New BBC Documentary Series - Scottish Fitba is Pish

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullshit bingo ahoy on this programme no doubt.

*No red ash pitches anymore

*Ban playstations

*Summer football

*Lets copy X nation's blueprint

*Too many coaches 

Oh great another segment about mo johnstons signing 

queue the journalists giving it the same old routine " I got a call and couldn't believe it , there was rumours in the day before hand but I refused to take it seriously" , I understand it was a huge signing and a great get it up yae to the green and greys from us  , but the descriptions of it and  recall of the experience are the same every time it is brought up and just descends into a journalist pissing competition to see who can claim was more shocked by it 

Featuring interviews and contributions from Graeme Souness, Fergus McCann, Terry Butcher, Sir Tom Devine and others.

Four of Scotland's most noted and respected academics in descending order of achievement and credibility there.

I for one think it is utterly shameful that Scotland cannot compete with a neighboring country that is around 10 times it's size. I hope you all have a long hard look at yourselves.

When I go to watch Scottish football I don't usually take in the action as I am usually in a dreamworld wishing I'd just been charged a quarter of my weekly income to sit and watch over-hyped, spoilt and greedy multi-millionaires play the same game. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Bullshit bingo ahoy on this programme no doubt.

*No red ash pitches anymore

*Ban playstations

*Summer football

*Lets copy X nation's blueprint

*Too many coaches 

"of course, you could play in the street back then, no cars"

"all we did was play football, football, football, football, week in, week out"

"of course kids could go outside back then"

" 'x Old Firm Player' what a player he was"

"of course, 'x sevco poster' and his like weren't around back then so you be out playing and yer ma would know you were safe"

" 'x Old Firm Player' what a character he was"

"of course, everyone knew everyone back then"

29 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

How Scottish football reacted to a rapidly-changing society

Rapidly changing society? Good grief. Great numbers of it haven't got past 1690 yet.

The Celtic fans happily pay £17 when given the choice.

Hmmmm I've a feeling that it'll all be sevcos fault and they'll have impartial experts like Cosgrove (harr harr harr), spiers, wee Jum, that ch4 guy, Philip and his lovely protege.

Probably won't watch.

Great way to get the season started, really getting everyone up for it - hoping they go big on comparisons with English football. In terms of footage, hopefully 95% juicy old firm content and chuck in 30 secs each of Aberdeen and Utd in the 80's "to keep the teuchters happy"*. Bonus points for a pundit saying "there are no quick fixes" when asked for solutions.

*may be a genuine quote from a production meeting.

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

HEADPHONES!

PLAYERS BONDED BACK THEN!

We were really a team back then, you would get everyone going for a beer after training and have a proper session after a win. Nowadays they are too busy fitting in an extra session at the gym and counting their macros. It's no wonder we're going backwards.

Archived