stick up for their right to be nasty to someone.

It's quite sad, really.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

How do you know Bennett isn't trolling now?

I don't.

But why take the chance?

What does everybody gain from bullying him? The self-esteem boost from being part of a gang shoving somebody about? That's about it.

Pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

I'm not aware of whatever backstory there is to all this, I've only really used the site for a couple of years or so I think.

But I've long thought the treatment of Bennet on here is pretty disgraceful.

Like I said, I may have missed some kind of backstory, but I've never seen much from him that is offensive. There are certainly far nastier and less constructive posters on the site who attract nowhere near the same levels of stick. I don't really understand it.

A whole team of posters seem to spend a lot of their time on the site giving him a hard time over fairly innocuous posts and going out of their way to red-dot everything he posts. You can say what you like about red dots on a website being inconsequential, but there's something wrong with a mind prepared to devote time and effort to just trying to make someone else feel bad. Bunch of c***s if you ask me.

This whole thread is poor stuff, imo. A thread for wrong 'uns. And here I am.

Fucking hell, more talk of "bullying" on an anonymous message board frequented by adult men. 

I said it yesterday, if you were a poster on here and you genuinely felt you were being bullied, why would you return? It's almost as if he wants attention and pity, it's absolutely pathetic. 

As far as red dots/squares go, I was trying to post about dugs today and couldn't get typing because I was getting continuous black notification bars across my screen and had to wait on Bennett finishing his dotting spree, the c**t. You have no idea of the trauma that caused me. 

While we're on primary school chat, he appears to be the very definition of the kid who could dish it out but couldn't take it. 

If taking the pish out of folk is now being classed as bullying then I bully and get bullied on a daily basis. I always thought that ripping the pish out of each other was one thing that Scots were good at. 

Some utter wet wipes on here. Have a word with yourselves. 

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fucking hell, more talk of "bullying" on an anonymous message board frequented by adult men. 

I said it yesterday, if you were a poster on here and you genuinely felt you were being bullied, why would you return? It's almost as if he wants attention and pity, it's absolutely pathetic. 

As far as red dots/squares go, I was trying to post about dugs today and couldn't get typing because I was getting continuous black notification bars across my screen and had to wait on Bennett finishing his dotting spree, the c**t. You have no idea of the trauma that caused me. 

While we're on primary school chat, he appears to be the very definition of the kid who could dish it out but couldn't take it. 

If taking the pish out of folk is now being classed as bullying then I bully and get bullied on a daily basis. I always thought that ripping the pish out of each other was one thing that Scots were good at. 

Some utter wet wipes on here. Have a word with yourselves. 

Aye, you're right. He should just be a real man. Like you.