FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

If I'd lived in a foreign country for 6 years, in a job that gives me loads of free-time, I'd have bothered to learn the language. I can't believe Aguero still uses a translator.

Must be as thick as Beckham

It's not as if he has to learn a language like Japanese with a completely different alphabet. I'd be embarrassed if I lived in Madrid for 6 years and wasn't able to use a bit of conversational Spanish.

Agreed. I was just teasing.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, alang1993 said:

Hadn't realised that, but a quick Google revealed that you are right, the games now go to extra time and penalties if required

I only remembered as Boro Man City ko is 12:15 so I assume that's to get round the blackout if extra time is needed.

On 01/03/2017 at 21:46, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

If I'd lived in a foreign country for 6 years, in a job that gives me loads of free-time, I'd have bothered to learn the language. I can't believe Aguero still uses a translator.

Apparently he can speak English, he just feels more comfortable speaking Spanish in interviews. I've seen a few managers do this as they worry about being misquoted/ using the wrong word. Just googled "aguero interview" and the first one that came up was him after the cup final win on penalties v Liverpool, and he was speaking English. 

What a c**t Macmanaman is. Boro miss a headed chance and he snearingly slaughters the guy. Toure does likewise shortly after and hardly a word of criticism from him. 

What a c**t Macmanaman is. Boro miss a headed chance and he snearingly slaughters the guy. Toure does likewise shortly after and hardly a word of criticism from him. 

He's a fucking awful co-commentator and clearly an utter simpleton.

Quite enjoying the obvious seethe that his pal Joe Hart has been emptied for Bravo though [emoji38]

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:38, Steve McQueen said:

Am I making this up or do the quarter finals now go to extra time & pens rather than a replay?

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:47, alang1993 said:

Hadn't realised that, but a quick Google revealed that you are right, the games now go to extra time and penalties if required

Officially it's been introduced because replays would potentially have had to wait until after the international break. Although there's a non-UEFA midweek the first week back.

In practice also another sop to EPL.

Fourth sub in ET (QFs onward).

Archived