Inverness CT vs. Ross County

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't bring back Draper for this game then we should sack Foran.

I quite fancy being like one of those mental foreign teams that sack four managers a season, it should be a good laugh.

Just give Maurizio Zamparini the reins at ICT.

Given this had slipped down onto page two of this forum you can tell fans from both sides are excited about the game.

Draper and Doran played in a friendly v Clach last night. Hopefully both will feature at some point on Saturday. Particularly Draper.

If we'd had better results in the last few days we'd be more up for it. County haven't had a great start either and have had a poor run in the fixture recently.

Hopefully Vigurs annihilates someone early doors, El Alagui dives to win a last minute penalty and Foran sets fire to an effigy of Jamie McPherson at full time, that should liven things up.

El Alagui hasn't signed has he? I know he played the Clach friendly.  I'm not convinced he's top-flight calibre tbh.  He scored loads in the First Division in the season Ross County got promoted, but the only time he scored against County was after he took Grant Munro out of the game with an elbow (and Falkirk restarted just as Munro's substitute ran on the park).  His injuries seem to have held back his progression.

I would ordinarily say that Boden and El Alagui won't threaten in behind County's creaking defence, but if County go with a back three then it'll be the pace of the wingers that will cause the problems anyway.

I've not seen anything to suggest that he has signed. We need a striker for sure but I am not convinced that El Alagui is the answer. I'd have liked someone similar to Storey coming in, a pacey front man, to play off the last man. Boden doesn't do this and I think, as County fans have mentioned, we could really exploit their suspect rearguard if we had a nippy forward to get in behind them.

The lowest crowd for a top flight derby is 3,741. Wouldn't be too surprised to see that beaten this Saturday.

Boden has looked more anonymous than any player we've had in the last five years. Fisher had far more influence when he came on but I'm not sure how much quality either has.

BaSically if you keep us quiet out wide we are fucked, unless we ping one in from 30 yards.

It's the usual set-piece goal and pace on the counter combo I'm looking out for!

I was having a wee look at some of the players' records in the derby.  Paul Quinn hasn't played many but hasn't won one.

Warren has played 13, won 8, drawn 4, lost 1.

Draper has played 11, won 6, drawn 4, lost 1.  They were the same 1-2 loss in Jan '14, when Draper was sent off for an elbow on Kettlewell.

Doran has played 13, won 7, drawn 4, lost 2. His other loss was Beach Ball Sunday.  He has five goals in the derbies.

With Scott Boyd seemingly frozen out of the squad, County don't have a player with a similar kind of experience, let alone winning record in the derby.

ETA: You've got to hand it to Del and Tel for managing to whip up at least some hype for these games.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Visiting Inverness this weekend. Do you need a ticket to attend the game?

You can buy a ticket from some shack by the main stand apparently. Not a chance this is selling out. Never has interest been lower in a game between our two clubs.

10 hours ago, big al said:

Visiting Inverness this weekend. Do you need a ticket to attend the game?

10 hours ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Are you able to get tickets at the gate for this one?

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but yes you can. Some info here:

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1795-ticketing-match-entry

On 08/08/2016 at 15:51, RiG said:

I suspect you will be able to. It's been a while since you guys came close to selling out your end of the ground (same for us in Dingwall - I'm not point scoring!) but you will need to go to the portakabin outside the mainstand to buy a ticket there. You can pay by card as well which is quite handy. We're not doing cash turnstiles this season.

On 08/08/2016 at 16:23, StuartTaylor said:

Yes, it's only Celtic away you can't get a ticket on the day. 

Cheers lads.

Got a feeling this game is going to go end up in either a big win for Caley or County soaking up all the pressure from the home side and hitting them on the counter to win the game, much like Dundee did to us last week.  Unfortunately with McIntyre seemingly insisting that a 3-5-2 is the best way forward I really fear we could be on the end of a hiding.

Archived