Inverness CT vs. Ross County

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I see that ICT are charging £25 to get in.

£30 if you want to sit in the main stand. Bargain if you ask me.

ICT and County fans competing to see who can be more pessimistic here. The 3 at the back should favour Mulraney, as in theory it means he would get more space and time to use his pace down the wing, but Partick contained him easily yesterday just by sitting fairly deep and doubling up on him where necessary, so after McIntyre has had a look at the game he may decide to adjust. Draper needs to start to get hold of the central midfield early on, and I'd be tempted not to start Vigurs at all, but instead to move Polworth into the hole behind Boden where Vigurs was supposed to be playing yesterday. I don't make this fixture all that often, and when I do it tends to be a low-scoring draw, but I'm going up for this one, so 1-1 is probably on the cards.  

The prices for this are fucking shameful, btw. Lowest Highland derby crowd in years, nap.       

52 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

ICT and County fans competing to see who can be more pessimistic here. The 3 at the back should favour Mulraney, as in theory it means he would get more space and time to use his pace down the wing, but Partick contained him easily yesterday just by sitting fairly deep and doubling up on him where necessary, so after McIntyre has had a look at the game he may decide to adjust. 

McIntyre really needs to ditch the three-centre-back system for this.

Will he have the balls to drop one of the central defenders to bring a full-back in?

In any event, County don't double-mark, so Mulraney will likely have an important say in the match anyway. 

A few more Derby 'veterans' in the ICT team than ours, plus the fact that I would reckon Foran will be more inclined to get some fire in the bellies of your players than MacIntyre will in ours, makes me I think the most pessimistic I've ever been before a Derby.

BUT it is a Derby, so who knows!

Not sure if I can get off work yet, but will be along if I am, despite the hefty ticket price.

Just now, bunglebonce said:

He did in the one that mattered.  Vigurs then crunched him in the later one.

The League Cup game? Thankfully I never saw that one so I am going to deny that ever happened.

As for the Vigurs challenge I never saw that but it must have been bad as he was out for a fair while. Didn't his season pretty much end after that? :unsure:

Archived