Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

9 hours ago, rednblack said:

So you haven't seen much of us coyle yet you would definently ' fancy my chances against them ' Ok then.

Willie will be back very soon maybe not on saturday but very soon all things being well.

Many teams have tried to close us down and get in about us but we have managed well just as we have without sawyers.

Why would the game get switched ffs this is only the second attempt at the game and numerous games were off last week across all regions.

Pipe doon coyle

Played you early on in the season and I thought we matched you in every department, and we are a stronger team now than back then, 

Yeah, it was early doors in the sectional, and both teams finding their feet, however you scraped your 1 nil win v us IMO. 

Should have mentioned that earlier to the Mussy boys.

Thats why I'd fancy my chances against you!! Get dug right in and pressure every player and a result is completely possible v the Roy.

So just you "pipe down" and hope your (Cumbernaulds) Coo Field is in better nick this weekend or it'll be a no go yet again and Mussy will get the home tie instead lol :whistle

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually two one to us not one nil.

A sectional league cup game means very little we are much better now and that day played a midfielder at right back and had our usual keeper and centre back missing etc.

With you being a local man think you would give us a wee bit of backing trying to create a bit of history instead it's Glenafton this Glenafton that coo field references at every turn in relation to us and giving the opposition 'tips' on how to beat us.

Add to that the following - Musselburgh won't be getting a home tie that just wishful thinking from you and smacks of desperation of you wanting us out stick to blabbing on about what sort of crowd every game in junior football will get on a saturday [emoji4]

Yeah.

Kilsyth have a decent chance in replay against east team.

The pitch is good (a know how everyone at kilsyth likes everyone to know that)

And kilsyth have a good chance of promotion.

See coyle it's no difficult [emoji4]

How are you lot feeling about this weekends tie against the Roy??
I must be honest with you. If there's any sign of rain over the next few days at all, and that coo field of a pitch up in Cumbernauld will be off again guys.
Its worse than the Camelon pitch that you guys in the East go on about, with the added pressure of two teams using it!

Guys Meadow in great condition; going a bit soft. Pitch hasn't been a "coo field" for decades when it was a Meadow, belonging to Guy, hence Guys Meadow. CUFC spend a lot of money maintaining and improving the park on a weekly basis. Is there a reason Kilsyth Coyle feels the need to denigrate CUFC?
Hattrix Bar at Guys Meadow will be open from 11am to welcome all supporters. Pies, hot food and drinks will be available from 12 noon.

Think I hit a nerve with Caroline! Apologies for being so truthful.

No offence to Cumbernauld Utd at all. Great wee club and great clubhouse/ bar which most of us would love to have at our ground.

But come on, we all know how poor the pitch is!! It's rank rotten at best at this time of year. Sorry, but true!!! 

3 hours ago, rednblack said:

Yeah.

Kilsyth have a decent chance in replay against east team.

The pitch is good (a know how everyone at kilsyth likes everyone to know that)

And kilsyth have a good chance of promotion.

See coyle it's no difficult emoji4.png

See how easy it is to get you Rob Roy guys to bite lol :lol: :lol:

See how easy it is to get you Rob Roy guys to bite lol [emoji38] [emoji38]

Of course you kilsyth boys never bite [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You couldn't even lace this boys Boots ya fucking w****r!!

w****r!!!!

You b*****ds make me laugh. You think because you come from the east that you are god..
A tatty field??? Hahaha!! Would it have been on at your ground today? Lower ranked team... the phrase those who laugh last, comes to mind fella!!

A tattie field. d
you must be the biggest p***k that posts on pie and bovril.   no consideration for the weather conditions today but then I forgot you dont know what a level playing field is like and I mean LEVEL.     is there any truth that the olympic ski jumping team have applied to use your team for ski jumping for next years olympics you are a complete p***k no sorry FANNY

Wtf are you actual talking about??? The penalty was as clear as mud. Why did the Bonnyrigg team do nothing to complain about the penalty decision???
Exactly! Enough said!!

