Young Talent

As has been said, the lad Peggie could make the breakthrough in the next season. Tony Gallagher is chapping at the door and I'm sure if it had been Holt or Pressley in charge, he would have had a few games under his belt.

Ohara will hopefully come back in January with a few go as is to his name and do the biz in the second half of the season. I suspect that Baird might be on his way by then. He isn't a happy bunny being left on the bench as was proved at Dundee, Partick and notably QOS.

Ryan Williamson is the most obvious one at us, outstanding full-back, if he can work on becoming more solid defensively then he will be a top premiership full-back.

Would like to see Spence do well but can see League 1 being his level.

That young Smith(?) who came on against Caley looked really bright and confident in his short cameo and is only 16, Thomas is supposed to be really promising too but hardly seen him play.

Scott Martin & Callum Crane will be next to come through for Hibs.  I really hope Callum gets a run of games this season as he's been impressive whenever I've seen him play, both in defense and attack.  Oli Shaw is another one who's highly rated, would like to see him go on loan to get some more experience though.....

I would 100% agree with Crane, I think he can become a tremendous player for us in the future & would like to see him get a lot of first team football this season.

Ryan Williamson is an utterly dreadful full-back - that's what happens when diddies like Dunfermline eventually clamber out of the seaside league pit and think that their diddies are effective. Absolutely hilarious stuff.

Mark Russell has already proven his ability as a left-back at this level and Jai Quitongo now does what he wants up front. Lee Bonucci Kilday is now the best player at the club and is still quite young (24) for a centre back. He has the same potential value as any of the younger prospects IMO. I don't really care about that though because Lee Kilday.

5 hours ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I would 100% agree with Crane, I think he can become a tremendous player for us in the future & would like to see him get a lot of first team football this season.

Definitely, I can't believe he hasn't even made the bench for the last two games.  Stevenson is good defensively but I don't think he's the best wingback!  The same could be said for Gray on the other side at times too, if we are going to continue to rely on fullbacks for width I think Crane should play instead of Lewis, 

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Ryan Williamson is an utterly dreadful full-back - that's what happens when diddies like Dunfermline eventually clamber out of the seaside league pit and think that their diddies are effective. Absolutely hilarious stuff.

Cheers for the scouting report. Seeing as he's played 37 minutes against Morten in his career so far though, I think everyone will treat your drunken ramblings with the apathy they so richly deserve.

Eagerly awaiting your hilarious response x

Ryan Williamson is an utterly dreadful full-back - that's what happens when diddies like Dunfermline eventually clamber out of the seaside league pit and think that their diddies are effective.

Give yourself a hoover ya drooling thick lipped mink

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 03:39, vikingTON said:

:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/233857-young-talent/&page=1

On 09/08/2016 at 12:41, SuperTon said:

Mark Russell, Scott Tiffoney, Lewis Strapp & Jai Quitongo all look good prospects.

On 09/08/2016 at 13:54, Mr.Blue said:

We have a few really promising young boys coming through our development squad. Jai quitongo, Lewis strapp, Scott tiffoney are all involved in the first team squad just now and it sounds as if there are more on the way. Ive also got high hopes for Thomas Orr who is currently on loan at livi but he isnt getting much of a chance in the first team.

As has been mentioned above plus I reckon another couple of young lads to look out for are Jack Purdue and Stuart Boag (son of Morton legend John Boag)

We have 19 year old Jordan Marshall with about 40 first team starts already and 20 year old Lyndon Dykes already looking an important player for this season. Other teenagers Aidan Smith (currently on loan at Annan), Jake Pickard, Dean Brotherston and Owen Moxon have had some first team involvement too. 

In terms of players not actually seen in the first team yet Connor Murray could be next to make a breakthrough and in the longer term Owen Bell is just 17 and looked the part in pre-season. There are some right good players in our 20s setup at the moment in several positions though who wouldnt let us down if called into the first team.

Archived