The 'beast' chat

Nizzy

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Pete Rockwell said:

Not Nizzys fault imo. If we can blame anyone it's the whiny posters that throw their toys out the pram and start pming the mods.

This^

I think that nizzy has handled this quite well.

I stumbled into this about halfway through the shenannagins so cant comment on the original thread, but I saw the aftermath in the heads gone thread. (Names changed in order to prevent banning)

So from what I gather 'Burd A' posted a pic of someone of potentially questionable age on a bantz old firm thread. This got raised in the head's gone thread as people questioned why this didn't result in a ban. 'Chemical Ali' came to the thread to advise that there was nothing to see there, but the post was removed as it was in poor taste anyway. Then both threads were deleted, along with others where it has been mentioned.

I'm just sad that the heads gone thread was collateral damage, an oasis in a desert of shite in gen nonce.

I know it had gone a bit shit, but we're in obituary mode here.

I thought the thread was an appreciation of Brian Easton and I was all for this.

Instead it's a cull of the good, the bad and the beastly. Interesting times ahead.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im sure my thoughts will be met with the sort of abuse they likely deserve, but wouldnt a wee bit of mod engagement over the current state of affairs have helped? I know they are there to enforce house rules and dont really have to explain themselves, but if there was a wee bit of background given in the OP of this thread I doubt wed be all these pages and several bannings into it.

Maybe Div doesnt get involved in shite like this I dont really know, but might not be a bad time to say a few words on the matter and calm it all down. This being a business to him aswell as a forum and all...

If grown men are getting upset about some random online persona calling their own random online persona a beast then it's time for them to give up the Internet for their good of their own mental wellbeing. Bans all round for anyone crying about being called a beast IMO.

Archived