Decent cup tie today. 
Kilsyth tried their very best to kick us off the park in the second half but we got the goals in the end. 
Looking forward to next week. 
What game were you watchin ya tube, you must be fishin, not a bad tackle in the game and your number 9 is related to tom daly, divin b*****d

18 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

September 2016

with No. 11 Jed Davie improving so much game to game this season compared to last year. Management team doing a guid job with his confidence; something which was lacking last year

Yesterday

Finally I'll mention Jed Davie, who was a 'bit' player in the last couple of seasons. However, since the new management team have come in, what a change in his performances, and has chances of being our player of the season this year.

I'm confused, there are parts of these two posts I don't understand and I am very surprised that someone who usually posts possitive comments comes out with this.

In September i didn't think your post was fair on Jed or to be honest the previous management team

Whilst it maybe the case that he is improving  game on game compared to last year - i'm not sure its very fair on the player or the previous and current management team to call him a confidence player. I think the work that every manager at Musselburgh has done, from his Under 19s bosses to the current boss should be applauded as well as his attitude and willingness to improve both in training and matches

Yesterdays post is the reason for my reply as it was far worse!

To call any player in a TEAM a 'bit' player is a wee bit disrespectful. Whats worse is that the player has played a vital part of every Musselburgh team he has played in since joining the club.

The stats show that in his 1st year at the club he played in over 90% of the u19s team games and featured in many squads especially towards the end of the season. An Under 19s team that didnt get half the credit it should have as the team and coaching was excellent. 

2014/15 in the main squad he made 33 appearances scoring 1 goal

in 2015/16 in the main squad he made 27 appearances scoring 8 goals 

This season in the main squad he has 18 appearances with 4 goals.

No player should ever be described as a 'bit' player. I can only speak for the previous 2 management teams who treated players the same if they were ever presents or out injured. - Judging by the games i have seen in person and online Calvin operates exactly the same.

Very Surprised by these posts.

Afternoon Faceman. Good to know that you feel my comments are usually positive. However, I'm not sure why you are confused or surprised, by my comments/thoughts on Jed, but I will try and make your mind less fuzzy.

Jed's performances this year, to use your words have been positive. So much so, that if the player of the year awards were being voted on just now, he would probable be my pick. For me he is a much better player this season than last, and I do think his confidence has increased as he is generally in the starting 11, and I hear a lot of good comments on his performances from my fellow supporters. He is playing better, obviously because of his natural skills, but also, I believe, because he has get better players around him, and a much better management team this year as opposed to last year.

I know that because of your new job, although you are a Burgh supporter, you don't visit us much these days. However, if you were to, you would see for yourself how well he is playing. Also, if you were able to look at the manner that Shandy and Geordie manage each game, you would see the confidence they install in their players, even when the results aren't as good as the performances. The management due are constantly talking to the players, giving them quiet words of encouragement throughout the game. I don't think the last management team did this as well.

Bit player - l know that you are a great statistics person, so in case I'm wrong, perhaps you can look into this. Maybe I have selective memory failures!? Last season, how many of the 27 games did Jed start, and what % of this is against the 27 appearances he made. If you do a similar comparison, for this year, I'm sure Jed has a higher % of starts this year to last- and probably the year before. Also, this year, I don't think there are many games that Jed hasn't played the full 90 minutes. The more that you play, if you play in a better team, which we are compared to last year, then it is bound to make someone more confident, and feel 'less' of a bit player. In no way was I being unfair to Jed, quite the reverse. You may think I am being unfair on the last management duo, and perhaps you'd be right. But if I had a choice between the old management team and this one, I would pick Shandy and Geordie every time! 

Hope this explains my thoughts for you.

It's good to talk!

2 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

Afternoon Faceman. Good to know that you feel my comments are usually positive. However, I'm not sure why you are confused or surprised, by my comments/thoughts on Jed, but I will try and make your mind less fuzzy.

