The 'beast' chat

Nizzy

Nope, still wrong. I didn't offer any story involving me "reaching into my anus"!
Sorry, but that phrase has given me the giggles! [emoji23]

No denial about being a jakeball I see.

What a dreadful man, please never have children.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just to say in sjc's defence I did a TEFL course in Spain in a building with no air conditioning, and had to practice teaching with glasses steamed up and sweat poring everywhere. It was possibly the worst experience of my life. i.  

As an English learner you're doing OK.  Need to try a wee bit harder, though.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just to say in sjc's defence I did a TEFL course in Spain in a building with no air conditioning, and had to practice teaching with glasses steamed up and sweat poring everywhere. It was possibly the worst experience of my life. But that was teaching adults, sjc, adults, including the presenter of Santiago de Compostella News, who was stunning. We had a to and fro about B and V, she was was vampishly flirtatious but I remained professional throughout, not a trace of a semi.  

I'm reminded of the movie REC, for some reason. Did you turn out to be infected with a demonic possession virus?

Also, what was the B & V that you were rolling around on?

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As an English learner you're doing OK.  Need to try a wee bit harder, though.

Fair enough, that's probably why I barely got a pass mark in it, apart from being a bit shite at teaching. Wish P+B would get a UK English spell checker though.

[emoji23]

Jakeball? That's a new one! Not sure if you're just making stuff up again or just don't know what a jakeball is though!

Bit late with the somewhat bizarre remark about not having children too! I'm pretty sure you've made some snide remarks about me having a kid in the past as well.

Please don't quote me again you absolute diddy.

A jakeball is someone dirty.

Your behaviour indicates you are dirty.

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm reminded of the movie REC, for some reason. Did you turn out to be infected with a demonic possession virus?

Also, what was the B & V that you were rolling around on?

Spaniards think B and V sound identical. So I was trying to show this stunning woman what the difference was, and she was teasing me. If I hadn't being pouring with sweat and with steamed up glasses I would definitely have developed a stiffy, which would have been totally inappropriate, so probably all for the best.

Just to mediate here, a "jakeball" refers exclusively to a hopeless drunk. They may also be manky, but they are only a jakey if they're drunk.

However, that being said, though he used the incorrect phrase, Dindeleux's heart was in the right place for calling out the Bo'ness fantasist for being an utter mink.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don't see why someone needs to be drunk or dirty to be a jakey - it's more about attitude and mannerisms.

No it's not. Jakeball, jakey, jake, jaked etc all refer solely to drunks, drinking and drunkeness.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

IYO

No, that's fact. Anything else is simply a misuse of the phrase by rubes like yourself and Dindeleux who, being from backwards part of the country, have picked up the term from elsewhere and regurgitated it without the proper context.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

FWIW in Dundee Jakey or Jakeball or any variation can refer to a homeless drunkard or some junkie.

That's the thing with language, it alters over time. Look at words like "gay" "h*n" and "teuchter" they have all gotten very different meanings now to when they were originally coined. 

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

FWIW in Dundee Jakey or Jakeball or any variation can refer to a homeless drunkard or some junkie.

Whereas "spinless coward" means the same the world over.

Archived