New BBC Documentary Series - Scottish Fitba is Pish

Overall that was reasonable. First few minutes were utterly twee, and it got very OF centric latterly (and the sectarianism bit barely mentioned Celtic), but all told that's fairly decent.

However, it was mainly in the historical frame and we've now reached 1998. Interesting to see how the likes of Roger Mitchell :lol: approach the SPL issue in next week's episode.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreadful dreadful programme. Basically an hour of pro-Rangers propoganda. 

Was nice of them to give some patronising lip service to a couple of the diddy teams for a couple of minutes though. When not talking about how amazing Graeme Souness was. Or having pops at Celtic. 

Cosgrove still not got over being done over by Gretna I see. Guy needs to let it go.

He's right, though. It was a con. But, yet again, Scotland's media lapped up the fairytale bullsh*t instead of asking the hard questions.

Hearts almost die, fans save the club.
Hibs almost die, fans save the club.
Rangers die and the fans stand and give money to John fucking Brown.

All that show really confirms what a fucking despicable, vile, bigoted institution those filthy *** c***s really are.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I forgot about this. Is it worth watching?

There was a decent 30 seconds with Fergus MccCann and a decent 30 seconds with Terry Butcher. 

Other than that imagine an hour of everything that's wrong with Scottish football without an iota of self-awareness. 

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's worth it for the Rangers dressing room karaoke alone.

I suspect Terry Butcher won't be the last player from that clip to try and convince everyone that he is changed man from those days.

I thought it was pretty good. I mean, let's be honest, there's was always gong to be stuff about Celtic and Rangers in it but I enjoyed the bit about the Dundee and Edinburgh teams. Some things I learned tonight that I didn't know. The Mo Johnstone signing was always going to be in there but I like how they've actually managed to get recent interviews with the Bunnet. And to top it all off, Hazel Irvine had her say. I wonder if the program will ever explore the games biggest scandal. Her 'relationship' with Manager Extrordinaire McCoist?

2 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Two things stand out - the Rangers players singing "f**k the pope and the Vatican" and the BBC sitting on it for 27 years when they could have exposed this vile club the very next day and the old twat bowing to Thatcher.

It shows the extent of control Rangers had over the BBC. Chic Young and the rest need to called out for this and taken to task. Its a complete betrayal of journalism.

Interesting programme get to learn things that I didn't know about since I wasn't born at the time still scratching my head over why celtic fans where booing Fergus Mcann since he saved the club.Was expecting us and Dundee to appear since we should be in the administration hall of fame.

9 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Hearts almost die, fans save the club.
Hibs almost die, fans save the club.
Rangers die and the fans stand and give money to John fucking Brown.

All that show really confirms what a fucking despicable, vile, bigoted institution those filthy *** c***s really are.

3-2.

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yeah, it was OK.

Moaning about Rangers being on too much at a period they dominated on and off the park is laughable.

Airdrie fan, J Traynor, hinting it was foreigners fault and not a Scottish builder combined with Mr Murray was worth a shout at the telly.

A wee look at the bigots in action.

Wallet Mercer, I actually forgot about him.

Fine upstanding gentlemen outside Ravenscraig.

Aye, no bad.

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the part with the foreigners who wound up at various diddy teams and clips of them being shite :lol:

Loved the part after where it said that these foreign players were bad for Scottish football.

I liked those bits too. Any idea who the Hearts player was that plummed his shot to the left of the goal? Shoulder length curly hair?

I liked those bits too. Any idea who the Hearts player was that plummed his shot to the left of the goal? Shoulder length curly hair?

And who was the diminutive ginger with the MASSIVE orange tie?

Archived