Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

Rab randomly making a The Ev post in a thread about James Bulger a while back and trying to mock other posters over sensitive disclosures made on here is inexcusable. 

Fairly sure he claimed to have been a teacher too, so it's not even like he's some sort of edgy teenager that might grow out of it. An all-round worthless human being.

Dunno why you wouldn't post about your personal life on here. There's folk that will have known each other through P&B for well over a decade. Roasting f**k out each other about football and other stuff is fine but slagging someone off about losing their child/addiction is sociopath behaviour.

I posted about struggling mentally after losing a kid and the coke was something I was rattling to take my mind off of things. He's posted before telling me to 'get back on it' during one of my sober attempts. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I have to say that as it is my problems and I'll sort my shit out. Its just fucking weird that he'd bring it up alongside half and half scarfs and "never been to a foreign game". 

just ignore the fud dele. i’ve struggled in the past with coke. been off it for a few months now. it’s hard enough without p***ks having digs at you. keep the head up and ignore.

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Dele posting something personal, which as has been said is one of the best things about this forum that it is a safe haven to post things semi anonymously, and having it used against him is in no way Dele’s fault, and he certainly isn’t ‘partly responsible,’ for some low life with an English team using it against him.

That being said it’s not a massive deal, and my man Dele most likely doesn’t really care. It just outs Rab as a massive c**t, and Enigma as someone who has read the situation terribly. 

Theres a big difference between saying that some victims of crime are partially responsible, for example the below, and saying that ‘you’ve never got the victim blaming argument.’ The victim blaming argument is synonymous with rape and what a woman is wearing, and unless you think a woman wearing a short skirt is partly responsible for getting raped, you obviously do get the ‘victim blaming argument.’

First of all, I said I didn't agree with @Enigma take on @Dele posting personal things about his life on P&B. I've done the very same myself.

Secondly, where did I say "a woman wearing a short skirt is asking to be raped"? I didn't, and I certainly wouldn't say that, extreme case as it is. However, pointing out that getting parallegically drunk, losing your friends and passing out in the street is likely to increase the likelihood of something bad happening to you shouldn't be confused with victim blaming.

Victim blaming and assessing situational risks aren't the same thing. Hence why I said they weren't mutually exclusive. There was an advert campaign in the UK recommending this to women about 10 years ago.

In a perfect utopia nobody would bring harm to anyone but that's not the World we live in. Even more so for women sadly.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

In a perfect utopia nobody would bring harm to anyone but that's not the World we live in. Even more so for women sadly.

Why is it (particularly in the case of women being assaulted) certain people go straight to talking about what the victim could have done differently to be safer, rather than focusing on the person actually committing the crime as the cause of it? 

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Why is it (particularly in the case of women being assaulted) certain people go straight to talking about what the victim could have done differently to be safer, rather than focusing on the person actually committing the crime as the cause of it? 

Who did this? I certainly never. I was pointing out the difference between victim blaming and situational risk awareness, as in crime prevention by looking at previous incidents. Unfortunately, in some previous cases the victims actions may have put them in harms way. Does this excuse the perpetrator? Of course not, but in order to learn from it, it tends to be discussed.

It's the same with accident inquiries.

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This is absolutely not what you said though and you’re changing the goalposts from your original comment:

Yes, in that I don't get equating victim blaming to situational risk awareness. They're very different things that seem to be thrown in together when discussing rape cases.

Hence my "not mutually exclusive" comment.

Edited by sjc

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:
This is almost the best rape related Heads Gone since Xbl said he was like a rape victim.

Wasn't that why he was eventually banned?

The tail end of the Best Posters thread I think. 

Quite the send off.

29 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The tail end of the Best Posters thread I think. 

Quite the send off.

Wasn't he sailing close to the wind with his exchanges with Supras.....be specific.....and all that tedium?

10 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

f**k knows. I thought it was Supras and Dubs that had the ongoing tedious war. 

You might be right. Who was Dubs again?

Edited by sjc

19 hours ago, Dele said:

^^ Holla out to this boy, btw. A great laddie. 

I'd prefer a line was drawn under this all and we can get back to slagging one another. 

(Genuinely thanks though, it's been really heartwarming reading. I'm just going to go back to annoying folks now. Much love. x) 

Get fucked c**t