The 'beast' chat

Nizzy

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

What's your username, Lee?

Lee-Wallace.jpg

Usually on Pie and Bovril someone would call out the nipples showing and then say a certain word but we can't and I won't.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Usually on Pie and Bovril someone would call out the nipples showing and then say a certain word but we can't and I won't.

MobileDJ?

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Can still call him a grass 

Just now, GiGi said:

MobileDJ?

You see this is bit I'm struggling with.  Is the actual word a complete banning offence or is it only if you make reference to it alongside a poster?  What if your team were to make the shock signing of Julio Baptista?  Can you not make reference to his nickname?  I realise this signing would be unlikely but Kilmarnock had an ex-Real Madrid superstar last season so who is to say it couldn't happen again.  Would that be a banning?  I'm not even trying to stir trouble here but for a mod to say "this word is banned" with no context is not a very good guideline.

Also, and this is more of a general question about life on the site, when you are talking about someone on here you are making reference to their profile?  So you don't know them and effectively its like an alter-ego.   So why are the mods so precious about certain things?  Different story if you are going on someone's Twitter or Facebook and making allegations towards them.

I've had 2 different PM conversations during my time on here where phrases like "meet", "sort you out" and "go outside for a chat" have been mentioned and to both of them I've said the same thing back - I don't know you, you don't know me so why are you taking things so personally.

Do some people really take Pie and Bovril so seriously?

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You see this is bit I'm struggling with.  Is the actual word a complete banning offence or is it only if you make reference to it alongside a poster?  What if your team were to make the shock signing of Julio Baptista?  Can you not make reference to his nickname?  I realise this signing would be unlikely but Kilmarnock had an ex-Real Madrid superstar last season so who is to say it couldn't happen again.  Would that be a banning?  I'm not even trying to stir trouble here but for a mod to say "this word is banned" with no context is not a very good guideline.

Also, and this is more of a general question about life on the site, when you are talking about someone on here you are making reference to their profile?  So you don't know them and effectively its like an alter-ego.   So why are the mods so precious about certain things?  Different story if you are going on someone's Twitter or Facebook and making allegations towards them.

I've had 2 different PM conversations during my time on here where phrases like "meet", "sort you out" and "go outside for a chat" have been mentioned and to both of them I've said the same thing back - I don't know you, you don't know me so why are you taking things so personally.

Do some people really take Pie and Bovril so seriously?

Evidently some do consider the internet as serious business. I'm sure we've all got our own reasons for being on here - personally I think of this place as no more than a bit of fun but there appear to be some who are so bound up in their online persona that the distinction between it and real life blurs and they take things, including perceived slights from people they're extremely unlikely to ever meet IRL, way too seriously .

Maybe even the site itself falls into this trap on occasion given tonight's events  ...

Archived