Jed's performances this year, to use your words have been positive. So much so, that if the player of the year awards were being voted on just now, he would probable be my pick. For me he is a much better player this season than last, and I do think his confidence has increased as he is generally in the starting 11, and I hear a lot of good comments on his performances from my fellow supporters. He is playing better, obviously because of his natural skills, but also, I believe, because he has get better players around him, and a much better management team this year as opposed to last year.

I know that because of your new job, although you are a Burgh supporter, you don't visit us much these days. However, if you were to, you would see for yourself how well he is playing. Also, if you were able to look at the manner that Shandy and Geordie manage each game, you would see the confidence they install in their players, even when the results aren't as good as the performances. The management due are constantly talking to the players, giving them quiet words of encouragement throughout the game. I don't think the last management team did this as well.

Bit player - l know that you are a great statistics person, so in case I'm wrong, perhaps you can look into this. Maybe I have selective memory failures!? Last season, how many of the 27 games did Jed start, and what % of this is against the 27 appearances he made. If you do a similar comparison, for this year, I'm sure Jed has a higher % of starts this year to last- and probably the year before. Also, this year, I don't think there are many games that Jed hasn't played the full 90 minutes. The more that you play, if you play in a better team, which we are compared to last year, then it is bound to make someone more confident, and feel 'less' of a bit player. In no way was I being unfair to Jed, quite the reverse. You may think I am being unfair on the last management duo, and perhaps you'd be right. But if I had a choice between the old management team and this one, I would pick Shandy and Geordie every time! 

It's good to talk!

Its good to talk! Couldnt agree more. Good that more accounts are opening and talking about football although sometimes, as in the case above a face to face would make folk less confused! - especially me!

Not going to get into a this years team v last year or what ever years team. Thats more of a debate for a quiet night in the pub and even then im sure you would agree - nobody would ever pick the same 11 as you or i. We can maybe work on a greatest team sometime. 

The same goes for the management team. What I will say is that I have been lucky enough to see Calvin, Stevie, David, Jackie, Gordon, Tony, Stewart and Dougie Bell..manage this great club .and as a supporter I can honestly say that everyone of them has been superb for the club. Each of them can stand up proud of their record.

I know Calvin is early days but the few games ive seen this season and a few games as boss before that show he is and is gonna be a top boss for Musselburgh and we will do well to hold onto him. 

Stevie for the superb run in the Scottish in 2015 and maintaining us as a top super league side.

David for countless Scottish runs especially in 2011. The cup wins and finals (Which people forget - wasnt a regular thing) Promotion to the top league and sustaining our top league status over a long period.

Jackie great scottish run. 2004? i think, 1st cup win for donkeys years. Gordon Smith for many cup runs and a superb promotion etc etc

Point is They have done their best for the club and we are in dream land compared to where we were 20 odd years ago. So i respect the work they have done and find it harder than many people to compare and contrast. So I wont even try. Better just to continue to wish Calvin well and as a supporter like yourself hope he can continue to get the best out of the lads and finish well

As for Jed and the post you have written above, I see it wasnt a dig at him, maybe just my way of reading it. The word 'bit' player was what confused me.

The answers to the stats questions, I will try my best.

In all 40 starts in the 2 seasons. - I cant tell you how many of the games he didnt play because of Injury or holidays etc - you would need to confirm that with him

Last season he was 6th top of players used. The season before 6th. This season I think only Declan has played every minute of every game but not looked for a while. Jed was 18 starts last time i looked at the books. I would argue that total appearances are the way to measure a players improvement and we can at least agree he is a vital player as he has been since he joined. Not a 'bit' player in my view and his attitude, work rate and management input over the years is the main reason he has progressed as well as we both agree he has. 

20 hours ago, Toffee fan said:

It's good to talk!

Marvellous post - well said Toffee Fan.

And good luck to the boys tomorrow.

Archived