Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

Looking forward to it Lee, just need to see when it takes place with Cumbernauld also being at home in the next round - maybe easier if KKR switch the tie to Olivebank?!?!

Wouldn't mind a wee trip through seeing as I missed the trip against Colony Park through work. I think our tie will be played later than the rest if it isn't switched

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Wouldn't mind a wee trip through seeing as I missed the trip against Colony Park through work. I think our tie will be played later than the rest if it isn't switched

So why are you playing your matches at Cumbernauld? Could you not agree sharing facilities closer to Kirkintilloch?

So why are you playing your matches at Cumbernauld? Could you not agree sharing facilities closer to Kirkintilloch?

Cumbernauld is 15 minutes away so not so bad. Closest would be Kilsyth Rangers' Duncansfield Park but I'm sure it was something to do with Kilsyth wanting double the money than Cumbernauld wanted

Still on a high thinking about our great comeback yesterday up at Lochee. 

Hope the feeling continues to next week's home league match against Kelty. They are by far, the best team we have played this season, but given that it is a home game, looking for a better result this time around.

Last season, Kelty beat the Burgh at Olivebank, but a few weeks later, we beat them up at Kelty, so maybe it might be role reversal this season! Anyway, I know we are improving as a team, and with our three forwards all getting goals yesterday - Mon the Burgh!

I have started a new topic to get the final pieces on your clubs last 20 years of history. (History help - Musselburgh Athletic)

If you have reports from the games or have a very good memory all help is most welcome. This is the final part of the research to give the club accurate records for the last 20 years to accompany the superb work done by the club in particular Hugh Ferguson and externally Tom Thornton. 

I will post the missing information by the season. over the next few weeks, with the aim to hand over the 'season books' within the next couple of months.

Finally, Thank you for any help and i urge all clubs to keep information from all your games to ensure your club has records to look back on.

Thank you Ryan Kelly

Thought we were very unlucky to come away with nothing from that game. Although top of the league, actually thought Kelty didn't give a good account of themselves - but their fans will say they won, so who am I??

When Musselburgh played up at Central Park earlier in the season, Kelty hammered us 3-1 and it was the best performance I've seen against Musselburgh, and in our league for the past 5 seasons at least. 

However, their play today was totally different, and if you are that good and top of the league, then play the game how it should be played.

Ref bottled it by not sending off Kelty's no. 5 in the second half, after he had been booked in the first half. Their no. 3 (Elmer Fudd look alike - and so aptly named!) really should try and start all-in wrestling, the way his arms and elbows flail about whenever he went in for a challenge - maybe he feels he needs to play like that to impress the coaching staff!

So, onwards to the last game of 2016, and let's end on a good one with a win away to Camelon.

Moan the Burgh!

5 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Thought we were very unlucky to come away with nothing from that game. Although top of the league, actually thought Kelty didn't give a good account of themselves - but their fans will say they won, so who am I??

When Musselburgh played up at Central Park earlier in the season, Kelty hammered us 3-1 and it was the best performance I've seen against Musselburgh, and in our league for the past 5 seasons at least. 

However, their play today was totally different, and if you are that good and top of the league, then play the game how it should be played.

Ref bottled it by not sending off Kelty's no. 5 in the second half, after he had been booked in the first half. Their no. 3 (Elmer Fudd look alike - and so aptly named!) really should try and start all-in wrestling, the way his arms and elbows flail about whenever he went in for a challenge - maybe he feels he needs to play like that to impress the coaching staff!

So, onwards to the last game of 2016, and let's end on a good one with a win away to Camelon.

Moan the Burgh!

based on the game i still think Mussie will be a bottom half team this year. Raise game for bigger teams which is usual however will bottle it v poorer teams.

2 minutes ago, secret_admirer said:

based on the game i still think Mussie will be a bottom half team this year. Raise game for bigger teams which is usual however will bottle it v poorer teams.

How do you think we bottle it against poorer teams?

Maybe watching last year's performances I could agree with you, but Shandy and Geordie have got a brand new squad playing well this season, and if you saw the game up at Lochee last week when we scored 3 goals in the last 12 minutes to win 3-2, I can't believe you think we bottle games. A number of games this season that have been drawn or lost - I'd say we were unlucky as opposed to being bottles.

By the way Jed is our most improved player this season, when compared to last year!!

l know he is our ONLY remaining player from last season, but Shandy and Geordie have installed more belief and confidence to Jed that dick and dom did before they moved on the the wee club a few miles away. He can tackle now, does more running about for the team, today, even had time to do a trick shot before scoring a great goal - a potential for player of the season.

Their no. 3 (Elmer Fudd look alike - and so aptly named!) really should try and start all-in wrestling, the way his arms and elbows flail about whenever he went in for a challenge

..............................................................................................................

Best left back in the league.

3 minutes ago, macintosh said:

Their no. 3 (Elmer Fudd look alike - and so aptly named!) really should try and start all-in wrestling, the way his arms and elbows flail about whenever he went in for a challenge

..............................................................................................................

Best left back in the league.

Not on today's showing macintosh, but as you said earlier, you weren't there.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 16:52, Casey Jones said:

Moan the Burgh!

MOAN the Burgh right enough...

After a great win from being 2-0 down in the Scottish against Lochee 2 weeks ago, and very unlucky not to take point(s) last week against Kelty, today certainly wasn't our best performance of the season, but at least we didn't end 2016 with a loss. 2nd 1-1 draw this season against Camelon, with Mathu King, proving again he is one of the best forwards in our league.

Hope the boys have a great break over the Festive period, and then start 2017 with a home win on 7 Jan against HoB.

Mon The Burgh!

Archived