Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

For about the 20th time, it's not a chaser, it's a curer!

We have never had this argument before, I always call it a chaser. I might go out and meet my gf for a beer in a beer garden in a bit, this beer going down far too well.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

We have never had this argument before, I always call it a chaser. I might go out and meet my gf for a beer in a beer garden in a bit, this beer going down far too well.

We have had this argument before. You were probably drunk and don't remember. A chaser is a spirit you have with a beer. A curer is a drink the day after to sort out your hangover 

We have had this argument before. You were probably drunk and don't remember. A chaser is a spirit you have with a beer. A curer is a drink the day after to sort out your hangover 

Okay, I’m not going to argue with someone as irritable and petty as yourself.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There's no point in talking to him.

Guest Moomintroll

Not at all, sitting in 1st class quaffing a G&T.
Bloody marvellous.
Read that in my head with Rowley Birkins voice & I laughed way more than a sane person should.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Don’t try and engage with the dozy c**t. Chaser FFS.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I feel fine now, a real shame this beautiful day was wasted though. 

I’d permit you the term “sharpener” (actively encourage it even), if talking about a sneaky spirit or two before starting properly. 

Having had to put up with my mum, wife and daughter all afternoon I’m now ready for a beer too.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I’d permit you the term “sharpener” (actively encourage it even), if talking about a sneaky spirit or two before starting properly. 

Having had to put up with my mum, wife and daughter all afternoon I’m now ready for a beer too.

I have always referred to a drink the next day to straighten me up as a "chaser" whether its grammatically correct or not. Curer Is definitely more accurate but I have just never called it that.

I have 5 beers and some wine left for tonight, going to order in a takeaway as well but I certainly feel guilty about it all. 

Oh shut the f**k up, Throbber. You're not the first person to suffer from a fucking hangover.

It’s the fact that it’s so warm outside and I am too rough to enjoy the nice weather that hurts the most though.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It’s the fact that it’s so warm outside and I am too rough to enjoy the nice weather that hurts the most though.

Throw down some more "cheeky chasies" or whatever you call them then.

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have always referred to a drink the next day to straighten me up as a "chaser" whether its grammatically correct or not.

Maybe but you can't adopt an Alice in Wonderland approach to words and expect to get away with it.  I  went to see a bloke yesterday about a VW Polo I was thinking of buying for my son.  He described the interior as, 'a bit sluggish'.  He looked askance when I asked him if it went slower than the rest of the car.  My son just looked embarrassed at a poor dad joke but the point's a good one.

I have always referred to a drink the next day to straighten me up as a "chaser" whether its grammatically correct or not. Curer Is definitely more accurate but I have just never called it that.
I have 5 beers and some wine left for tonight, going to order in a takeaway as well but I certainly feel guilty about it all. 

Why don't you stop drinking?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Maybe but you can't adopt an Alice in Wonderland approach to words and expect to get away with it.  I  went to see a bloke yesterday about a VW Polo I was thinking of buying for my son.  He described the interior as, 'a bit sluggish'.  He looked askance when I asked him if it went slower than the rest of the car.  My son just looked embarrassed at a poor dad joke but the point's a good one.

Maybe it's infested, though he sounds like a Tripadvisor reviewer.

52 minutes ago, throbber said:

Are you American? I only ask because they are experts at using the wrong words for things.