Inverness CT vs. Ross County

Cat B game=£22. Ross County is a Cat A game=£25.

If my maths is correct that is a 13% hike in price. Why?

Enough is enough so I am not going to attend, its the only way I can make my feelings known.

It is up to the individual to decide whether they are willing to pay to get in, but the more who dont attend the sooner people will sit up and pay attention.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Ross County.

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me in person that they take greater pleasure in seeing ICT lose. than they do seeing Ross County win.

I've no doubt there are some County fans on here who are the same.

10 hours ago, silver said:

Cat B game=£22. Ross County is a Cat A game=£25.

If my maths is correct that is a 13% hike in price. Why?

Enough is enough so I am not going to attend, its the only way I can make my feelings known.

It is up to the individual to decide whether they are willing to pay to get in, but the more who dont attend the sooner people will sit up and pay attention.

Yeah the walk up prices are causing a bit of discussion amongst ICT fans as well. I've got a season ticket so it's not too bad for myself but I can't imagine there are many fans who might have paid on the day being attracted to go after seeing those prices. £30 for the Main Stand is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Ross County.

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me in person that they take greater pleasure in seeing ICT lose. than they do seeing Ross County win.

I've no doubt there are some County fans on here who are the same.

Why is that?

FWIW I'm still away on holiday so I won't be attending next weekend either. Crazy prices for both sets of fans.

We've had higher prices than this in the past.  I'm sure I paid £27 to sit in the North Stand for our Celtic cup quarter final a few years back, when they scored twice in the last two minutes to beat us.

Just saw that the Ross County supporters bus has been cancelled for this game due to lack of interest.

£25 is a shite price but I'd have thought that they'd at least get a bus filled.  

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Just saw that the Ross County supporters bus has been cancelled for this game due to lack of interest.

£25 is a shite price but I'd have thought that they'd at least get a bus filled.  

I just came on to say the same thing actually. I know County fans don't like coming to our place (don't blame them it's pretty crap as an away day derby or not) but I thought they could fill at least one bus. Maybe those who are coming will just get the train or drive? Or, maybe the ticket prices have really put fans off this one.

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

In order to gauge supporter interest in whether or not it is worth running a bus it is traditional to actually do something to gauge the aforementioned interest.  There was nothing on Twitter or the official website, so I assume the "lack of interest" was on the part of the club's staff who would have had to actually organise it.

It's alright for myself living in Inverness the ground is easy to get too, but that is pretty shocking for fans from across the bridge.  As others have said I never saw a bus advertised once on the Website or on Social Media, so I dont understand the "lack of interest claim".  On a similar note seen as the club haven't bothered to get back to me can anyone confirm whether or not I can buy a ticket at the ground on Saturday?

1 minute ago, tintax said:

It's alright for myself living in Inverness the ground is easy to get too, but that is pretty shocking for fans from across the bridge.  As others have said I never saw a bus advertised once on the Website or on Social Media, so I dont understand the "lack of interest claim".  On a similar note seen as the club haven't bothered to get back to me can anyone confirm whether or not I can buy a ticket at the ground on Saturday?

I suspect you will be able to. It's been a while since you guys came close to selling out your end of the ground (same for us in Dingwall - I'm not point scoring!) but you will need to go to the portakabin outside the mainstand to buy a ticket there. You can pay by card as well which is quite handy. We're not doing cash turnstiles this season.

I wouldn't read too much into lack of interest for a bus, it's never been a popular option for this game. In all the derbies I've gone to in Inverness (missed one since 1997) I only used a supporters bus once and that turned out to be a 15 seater!

And as mentioned above, it wasn't even advertised. A decision on away buses down the A9 is usually made on a Thursday, I've no idea what this club statement is all about.

33 minutes ago, tintax said:

On a similar note seen as the club haven't bothered to get back to me can anyone confirm whether or not I can buy a ticket at the ground on Saturday?

Yes, it's only Celtic away you can't get a ticket on the day. 

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Never knew that! 

Joint queue for that with the home fans but there's hardly likely to be any issues between ICT and RC supporters.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Joint queue for that with the home fans but there's hardly likely to be any issues between ICT and RC supporters.

No indeed.  It might be like a scene from West Side Story in fact.

Remember on here some pearl clutcher was bawling about our fans behaviour in Dingwall at the last Derby? Heads gone IIRC.

Of course, it'll be fine to queue up together. I don't expect to see any videos akin to the Grahamston clip that appeared at the weekend.

Archived