Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

On 10/22/2016 at 22:20, Casey Jones said:

I see our ex camera man was back at Olivebank today. Maybe he wants to join Matti and Kieron and get a transfer back to a guid team. But that position has already been filled!

20 years is long enough and Kennie and Amy do and have done a superb job promoting the club for the last 5 years. I have been to 3 friendly games as well but if this is a new thing then fair enough.

To answer your post, I was at Musselburgh on Saturday to take in the 2nd half as a mark of respect to my Grandad who died 10 years ago to the day. As a man who enjoyed going to the games, he got my Dad hooked to Musselburgh and in turn got me hooked. I attended a service at Lorretto after the game. As Musselburgh are by far the most family focused club around i am sure no one at the club has a problem with that.

My employers (Which you have mentioned in half your posts in a Musselburgh thread) were aware that i wasnt able to get to their game as i didnt finish work in time,

I hope that answers your post. 

On a side note it was great to see Stephen back (or ex physio as he is probably known) in the dug out. A top lad who will add to Calvin's team. It was also great to see a good crowd, the tannoy working, the ground looking picture perfect and of course a home win. If your supporters club starts to respect the other teams in the league then i am sure the take up will continue to increase as well. 

All the best for the rest of the season

Ryan (ex camera man)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offence meant in either of my TWO comments where I make reference to you and certainly no problem insinuated!  And; I am sorry to hear of your sad day, but I wasn't in the know about this.

I support Musselburgh Athletic so as a member of this forum,  I am obviously going to comment on this thread more than in any other thread.  It first was actually meant as a joke, given that if you look at the post just prior, the poster said; and I quote "But what an entertaining game - a 12 goal thriller. That's a goal every 7.5 mins". So I thought maybe you wished you were still here?!? The second post I made was a comment on the back of someone responding to my earlier post. Given my 'happy mood' at an 8 4 victory, I maybe got carried away with my 2nd post on you, but sorry,again if you have taken offence at that!

Hopefully that answers your post - and note I haven't put any of this in bold!  - Indeed you will always be welcome as at least it adds some welcome income with the gate money

All the best to you too sir!

ex camera man - have you changed your name? Thought you used to go by the name Mussey something (lad or boy)? It also looked from the post above that you were hooked on Musselburgh. If so, why are you now saying you are a Cowdenbeath supporter? Is this for the football team or stock cars and why has your love of the Burgh gone? Seems a bit of a puzzle? Pray tell!

After a promising first few minutes when we could easily have been 2-0 up, for some reason, our game just disappeared for the rest of the first half. By half time, Jeanfied were the better team and went in leading 2-0.

We started the second half a lot better, and it was good to see Michael Moffat coming on at right back. With a couple of other positions being switched, the team's formation seemed much tighter and I could see that we would get back into the game. Two good goals by Connor Sprowatt, who played great when he came on as sub, and Matti King (again!) matched by a great save by the Jeanfield keeper when the score was 2-1, meant that the final score was 2-2, with The Burgh being unlucky not to win in the end!

Lets hope for a good win away to Arniston next week in the Fife and Lothians Cup.

Mon The Burgh

Can't believe how the Jeanfield right back / captain gifted Mussleburgh with their first goal. A long ball from Mussleburgh right back, cross field, he had so much time to organise himself, yet still ended up laying it on for Sprowatt. How embarassing.

Correct Benny. Like to see Connor S given an extended starting position in the team. Also, defence has been a bit shaky in the last couple of weeks, so with Matty Lynch free of suspension, and joining Jonno at centre back, along with the return of Michael Moffat at right back, and Jed returning to left back, which is his best position this season, confident that we can win a few games in a row starting with an away cup win on Saturday against Arniston. As the best keeper in the league keeps on saying, C'mon Lets get a winner, Lets get a winner!!

See I've already helped the management team with half the players - will let them pick the rest!

Tough away tie against Lochee Utd in the Scottish. However, if we play the same way against them as we did earlier in the season, I'm confident we can come back with a win! Looking forward to it.

Should be a good tie. Hard to predict. Would rather play a team from another league

I agree no1. Think this is the only tie where East Region Super League teams play each other. Lochee will be pleased they have home advantage, but playing our best, I'm hopeful for a positive result for The Burgh

Hope for a good tie. Bringing many fans ?? About time lochee won the Scottish. Be very difficult though !!

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Looking forward to the match against Bonnyrigg Rose. Always a difficult team to play against, but I'd always pick Matty over our previous centre forward, Jamieson. Hope I'm proved right and Matty scores the winner tomorrow!

Has Matty been on a diet? 2-0 the Rose tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Looking forward to the match against Bonnyrigg Rose. Always a difficult team to play against, but I'd always pick Matty over our previous centre forward, Jamieson. Hope I'm proved right and Matty scores the winner tomorrow!

Jamieson is playing for us because he's miles away from your two bob nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Red Rose said:

Has Matty been on a diet? 2-0 the Rose tomorrow. 

Have you ever seen Matty play before? One of the hardest working players in the league and does more running in a game than Jamieson will ever do. Rose might well win 2-0, as they are a good team, but we will have to wait and see.

Archived