Match Day street vendors

Shamelessly stolen from a Celtic FB page but as this affects all clubs thought I'd post it on here. It was reported that Celtic & Rangers roughly lose £4m a season to street vendors but there isn't a great deal that can or is being done to prevent this money going to the vendors instead of the clubs

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-rangers-losing-millions-every-8577710

What's your views on this article?

* Have you or do you buy from the vendors?

* Is it right for fans to buy from street vendors?

* Are we depriving the club vital revenue a season to spend on things like transfer fees & players wages by denying the club this money?

* Should the club get tough on the vendors?

* Should we just allow the vendors to get on with it as there is enough pie for everyone to eat from?

* Do the vendors cover better locations on a match day instead of having to go round to the club shop & is this maybe something the club should tackle with mobile stalls on a match day?

*Are fans likely to choose products vendors sell because they are not as overpriced like official club merchandise?

* Are the vendors offering a service by selling items that are not so PC which some fans like & can't purchase from official club outlets?

Post your views on this below.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Shamelessly stolen from a Celtic FB page but as this affects all clubs thought I'd post it on here. It was reported that Celtic & Rangers roughly lose £4m a season to street vendors but there isn't a great deal that can or is being done to prevent this money going to the vendors instead of the clubs

gM2tyFJ.gif

They do not lose £4 Million from street vendors. What they assume that everyone who buys a scarf for 4 or 5 quid from a street vendor would otherwise buy the over inflated tat eg £12 scarf from the Celtic superstore. that's where they get the figure from.

ETA that Celtic are robbing b*****ds. To "activate" my season ticket online for the murderwell game cost me £1.50 INTERNET FEE...!! Printing your own ticket at home if you don't have a season ticket, using your own printer, paper, ink and electricity will cost you an extra £2.30 when you are actually saving them money printing and sending you a ticket. Fuds

They do not lose £4 Million from street vendors. What they assume that everyone who buys a scarf for 4 or 5 quid from a street vendor would otherwise buy the over inflated tat eg £12 scarf from the Celtic superstore. that's where they get the figure from.

In fairness mate, they allege the vendor they spoke to claims that's how much they lose out on, but funnily enough there is nothing in among his quotes to confirm he actually stated that figure.

Obviously the answer to this is for the club to officially release scarves depicting Bart Simpson pissing on the strip of their rivals.

Worth noting that quite a few of the street traders do buy their stuff from manufacturers who pay royalties to the clubs for using their name/badge.

Figure quoted sounds like pish.

Just now, Davie Bhoy said:

In fairness mate, they allege the vendor they spoke to claims that's how much they lose out on, but funnily enough there is nothing in among his quotes to confirm he actually stated that figure.

So the vendor told Celtic they were losing out on 4 million ?

No, what the article alleges is that the vendor they spoke to claims that Celtic & Rangers are losing out on £4m. As I said though, there are no actual quotes attributed to the vendor to back up their allegations.

Get it up you you cuntos. Zero sympathy for those funding bigotry (I've seen the pish those arseholes sell near Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden).

Plus Celtic and their fellow cowards Sevco get most of the resources from Scottish football anyway. This doesn't even begin to balance that. 

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

No, what the article alleges is that the vendor they spoke to claims that Celtic & Rangers are losing out on £4m. As I said though, there are no actual quotes attributed to the vendor to back up their allegations.

Why is this vendor not a top level accountant if he knows how much both teams lose and the sales of all other vendors and what they are charging. He's missing a turn selling poorly made bobby sands tammy's outside CP.

Is this on the official Celtic FB page, don't have so can't/won't check?

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Sounds like a reliable source. If you can't trust a part-time flag and badge seller to know the economics of a football club, then who can you trust?

Get it up you you cuntos. Zero sympathy for those funding bigotry (I've seen the pish those arseholes sell near Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden).

Plus Celtic and their fellow cowards Sevco get most of the resources from Scottish football anyway. This doesn't even begin to balance that. 

Once again a diddy overlooks the topic to vent his seethe at Celtic & The Rangers.

The question is about vendors affecting your club. Does your club not have any match day vendors?

Why is this vendor not a top level accountant if he knows how much both teams lose and the sales of all other vendors and what they are charging.

Is this on the official Celtic FB page, don't have so can't/won't check?

No mate, it was on the 'Let's all do the Huddle' page but I posted the link to the article at the top of the thread.

6 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Why you being a bellend & editing out the full sentence to twist something I said...oh wait, it's cos you're being a bellend. Answered my own question. Carry on.

How can one vendor decide how much Celtic and The Rangers lose out on? Load of absolute horshit you talk, honestly.

Just now, Davie Bhoy said:

Once again a diddy overlooks the topic to vent his seethe at Celtic & The Rangers.

The question is about vendors affecting your club. Does your club not have any match day vendors?

No. Once more; get it up you cunto.

How can one vendor decide how much Celtic and The Rangers lose out on? Load of absolute horshit you talk, honestly.

:lol: Continuing to be a bawbag. Read the article, I'm just discussing the article. If you don't believe it then it's the media talking Sh!t. Take it up with them. At no point have I said that the figure is correct, despite your pathetic attempt to dress it up that way.

4 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

:lol: Continuing to be a bawbag. Read the article, I'm just discussing the article. If you don't believe it then it's the media talking Sh!t. Take it up with them. At no point have I said that the figure is correct, despite your pathetic attempt to dress it up that way.

Even Romeo is laughing at you, you pathetic galoot.

Even Romeo is laughing at you, you pathetic galoot.

Is he? I thought he was discussing something with me like an adult as opposed to your pathetic childish attempts to spin things round. You're clearly not right in the head.

1. Where did I claim that Celtic & Rangers actually lost £4m to vendors?

Look closely now.

Archived